anikey is not very helpful. (-500) anikey is not very helpful. (-500) anikey is not very helpful. (-500) anikey is not very helpful. (-500) anikey is not very helpful. (-500) anikey is not very helpful. (-500) anikey is not very helpful. (-500) anikey is not very helpful. (-500) anikey is not very helpful. (-500) anikey is not very helpful. (-500) anikey is not very helpful. (-500)

Serratus Anterior Training

Does anyone try to target the serratus anterior separetely?

Look at Stallone's core. Nobody even comes close today. It can't just be a bf% issue

AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Could have something to do with the Rocky Balboa roles, ya know, since it gets called "the boxer's muscle"...
    forum rule
    Discussion of illegal, banned, or controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to: steroids, FDA banned substances, pro-hormones, illegal drugs (United States laws apply), and prescription drugs. If it isn’t a product currently sold on Bodybuilding.com take caution in discussing it.

anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AirChair View Post
    Could have something to do with the Rocky Balboa roles, ya know, since it gets called "the boxer's muscle"...
    Weak Serratus anterior is the reason most of us have bad shoudlers.

When I get impingement I do Serratus anterior work. Only exercises I do is 'push ups - when you go up think about moving scapula out.' Like wise in a Seated row you cna think of moving scapula out as you pull.

I will be keen to here if there are any exercises that specifically target SA.

HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopefulDO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by anmol_khanna View Post
    Weak Serratus anterior is the reason most of us have bad shoudlers.

When I get impingement I do Serratus anterior work. Only exercises I do is 'push ups - when you go up think about moving scapula out.' Like wise in a Seated row you cna think of moving scapula out as you pull.

I will be keen to here if there are any exercises that specifically target SA.
    Perfect answer, deserves a rep but i cant yet lol.

Woodchopper exercises with the pulleys (basically imitating chopping wood) i think might do some serratus anterior work and i guess spending some time on the punching bag would also help.

I also only do pushups for it though.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...lderRaise.html

Take a look at this. Someone else posted this the other day also.

good luck

gms1365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So far the best to me is the dumbbell pullover...I tryed dips with wieght, shrugs with weight, shrugs with olimpic bar behind, but I love more the dumbbell pullover.You know...it took about three months to start to see results.Of course I did it at least twise a week....but i follow a paper program to keep me on the track.

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gms1365 View Post
    So far the best to me is the dumbbell pullover...I tryed dips with wieght, shrugs with weight, shrugs with olimpic bar behind, but I love more the dumbbell pullover.You know...it took about three months to start to see results.Of course I did it at least twise a week....but i follow a paper program to keep me on the track.
    You made a new account to bump a 4 years old thread

Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dafushnizz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pullovers get my serratus pretty hard. Shoulder presses also hit them a bit. If you get a punching bag, they will most likely grow like crazy considering the serratus anterior is responsible for pushing your shoulders out (like punching). Serratus pushups will hit them in a more isolated fashion. Get on your elbows as if doing a plank, then make your shoulders go behind your back while in this position then push the shoulders to a position infron of your chest. I do this once a week. Gets your core + serratus.