Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50)

It's time to get my Muay Thai on...

Hey BB.com-ers! I'm moving to Phuket, Thailand for an extended period of time, most likely a year to train Muay Thai and MMA. I've previously trained in Thailand for a few months but never for an extended period of time and am really excited about taking fighting to the next level and competing regularly.

Right now I'm at home. (Florida) Only been home for a month, so I've been working on conditioning, and no nothing half assed. Sean Sherk style caveman training, pushing myself to my limits twice a day. I arrive back in Thailand on June 6th which is a Saturday and training begins on the Monday after.

My current stats and goals are as follows :

Fight at: 70 KG (155 lbs) Bodyfat: 15% ( endomorph )

Muay Thai Record : 2-0

This is what my current training schedule looks like :

9 AM - An hour long run/jump rope session with no breaks.
    10 AM - Dynamic and static stretching for an hour.

I'm done by 11 and then have time to recover, rest and prepare for session 2.

4 PM - Start with a 7km run, takes roughly 30 minutes with traffic on the roads and people on the sidewalks.
    4: 30 PM - Caveman training session. 5 rounds. 5 different exercises each round for 1minute each with no break in between. I take a 1 minute rest between these rounds and practice recovering and breathing techniques for the next round.
    5:00 PM Jump rope and boxing footwork for roughly 30 minutes.
    5:30 PM 5 Rounds on the heavy bag. Muay Thai (elbows, knees, punch combos with low kicks)
    6:00 PM Ball slams with a 12lb medicine ball. Core training. Hyper extensions for lowerback. Neck and shoulder rotations.
    6:30-7:00 pm Yoga.

This is a grueling routine that lasts till I get to Thailand. I want to be in peak condition as I'll probably be fighting Muay Thai at local stadiums once or twice a month and doing as many grappling competitions as I can.

The team I'll be training with can be found at www.mmaphuket.com.
    The head trainer is Ray Elbe, who is a BJJ Brown Belt under Juliano Prado ( Lotus Club Black Belt) and the head Muay Thai trainer is Orono Por Muang Ubon who is ranked by many experts as the best p4p Muay Thai fighter EVER.

I'll try my best to keep this training log updated.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds pretty instense. What kind of exercises you doing with the Caveman training?

And that's awesome about Thailand, good luck with that. I'm still saving money to go next year, but who knows if that will be a reality or not. I'll be going to Tiger I think. Take a lot of pictures so I can be jealous.

m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50) m189 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good stuff man. i wish i wasnt bulking up, im training in NJ this summer some im trying to put on as much weight as possible (and strength) before i lose it all and get my ass kicked haha. can you tell me a little bit about the 5X5 and the caveman training? ima look it up, as well. Good luck with Thailand btw!
    One reaps what they sow. Though the wicked may seem to prevail, the righteous one will be content in the work he has done to ensure those he touches were treated with the worth that every being has the right to receive.

I rep back.

4000 Cals, 17 pound/8 weeks and goin'.

phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for reading my log. I'll keep it update with pics, just not bodyshots. nothing to see here. Haha.

My "caveman" training looks a little like this:

Round 1 (Push)

Regular Pushups 1 minute
    Plyometric Pushups 1 minute
    Hand Switch On a Medicine ball 1 minute
    Positioning on a heavy bag ( for bjj, wrestling ) with ground and pound 1 minute
    Regular Flat Benchpress 1 minute

Round 2 ( Pull )
    Pullups
    Rope Climb
    Seated Rowing
    Lat Pull Downs
    Jumping Pullups

Round 3 (Cardio)

1 minute eliptical
    1 minute bike ( 70 rpm + ) ( I make sure the intensity is high enough so that I can barely keep it at 70)
    1 minute rowing machine
    1 minute bike ( 75 rpm+)
    1 minute treadmill uphill run ( Incline set to full, speed is at whatever you can jog at)

Round 4 ( mixed strength / wrestling conditiong )

Arnold Press
    Dumbbell / Kettlebell swings ( whatever you have at your gym )
    Jab,Cross combo with head movement and sprawls
    positioning on heavy bag with elbows
    bear crawl . ( crawling on all fours )

Round 5
    1 minute eliptical
    1 minute bike ( 70 rpm + ) ( I make sure the intensity is high enough so that I can barely keep it at 70)
    1 minute rowing machine
    1 minute bike ( 75 rpm+)
    1 minute treadmill uphill run ( Incline set to full, speed is at whatever you can jog at)

If you choose to do this, please don't let your heart rate drop or take too long of a rest between rounds as that nullifies the purpose of this sort of workout.

