girlymissjulie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need help consuming enough calories on Dairy/Gluten Free diet

I just started lifting heavy and eating completely clean a couple of weeks ago and am finding out first hand how important it is to consume enough calories while you're trying to build muscle because the last few days, especially, I am finding myself dizzy and weak most of the day. I am supposed to be consuming between 1500-2000 calories a day, but am having a hard time just getting over 1000 (most days I average around 750-850). I have Celiac disease, so I can't eat anything with gluten (wheat, barley, rye) and one of the lovely side effects of Celiac is that I can not eat anything dairy either. This makes it so difficult to find foods to eat all day because gluten and milk is in EVERYTHING. I eat fruits and veggies throughout the day, but there just isn't a huge amount of calories in them. My typical daily food intake would be:

Breakfast - 1 cup of dry corn Chex & a banana or 3 scrambled eggs (no milk) w/veggies
    snack - banana or grapes or some other kind of fruit
    Lunch - dry sandwich with 2 pieces of tapioca bread and gluten free turkey
    snack - fruit or veggies
    Dinner - grilled chicken or fish with a big serving of cooked veggies
    snack - I miss this one a lot; I have a hard time forcing myself to eat anything else by the end of the day....sometimes I fill it in with about 1/2 cup dairy & gluten free organic "ice cream" mmmm!

That's pretty much it for my blah daily diet. There's not even a whole lot of junk food I could even cheat with to consume enough calories (not that I would want to - have completely lost my taste for that kind of food). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to add A LOT more clean dairy/gluten free calories to my diet??

lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by girlymissjulie View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to add A LOT more clean dairy/gluten free calories to my diet??
    Nuts? Almonds, cashews, pecans, etc?
    Boxing Promoter, keystonebox.com

IG/Twitter/Snap: lorinelise8 (stalk away)