Auschwitz Powerlifter Gideonlong's Avatar
    Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000)

Help finding a club/coach in Texas

I just turned 19 years old, i'm in the DFW area in Texas right now just messing around in my commercial gym with olympic lifts but I feel like i have some potential and want to find an actual club/coach to train at. I've already done some powerlifting meets in the past so I have a strength base and weightlifting seems like something that would suit me more and that i'm more interested in. However I don't want to go to any basic nooby classes or crossfit classes, I want to find an actual legit coach or club for olympic lifting cause i'm very serious about competing in the future and I don't wanna waste any time.

If any Texas brah's or anyone can point me in a good direction that would be great, i've been scouring the usa weightlifting site but most of the clubs are crappy crossfit gyms and aren't focused on olympic lifting.

Clean and jerk: Only been working on form 47 kg or 105 pounds for reps
    Snatch: Just doing light snatches with the bar
    302.5/ 181.5/ 402.5 @128lbs 18 years old USAPL.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depending on where you're at in DFW, there's Spoon Barbell in Richardson. You can look them up. Richard Flemming is the main coach there, and he's trained Chad Vaughn. In Fort Worth, there's Black Box run and coached by Dutch Lowy, very good guy and knows his stuff. He learned from Richard Flemming. There are a few other crossfit boxes that have very good coaches running their weightlifting programs, too. I used to train out of Spoon and know a lot of the lifters and coaches in the area, although a few are newer.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Auschwitz Powerlifter Gideonlong's Avatar
    Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000) Gideonlong is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    Depending on where you're at in DFW, there's Spoon Barbell in Richardson. You can look them up. Richard Flemming is the main coach there, and he's trained Chad Vaughn. In Fort Worth, there's Black Box run and coached by Dutch Lowy, very good guy and knows his stuff. He learned from Richard Flemming. There are a few other crossfit boxes that have very good coaches running their weightlifting programs, too. I used to train out of Spoon and know a lot of the lifters and coaches in the area, although a few are newer.
    Thanks a lot bro, i'm right near the plano area so pretty central and I don't mind making a drive for a good coach. I'll definitely look these guys up and come to a decision thanks again.
    302.5/ 181.5/ 402.5 @128lbs 18 years old USAPL.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Gideonlong View Post
    Thanks a lot bro, i'm right near the plano area so pretty central and I don't mind making a drive for a good coach. I'll definitely look these guys up and come to a decision thanks again.
    Richardson won't be too far for you, so that's where I would start. I trained with Spoon for almost 10 years before moving out to AZ.

In Frisco, there's a Crossfit box where Caleb Ward trains/coaches also, but don't remember the name of it. Might be a bit expensive, though.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133