PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Getting no pump in chest, need advice

I'm doing a push/pull routine so on Mon and Thur I do Chest/Shoulders/Tris. On Monday I'm doing Bench, Mil. Press, Close Grip Bench. Thur I do Incline DB Press, DB Shoulder Press, Skull Crushers.

I get no pump at all in my chest and my chest is never soar the day after. I get a great pump in my Shoulders and Tris and they are usually soar the next day. Do I need more volume for my chest? I've checked my form on the Bench and DB press after watching a bunch of videos posted on here and I don't think that's my problem.
    Last edited by PuffinMyLye; 06-19-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Jfunkhouser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jfunkhouser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jfunkhouser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jfunkhouser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jfunkhouser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jfunkhouser has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    that's all the chest exercises you do?

Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post
    I'm doing a push/pull routine so on Mon and Thur I do Chest/Shoulders/Tris. On Monday I'm doing Bench, Mil. Press, Close Grip Bench. Thur I do Incline DB Press, DB Shoulder Press, Skull Crushers.

I get no pump at all in my chest and my chest is never soar the day after. I get a great pump in my Shoulders and Tris and they are usually soar the next day. Do I need more volume for my chest? I've checked my form on the Bench and DB press after watching a bunch of videos posted on here and I don't think that's my problem.

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i've had a similar problem, and heres how i fixed it.

1. drop the weight a little, and focus on using only chest, basically if you stand and mimick the bench press, but use a slow speed, and force it into the chest you'll get an idea of how you should be doing presses.

2. the other way i've found s to do pre-exhaust supersets

good luck bro
    my thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11891327
    My new site http://sites.google.com/site/grim83/

It isn't that they cant see the solution.
    It is that they cant see the problem.
    -G.K. Chesterton

No training session can be wasted
    by a man who is determined to succeed.
    -Brooks Kubik

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post

Many people have some difficulty developing their chest muscles because their triceps and shoulders take control. Perform your BB and DB presses at a low incline (25 degrees). It may help to target the chest more. You can also pre-fatigue your chest muscles with flyes or DB pullovers prior to the presses. I highly suggest DB pullovers. It's an excellent stretching exercise that you can go fairly heavy with. Make your chest routines a priority. Work them first in rotation when your energy levels are the highest. It takes time to develop the chest because it's a fairly large area. Be patient and keep hammering.

PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jfunkhouser View Post
    that's all the chest exercises you do?
    Yes that's all I do. 3 sets of 6-10 reps to failure.