Closed Thread
    lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Best Workout DVD's (Weight Training)

Hi everyone,
    Can you please tell me what the best Weight Training DVD's are for building muscle? I like doing DVD's because it takes the guess work out of the work out. Please include any success stories for everyone to read! Thanks!
    Today is Somebody's "Some Day"!

NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    P90x! P90x!

lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50) lutesville will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Really?? I saw this advertised and checked it out on Amazon! It makes sense to continuously challenge your body, but some of the moves look super hard -- unless you are already in pretty good shape. I am still about 30lbs overweight. Do you think I could still do it? Have you had any success with P90x?

Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gettingthere69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lutesville View Post
    Really?? I saw this advertised and checked it out on Amazon! It makes sense to continuously challenge your body, but some of the moves look super hard -- unless you are already in pretty good shape. I am still about 30lbs overweight. Do you think I could still do it? Have you had any success with P90x?
    not that im a fan on any weight training dvd ( I train heavy), but on px90 I just think its dangerous for someone who isnt in decent shape IMO.

I have yet to hear someone out of shape do this properly.

I like these, my moms does them and ive viewed them a lot:

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...o-fitness-7991

this is a bit more traditional, and well by the original ms olympia

http://www.amazon.com/Shape-Rachel-M.../dp/6303697259

if you haven't heard of collagevideo.com id take a peak, they have nice quality sample clips

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you can do P90X even if you're a newbie, just modify it to your level.

However, it's a $120 investment and each workout is 1 hour and newbies don't always have that kind of commitment initially.

I've done Jari's Ripped 1000 which is good and I've heard good things about cathy friedrich DVDs/
    Be, be here, be there, be that, be this
    Be grateful for life, be grateful to life
    Be gleeful everyday, for being the best swimmer among 500,000
    ~It's Your World, POPS

NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10) NurseRatchet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have been doing it for a month, and have had good success so far! Getting much more toned. I definitely recommend it.

I think you definitely could still do it, but you are right some of it is really hard and it might be frustrating if you aren't used to exercising regularly...and it is a time investment if you use it as a program (like it is intended, and not just doing some of the DVDs in random order whenever you decide to workout). Its 6 days a week of working out for about an hour.

It is pricey ($120) but I got mine used from someone off Ebay for $40! You could always check that out.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I got my start with weight training from Cathe Friedrich DVD's, used them until the fall of this year. I think they're great, esp. the push/pull and supersets workouts. I've designed my own strength program now since I prefer heavier and fewer reps, but I still use a lot of what I've learned from the videos. And occasionally I'll do her legs/glutes video for my second legs day to switch things up.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My votes go to P90X and P90X+. They are fun and challenging, and each person can adapt them to their intensity level.
    The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.

ACE-Certified
    www.catalyst4fitness.com
    twitter@catalyst4fitnes
    www.companies.to/catalyst4fitness/
    online fitness and nutrition coaching, boot camps, and traditional training

mochafusion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90x gets my vote too

I agree P90x is the way to go, even for a newbie because it comes with a nutrition plan and you can do as many cycles as you want. If you are like me when I started exercising, you may not want people looking at you and with P90x, you get a very hard but adaptable workout in the privacy of your home.

hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50) hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50) hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50) hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50) hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50) hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50) hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50) hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50) hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50) hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50) hvivona will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Another vote for P90x here! Great program!!
    No effort is ever wasted, even the slightest attempt at transforming ourselves makes a difference. It is our patient cumulative effort that grows into self-realization sooner or later.

kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a cathe friedrich fan and i still only use her for my weight training. she just came out with STS which is a series of 40 workous broken down in 3 meso cycles: endurance, hypertrophy, and strength. Each meso is done for a month (or 2 if you want to do the longer rotation). I like it better than p90x but thats a personal opinion.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ANY workout, whether it be PX 90 or whatever, is only as good as the effort you put into it and regardless of the training, if you do not eat properly to build muscle, then you are not going to build muscle.

I am not aware of any workout DVDs that are targeted to women who want to "build muscle". There is really no market for this due to the negative connatations most women have about building muscle, which they often confuse with "getting bulky".

