tony-raymondo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tony-raymondo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tony-raymondo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I'm chubby. Should I cut (diet) first, then bulk? Or start lifting now.

Thanks for reading my question.

I'm new to bodybuilding and i'm sorry if i'm asking an obvious question.

I've got a BMI of 26.83 and i'm counting (cutting) calories.
    I've lost 10 pounds, I want to lose about 20 more.

My initial goal was to get lean, then start bulking.

But is this wise? Should I start lifting immediately?

Thanks!

RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuLe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tony-raymondo View Post
    Thanks for reading my question.

I'm new to bodybuilding and i'm sorry if i'm asking an obvious question.

I've got a BMI of 26.83 and i'm counting (cutting) calories.
    I've lost 10 pounds, I want to lose about 20 more.

My initial goal was to get lean, then start bulking.

But is this wise? Should I start lifting immediately?

Thanks!
    Get in the gym. Get a simple routine where your lifting weights 3 days a week. Start cardio as well. Do around 3 cardio sessions each week. Getting familiar with the weight room and finding a good routine that you like will only help you.. there is no reason to cut first then lift if your new. Good luck man!

tony-raymondo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tony-raymondo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tony-raymondo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RuLe View Post
    Get in the gym. Get a simple routine where your lifting weights 3 days a week. Start cardio as well. Do around 3 cardio sessions each week. Getting familiar with the weight room and finding a good routine that you like will only help you.. there is no reason to cut first then lift if your new. Good luck man!
    Could i lift more than 3 days a week and make a significant difference?

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your diet is going to be the key here. Get your diet in check and do what RuLe suggested and you'll be good.

thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebeastinside is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lift 3 days a week, eat at a ***slight*** deficit, do cardio. Since your new you'l probably get stronger and lose fat at the same time.

that what was suggested to me and thus far its worked amazingly

Director:Team Ground Zero grim83's Avatar
    grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000) grim83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    start lifting, it burns calories and every ounce of muscle you put on will increase your metabolism. as the other guys have said lift 3x a week, do cardio, and diet. as for your lifting find a good basic heavy program that trains the whole body 3x a week. you may like my routine here
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118913271
    my thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=11891327
    My new site http://sites.google.com/site/grim83/

It isn't that they cant see the solution.
    It is that they cant see the problem.
    -G.K. Chesterton

No training session can be wasted
    by a man who is determined to succeed.
    -Brooks Kubik