THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

can i be a personal trainer without actually being certified

will a gym hire me

dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ygbodybuilder10 View Post
    will a gym hire me
    See this thread
    Professional Fitness Trainer
    MS, NASM, NFPT

Registered User iKoniConSciencE's Avatar
    iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ballys will. And you'll get around $10/hr.

Some other gyms might, too, if they think you look the part (judging from your photos, you do), but the pay won't be very glamorous and there is a good chance that you will only be teaching basic stuff.

You can still advertise as a freelance trainer (as in, work for yourself), set up a web site, post flyers, and such. A lot of people (surprisingly enough) don't even ask about credentials. If you present yourself in a knowledgable, positive light and let your physique do the talking, you may get some results.
    My glass isn't half full, nor is it half empty. It's just a glass. And I'm damn glad just to HAVE that glass at all!

ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sadly, some will. But I sure as hell wouldn't hire you unless you at least have the intention of getting certified and/or are in the process.

If you're at all serious about training, get certified. A cert doesn't make you an expert, but it at least shows some basic competence and shows you probably won't hurt someone. Just being a guy who works out a lot doesn't cut it. You need at least some credential. No offense but unqualified people trying to be trainers make the legit ones look bad. Do it the right way or not at all.

MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sadly plenty of gyms will hire someone that looks like they workout, and they do not need to carry a cert.
    It doesn't matter to the gyms much anyways. All they care about is "are you going to make me rich"
    Mastering Yourself Makes You Fearless

Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Meathead. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some do, some don't. The problem is.. experience. We all need to start somewhere, right? I believe college degree in this field/experience is far better than certification. Any ******* can pass an exam, but it doesn't mean they have any clue. In addition, it isn't about being in good shape and knowing things...etc, it comes down to being a good personal trainer, which is different. A lot of gyms hire someone based on their certifications, hence why some people have like 3-4, and when it comes down to it, they are clueless and barely train themselves. Ive seen it any many places ive gone through

I suggest, studying as much as you can, understand the anatomy of biomechanics of the body, that is KEY, with this stuff. Experience. Get a cert. if a gym says it is necessary

Ive never been certified - worked any many gyms, Depends on the gym, corporate or not, privately owned, and your specific job/duties

good luck
    Bodybuilding T-shirts available
    CHEAP!
    PM for details

petelta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I haven't had a certification my 8 years of freelance training. I have two degrees in the field but never got certified. I've learned that as long as they get the results they want, they don't care about credentials. Know what you're talking about and they will buy.
    Travis Petelle
    Check out Go Healthy Fitness' FREE Newsletter at http://www.gohealthyfitness.com for weekly fitness, nutrition, and health tips.

ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by petelta View Post
    I haven't had a certification my 8 years of freelance training. I have two degrees in the field but never got certified. I've learned that as long as they get the results they want, they don't care about credentials. Know what you're talking about and they will buy.
    well that's a different story. i have a degree in exercise science, just kinda got the cert as icing on the cake... kind of a "why not". what are your two?

Twin385banshee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twin385banshee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twin385banshee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twin385banshee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twin385banshee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twin385banshee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twin385banshee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twin385banshee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twin385banshee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twin385banshee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im a certified personal trainer and I dont even want to be one lol, I just got it for my own personal knowledge hahahaha. Passed it the first time. Just get certified.