SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lipid Profile Question

Hey everyone, I'm 22 years old and just had my first lipid profile done at work the other day and the results are sort of worrying me...Are these levels bad?

Total Cholesterol-176 MG/DL
    Triglycerides-51 MG/DL
    HDL-39 MG/DL
    LDL-127 MG/DL

Does the great difference between my triglycerides and LDL's mean anything? According to the hospital my HDL's are low and my LDL's are high. Anyone have any advice? How can I boost my HDL's? Thanks for all the help.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They aren't bad or worrisome, but you should take steps to decrease your LDL. It's tough to do anything to bring up HDL outside of exercising.

These were 12 hour fasting results right?

timjones0674 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SCH983 View Post
    Does the great difference between my triglycerides and LDL's mean anything? According to the hospital my HDL's are low and my LDL's are high. Anyone have any advice? How can I boost my HDL's? Thanks for all the help.
    Your glycerides/ldl's are fine... If you want to work on something, however, work on that LDL / HDL ratio as is shows your diet probably needs some work. Ideally, you want HDL's to be higher than your LDL's... (2x in a perfect world) Meaning, you might want to back away from those cheesy fries from time to time...

SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCH983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hehe man, I wish I was eating cheese fries. I thought I was eating clean, lots of good fats and such. I'll definitely try introducing some more cardio to my routine.

ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey everyone, I'm 22 years old and just had my first lipid profile done at work the other day and the results are sort of worrying me...Are these levels bad?

Triglycerides-51 MG/DL
    HDL-39 MG/DL
    LDL-127 MG/DL

Normal HDL for me is around 40, mine's 24! My triglycerides are extremely high as well. LDL is very low as is total Cholesterol. Apparently, it's not fat that can cause this, but the over consumption of High Fructose Corn Syrup, found in most foods. I was told to drastically lower carbs especially from HFCS and really up the cardio. I am supposed to go back to see how that goes along with losing 20 lbs at least!

TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000)

Triglycerides-51 MG/DL
    HDL-39 MG/DL
    LDL-127 MG/DL

not bad overall, but add some raw olive oil to bring up the HDL. excercise also brings it up, but you have that covered. the olive will also bring down the LDL
    At my house, we listen to both kinds of music: Led and Zeppelin!
    How do you build muscle like Bert Landry?

TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by timjones0674 View Post
    Your glycerides/ldl's are fine... If you want to work on something, however, work on that LDL / HDL ratio as is shows your diet probably needs some work. Ideally, you want HDL's to be higher than your LDL's... (2x in a perfect world) Meaning, you might want to back away from those cheesy fries from time to time...
    HDL to LDL is supposed to be 1:2 not the other way around
    At my house, we listen to both kinds of music: Led and Zeppelin!
    How do you build muscle like Bert Landry?

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TDetroit View Post
    HDL to LDL is supposed to be 1:2 not the other way around
    thats what I was thinking
    I don't think I have ever heard of the opposite

timjones0674 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ntallyfl View Post
    Apparently, it's not fat that can cause this, but the over consumption of High Fructose Corn Syrup, found in most foods. I was told to drastically lower carbs especially from HFCS and really up the cardio. I am supposed to go back to see how that goes along with losing 20 lbs at least!
    Dont believe this crap about HFCS being unhealthy. HFCS is nearly identical in structure to sucrose (55%-45% versus 50%-50%), and countless studies have been done on its safety profile. And all say the same thing... HFCS is not the problem... Too much sugar in general is the problem...

Also, too much cardio will not make you live longer simply because energy exertion by itself is life limiting... Also, the only effect that cardio will have on cholesterol is the management of inflammation which is most likely caused by something as simple as a latent tooth infection (or eating rancid foods/oils). Meaning, if all you want is to manage your cholesterol, then do 20 minutes of cardio and take an asprin... Personally, I would just take some flaxseed oil and/or fish oil and not worry about it..

RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Triglycerides-51 MG/DL
    HDL-39 MG/DL
    LDL-127 MG/DL

I take Omega-3 capsules daily and it seems to have had some effect.

jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmac66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ask the medical provider who ordered the labs

The best place to get an answer to your question is from the medical provider that ordered the test; assuming the lab was fasted they should discuss this with you:

-Ratio of total Chol over HDL should be below 4.5
    -New guidelines for LDL : <100 unless you're diabetic or have a history of heart attack / stroke, then goal is <70
    -Tri's should be below 150

Have a sit-down with your medical provider to discuss the results. The lifestyle you should be following, including nutritionally, if you're looking to improve your physique works perfectly with the goal of improving your cholestrol profile.
    "I won't let go
    of that youthful soul
    despite body and mind
    my youth will never die..."

Creed

kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    r u smoking? What supplements, over the counter drugs or other drugs are u taking? Make a list. Any trans fat foods? no adviice can be given unless you sincerely answer all these Q.