That being said, it is not a "training DVD", but more a lifestyle production that I would recommend. Its " The Harder I Train, The Luckier I Get", by Jenny Lynn, two time Ms Figure Olympia. Its shows several days in her life, including cardio, workouts, meals and even a full posing seminar she gives for figure competitors. She gives alot of good information. Her workouts are definitely intense and she is not using light weights! It available at her website: jennylynnfitness.com

Personally, I think an investment in this plus reading a couple of good books on weight training and learning for yourself how to best train and eat for YOUR body will do better for you in the long run than spending $159 on PX90.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

crimsonfox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    p90x, but you have to be willing to commit the time and make the effort from the workout all the way through the diet. I lost 5% body fat while doing p90x. I'lll likely do another round sometime in the fall.

Chalean Xtreme looks like a p90x for women when I see the infomercial. However, I don't own the workout and I haven't personally tried it.

gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gingernut76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lutesville View Post
    Hi,

Just wanted to say that I am a complete beginner, and also around 30lb overweight, but I love P90X. I can't always keep up, but every time I do a workout I get a little better. Plus, being a newbie at all this, I don't have to worry about embarrassing myself at a gym.

sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I asked beachbody about Chalean Xtreme and was told it is not as intense as P90X or P90X+.

P90X and P90X+ are for anyone. They are not gender-specific. We should all be lifting using the same form. The amount of weight may differ but the exercises don't.

Originally Posted by crimsonfox View Post
    p90x, but you have to be willing to commit the time and make the effort from the workout all the way through the diet. I lost 5% body fat while doing p90x. I'lll likely do another round sometime in the fall.

Chalean Xtreme looks like a p90x for women when I see the infomercial. However, I don't own the workout and I haven't personally tried it.
    The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.

ACE-Certified
    www.catalyst4fitness.com
    twitter@catalyst4fitnes
    www.companies.to/catalyst4fitness/
    online fitness and nutrition coaching, boot camps, and traditional training

kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sha11 View Post
    I asked beachbody about Chalean Xtreme and was told it is not as intense as P90X or P90X+.

P90X and P90X+ are for anyone. They are not gender-specific. We should all be lifting using the same form. The amount of weight may differ but the exercises don't.
    I hated Chalean Xtreme personally. It wasn't challenging at all. Nothing compared to P90X. Plus Charlean got on my nerves!

Smile

Great posts everyone! Looks like p90x is the winner!

infrascan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up 60 years old!

Out of all the home training DVDs I have to say P90X is the best! When I first started P90X I had to modify the moves. Within two months I was able to do all moves and stay up with those on the DVD. When done with P90X I moved onto P90X2 then insanity and now I'm doing body beast to gain more muscle mass. Beachbody DVDs are fantastic and I highly recommend!!

leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000)
    I too have done PX90 I loved the Plyometrics DVD most of all . Others were good too except for the Yoga DVD only did that once , Boring ! I do not like Yoga I need action you can find bands with handles at Walmart .

ericmeyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Ben Pakulski MI40 or hypertrophy Maxx

Both Mi40 and Hmax are extremely informative. You may learn a thing or two even.

bethc0924 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could try P90 to start, it is not as intense or difficult as P90X but still a Tony Horton program. Chalean Extreme is good, you can modify most of the moves. I went to gyms for years, used to do The Firm but have had great results with most Beachbody workout programs.

sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sophia717 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As a newbie I think P90X is best for you,after watching you can modify it to your level.best of luck

wheresMoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Amy Bento's Slo Mo Strength Challenge
    Cathe Friedrich's STS (Three phases of 12 DVDs), Pyramid Upper & Lower Body, Xtrain Burn Sets
    Kelly Coffey Meyer's L.I.F.T, Muscle Up...Lift 2B Fit.
    Ilaria Montagnani's Atletica

these are all fantastic (my faves anyway!) & are much more cost effective than the beach body systems.

AnnB66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    P90X - just modify! I actually am just starting another round - wish there was a thread here for P90X users!!

I didnt care for chalean...and Cathes STS program was too much calculating etc. but her pyramid workouts are good

infrascan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body Beast

Personally I like Body Beast MUCH more than P90x, check it out!!!

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ananda, where are you with your necroposting memes? Get with it.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs