OneBucPlace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneBucPlace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneBucPlace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

EAS whey vs. ON gold standard whey

In terms of QUALITY (forget taste), does anyone know if ON gold standard whey is really that much better than EAS whey? I've researched a lot of threads on this board, and while ON seems to be the favorite, I haven't really heard anything bad about EAS.

I'm wondering because SAM's club has a 5LB bag of EAS for $30. Yet, ON is almost the same price for only a 2LB. Is EAS worth the savings or is it junk?
    Last edited by OneBucPlace; 06-21-2009 at 09:58 AM.

kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    correct me if im wrong but gold standerd is a shake and that EAS drink is a meal replacement.

OneBucPlace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneBucPlace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneBucPlace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kgcolbyIII View Post
    correct me if im wrong but gold standerd is a shake and that EAS drink is a meal replacement.
    I meant the EAS whey powder, not the drink.

kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgcolbyIII is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/elite.html

iv taken both EAS and ON. were pretty much the same to me. This stuff here is pretty good also. its only 1 scoop for a serving so it can last awhile seeing how its 70 servings for around 35 or so. also in your price range. If you dont mind taste give this stuff a try.

jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jondoe777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I switched to eas whey from ON's and never looked back. Still take ON Procomplex, Vassive N.O and C5. ON makes quality products but in my opinion their plain whey is too much $ for what it is.

and honestly our opinions don't really matter because every one is different. I like ON, others don't. Some love scivation and others don't. Really trial and error so go buy w/e and see how you like it.

_muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    quality wise ON probably wins because there is more WPI in their protein, whereas EAS has more WPC. Will it cause drastic differences? no. Will cause any differences at all? Probably not unless dieting for a show in which case I wouldn't use either I'd use something like Isolyze.

Originally Posted by _muscles_ View Post
    quality wise ON probably wins because there is more WPI in their protein, whereas EAS has more WPC. Will it cause drastic differences? no. Will cause any differences at all? Probably not unless dieting for a show in which case I wouldn't use either I'd use something like Isolyze.
    Where do I find the actual WPI content in these and other products? I've looked on their websites and packaging, but don't see it. Is there an online source that lists all this data? Thanks

Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I picked up a 5 lb bag of EAS' "Premium Protein" from Costco for about $30 today. Costco ALSO sells a Whey Isolate protein (generic brand?) for $22 for something like 2-2.5 lbs.

It was a little annoying getting soy protein in the blend, but I do like having a casein/whey concentrate + isolate blend in the morning and at work. Tasted terrible in chocolate and it takes 2 scoops to get the same amount of protein as 1 scoop of ON but I think that's because EAS uses smaller scoops.

2 EAS scoops = 34g
    1 ON scoop = 29g

EAS protein is 3g of carbs, with 1g from fiber per serving which is better than a lot of other non-ON protein blends though. Did I mention it tastes awful?

MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeD4386 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ecnewyx View Post
    I picked up a 5 lb bag of EAS' "Premium Protein" from Costco for about $30 today. Costco ALSO sells a Whey Isolate protein (generic brand?) for $22 for something like 2-2.5 lbs.

It was a little annoying getting soy protein in the blend, but I do like having a casein/whey concentrate + isolate blend in the morning and at work. Tasted terrible in chocolate and it takes 2 scoops to get the same amount of protein as 1 scoop of ON but I think that's because EAS uses smaller scoops.

2 EAS scoops = 34g
    1 ON scoop = 29g

EAS protein is 3g of carbs, with 1g from fiber per serving which is better than a lot of other non-ON protein blends though. Did I mention it tastes awful?
    Um, wow, no EAS is 23g/scoop and ON is 24g/scoop.

Originally Posted by OneBucPlace View Post
    Where do I find the actual WPI content in these and other products? I've looked on their websites and packaging, but don't see it. Is there an online source that lists all this data? Thanks
    You're not going to find the percentage of Isolate/to concentrate. You can look on the igredient list and find which theres more of, other than that you have to guess. The main difference is basically WPI is like 9p% by macros (not by weight) and concentrate theres like a few grams of fat and some carbs per serving. It's really no big deal, that the only difference.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kgcolbyIII View Post
    and honestly our opinions don't really matter because every one is different. I like ON, others don't. Some love scivation and others don't. Really trial and error so go buy w/e and see how you like it.
    lol

OP, EAS Whey is a fine substitute for Optimum Nutrition whey, and if you have a good deal on it, even better. But, they make a Myoplex in a bag now... make sure you're looking at EAS whey instead of Myoplex. Personally, I like and use Myoplex, but, it's not strictly a whey powder.

TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) TortureMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For me EAS was much better than ON. But if you are looking for budget protein - American Whey tastes better than both and is a lot cheaper.

J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000)
    EAS Whey tasted better, but ON's has a better ingredient profile and uses more whey isolates instead of whey concentrates. EAS is great if you are on a budget though.
    [A]lpha [B]eard [C]rew
    300+ Bench Crew
    IRB 9k+
    ~Polish Strength Genetics~

_muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _muscles_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by OneBucPlace View Post
    I don't think you can find the exact % but just look on the ingredients. On the ON WHEY whey protein isolate is listed first, then WPC, meaning there is more isolate than concentrate.

EAS has about 2 1/2 times the amount of cholesterol that ON does. Nearly 70g. That's something else I'm going to have to consider as I already have high cholesterol. I may end up just going with ON.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Check my sig
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ecnewyx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MikeD4386 View Post
    Um, wow, no EAS is 23g/scoop and ON is 24g/scoop.

You're not going to find the percentage of Isolate/to concentrate. You can look on the igredient list and find which theres more of, other than that you have to guess. The main difference is basically WPI is like 9p% by macros (not by weight) and concentrate theres like a few grams of fat and some carbs per serving. It's really no big deal, that the only difference.
    Oh, sorry. What I was trying to say was the amount of POWDER in 2 EAS scoops (or the size of 2 scoops) was close to the amount of 1 ON scoop.

Yes, the amount of protein per powder is better for ON than it is for the EAS one.

wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50) wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50) wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50) wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50) wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50) wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50) wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50) wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50) wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50) wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50) wengl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    EAS 100% Whey you find at Sams Club and Costco is quality, it's what I use most of the time. As far as ON and EAS, one is every bit as good as the other. So get the EAS and save yourself some money and get the same results.

smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500) smellyclowns is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i was actually looking at buying the EAS bag a couple of days ago at sams club and i think im going to give it a try and put up a comparison