Good luck guys!

Sunday is Yoga day. Two sessions , morning and evening. I hate not being flexible.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Subscribed
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

Sawasdee all.

Pretty much been doing the same training since I last updated. Its really a grind, mentally its very dull and emotionally draining cause I don't feel like talking, walking or really doing anything besides eating/watching MMA/working for www.fightingfarang.com . So yeah...this is my chosen career path.

Enjoying it so far. Only 2.5 weeks till Thailand so pretty psyched about that. Will be doing a video blog from there every week, hopefully you'll see the occaisional MMA celeb pop up in there such as Ray Elbe, Phil Baroni or Mike Swick.

drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    holy frigging **** dude. Orono por Muangubon was taught by my teacher!!!

dude was a ****ing beast of a pressure fighter back in the day!

tell him everyone at shor chana in england says hi!
    dont be bitchin about somebody not being a mexican while ignoring someone who isnt irish.

Sure bro. Anything else? You need anything from Thailand to be mailed to you? Cheap shorts or gear, let me know. ( no profit, just wanna help )

Training is mentally the hardest thing for me, not hard in the sense that I don't do it, just hard in the sense that its all I do. Looking for stuff to distract me lately in between sessions. Perhaps even a female, we'll see what develops.

Nothing interupts training though. Right now its only condition...but the insane, painful kind as you can see above. In two weeks it'll be an entire day of MMA/Jiujitsu/Muay Thai/Yoga/Running MADNESS!

This is what I want to do with my life. Thanks to everyone who is following.

Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sup dude

how much do they usually charge for muay thai shorts over there?

Im gonna stock up on shorts once I get there for sure

The camps are usually 800-1200 baht, overpriced imo. The stores are usually cheaper, lower quality..but can you beat 500 baht for two?

www.xe.com/ucc = currency converter

When are you getting here btw?

ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ryan6966 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey dude good luck
    i'll be following
    Fav fighters
    Eddie Bravo
    BJPenn
    Clay Guida
    Urijah Faber
    Javi Vasquez
    Doug Marshall
    Paulo Filho

MY BB'ING/CARDIO LOG
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118416571

Overtrained out of my mind...can't sleep at night...but my resting heart rate is 40.

WATCHOOO KNOW ABOUT THATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? (sorry)

Seriously very happy with my heart rate and conditioning right now. I think I'm going to fight sooner based on conditioning alone. I feel ready to go 100% intensity for 5 rounds .

Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by phalnax View Post
    The camps are usually 800-1200 baht, overpriced imo. The stores are usually cheaper, lower quality..but can you beat 500 baht for two?

www.xe.com/ucc = currency converter

When are you getting here btw?
    landing in 2 months

gonna see how my body reacts to that much training in the next weeks, took 2 weeks off from work and going to train MT every day, going to all the classes in the schedule

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
    landing in 2 months

gonna see how my body reacts to that much training in the next weeks, took 2 weeks off from work and going to train MT every day, going to all the classes in the schedule
    When are you gonna do that ?
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

No feedback on the really low heart rate. Oh well. Haha.

I'll be taking video/pic requests for anything specific you guys want, like Muay Thai shorts, camps in Phuket, wimenz etc.

What does your diet look like ?
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    What does your diet look like ?
    Firstly, I am naturally 175-180 but with adjustments to my diet I now walk around at 165 and cut to 155 for MMA fights. ( not fought at 155 yet but practiced the cut with coaches 3 times and its been fine )

Diet:

Breakfast : 5 boiled eggs (whole) Black Pepper and a spoon of melted Sunflower Oil butter ( high in Omega 3's and zero cholesterol )
    Carb source if desired : Oatmeal w/bananas OR just a banana OR a protein bar ( low carb variety )
    Water ( 1.5 liters )/Iced Tea (homemade,stevia )

Postworkout :
    Simple carbs : Banana/fresh fruit juice
    Sometimes a protein shake.

Lunch:
    Two grilled chicken breasts.
    Grilled vegetables ( cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, carrots )
    Water/ Iced Tea ( homemade with stevia or another aritficial sweetener )

Postworkout:
    Water/Simple Carbs maybe bananas and ice in the blender

Dinner:
    Two grilled chicken breasts.
    grilled veggies.
    some fruit.
    carbs including and limited to natural granola bars, nuts

For those panicky about carbs, just eat according to however carb depleted you feel. I know thats a vague statement but most people who train full-time most likely know what I'm talking about.

Principles of nutrition for me :

No dairy. ( lactose intolerant )
    No bread. ( I just find better carb sources elsewhere)
    Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup.
    No sodas.
    No artificially sweetened juice.
    Size of meals = breakfast > lunch > dinner

Oh and all the people criticizing this diet, please understand, its what works for me. If it doesn't for you, don't get pissed off. I have a weird-looking, tall body that isn't aesthetically pleasing. This thread is about beating people up ( getting beaten up in the process ).
    Last edited by phalnax; 05-23-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    When are you gonna do that ?
    next 2 weeks

No feedback on the really low heart rate. Oh well. Haha.

I'll be taking video/pic requests for anything specific you guys want, like Muay Thai shorts, camps in Phuket, wimenz etc.
    in 4 wimenz!

next 2 weeks
    Good We shall see each others then
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

Thanks for following guys. You can see my latest blog entry at www.fightingfarang.com . Its not really about training but mostly about life.

Still doing two a days. Less than 14 days till Thailand, do you guys want pictures of the airport and me getting to camp etc? Haha I'm just getting feedback for the website.

Let me know.

Thanks for following guys. You can see my latest blog entry at www.fightingfarang.com . Its not really about training but mostly about life.

Still doing two a days. Less than 14 days till Thailand, do you guys want pictures of the airport and me getting to camp etc? Haha I'm just getting feedback for the website.

Let me know.
    make a video blog, I always enjoy video blogs!

Will defo be doing a video blog. Will be doing some cheap shopping at the airport too...I need a camera..haha!
    Last edited by phalnax; 05-26-2009 at 02:56 AM.

Well I just did an interview with Mark Munoz...its over at www.fightingfarang.com

Training has pretty much been constant. I leave for Thailand is six days so I'm really excited. I arrive in Thailand on a Sunday and training starts 7 am monday morning.

Schedule is looking like this :

7-8 Yoga
    8-9 Run + Protein Shake Break
    9-11 Submission Grappling

-----Break-----(lunch+sleep)

3-4 Run + Protein Shake
    4-6:15 MMA ( boxing,muay thai,sparring, wrestling)
    6:15 till finish. Strength and Conditioning

I should be fighting my third pro Muay Thai fight three weeks after arriving. Thank you for following.

Good luck with your MT fight. Will you be filming it?

btw, how long did you train before having your first fight? Did you jump straight to pro or had a few smokers first?

Good luck with your MT fight. Will you be filming it?

btw, how long did you train before having your first fight? Did you jump straight to pro or had a few smokers first?
    All fights in Thailand are pro...haha. I didn't have any smokers before my first fight.

I have been training extreme cardio/crossfit stuff for two years to get fit after a back injury that cause me to gain a lot of weight. I went to Thailand the first time and picked up stuff really fast because I had the conditioning down and I was willing to accept whatever I was instructed to do.

So essentially I had roughly 4 months of Muay Thai, 1 year of boxing and 2 years of 6 days a week conditioning and fitness.

CONDITIONING IS THE KEY! Technique can be picked up by anyone but the hard work required for conditioning is both physically and mentally grueling and if you can do that, chances are you'll end up a decent fighter.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'll need to let me know how good the internet is at Tiger. If I go there next year I'll probably have to go while taking online classes.

Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    You'll need to let me know how good the internet is at Tiger. If I go there next year I'll probably have to go while taking online classes.
    What do you online classes involve? Video streaming of some sort or what? Let me know.

What do you online classes involve? Video streaming of some sort or what? Let me know.
    I don't think it will be anything that fancy. Just basic stuff. Supposedly their internet is supposed to be good, but I know the fightpassport guy said he had problems with it where he couldn't connect from his room. I think he said they were working on it though. I guess I wouldn't mind sitting out in the lounge by the cafe and doing schoolwork though.

so you went straight to a pro fight after 4 months of MT... props to that. How was your shin conditionning? I cringe every time my kicks get blocked, even at light sparring man... you must have great pain toleration