Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My diet plan for cut need help

I guess i will start a cut.... Im at 230 trying to hit 190.. im really trying to loose BF% i would like to be 230 SOLID.

I will be eating oatmeal. chciken, tuna, steak, fish. for my protein/meats. and whey shakes .. what are some good carbs to throw in..

1.Morning
    oatmeal with 1 scoop of whey in it. glass of milk

Workout
    2. post work oiut Shake whey w/ 1 tbl pb

3.lunch will prolly a shake or chicken

4. 2 cans of tuna on some whole bread

5. shake with pb

PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Walker88 View Post
    I guess i will start a cut.... Im at 230 trying to hit 190.. im really trying to loose BF% i would like to be 230 SOLID.

I will be eating oatmeal. chciken, tuna, steak, fish. for my protein/meats. and whey shakes .. what are some good carbs to throw in..

1.Morning

Workout

5. shake with pb
    Sounds like a good kickoff point dude! The only thing I would say is hold the PB on the PWO shake, I would put maybe some simple carbs in place of it. PB will slow the digestion of whey and a simple carb will quicken it up. Do you have a breakdown of the macro's you'll be eating daily?
    A year from now, you’ll wish you started today.

Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Walker88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PoGo86 View Post
    Sounds like a good kickoff point dude! The only thing I would say is hold the PB on the PWO shake, I would put maybe some simple carbs in place of it. PB will slow the digestion of whey and a simple carb will quicken it up. Do you have a breakdown of the macro's you'll be eating daily?
    no i do not... I get confused.. How much should i take in a day??

Im thinkin about cuting the pb out of the diet period.. once i eat it i cant stop

Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was near your weight when i started cutting and im down to 207 now and pretty lean.

Im on about 2200 calories a day, heres an example of what i eat a day:

1 - 40 grams oats, milk, berries
    2 - whey shake with water
    3 - 6 egg whites, 1 piece of wholemeal bread, tsp cottage cheese
    4 - chicken breast, veges, 30 grams rice, cup of brocoli
    5 - whey shake with milk
    6 - fish, rice, veges

Seems to be working for me and your about the same weight as me when i first started.
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )

PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no i do not... I get confused.. How much should i take in a day??

Im thinkin about cuting the pb out of the diet period.. once i eat it i cant stop
    No need to cut out the PB bro, it tastes good and its GREAT for you. Just make sure it's Natural PB. Look at the ingredients, I check and make sure it's only peanuts and salt in there. They are good fats for your body, make sure 20% of your diet is fat. Just keep track of EVERYTHING you eat, measure everything out and keep track of it on paper. When you see everything you eat, you can cut out the things you dont need. And you should be eating 1 gram of protein for each pound of body weight. I will try and find a link to a site that I found pretty helpful and breaks down everything pretty easily.

HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i am also on a cutting if you're 230 you my same weight... dude i count calories , and this is what I do:

breakfast= oatmeal + banana + 1 slice of whey breaf
    snack 1= almonds + protein shake
    lunch = chicken breast/fish + corn + veggies
    snack 2= 2 apples
    diner= beans/ lentils + turkey

dude i recommend you no red meat, a glass of milk every other day not everyday and no fat on it of course, add light mayo to ur meals nomore than 3 times per week, and dude have 2 slacking meals per week! lift light weights 3 times per week , and cardio 5 days per week ( 1 hour of 4 diferent types of cardio) . I've lost 20 lbs in a month so far by doing this
    no excuses

HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHH_Batista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i forgot i eat 1750-1850 cals per day !! no more bro!! also have some eggs whites
    no excuses

Originally Posted by HHH_Batista View Post
    i am also on a cutting if you're 230 you my same weight... dude i count calories , and this is what I do:

snack 2= 2 apples

dude i recommend you no red meat, a glass of milk every other day not everyday and no fat on it of course, add light mayo to ur meals nomore than 3 times per week, and dude have 2 slacking meals per week! lift light weights 3 times per week , and cardio 5 days per week ( 1 hour of 4 diferent types of cardio) . I've lost 20 lbs in a month so far by doing this

why lift light?? i lift heavy im try to maintain what muscle i have right now as i cut.. so i dont loose to much.. I want to be Big Solid,, not to skiny.. my biggest thing is my stumach. Im be doing crunches and sit ups so it tightens my stumach up, and keeps it from being to flabby when im on a cut.. and when i start geting low in BF i might be able to see results quicker..

CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500) CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500) CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500) CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500) CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500) CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500) CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500) CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500) CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500) CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500) CoLDddd is not very helpful. (-500)

1.Morning

Workout

5. shake with pb
    You're in the exact same thing as me... I've already lost 15+ Just know it takes time and progress is progress.

Best of luck man
    -471478 point(s) total

Quest to green

Originally Posted by CoLDddd View Post
    You're in the exact same thing as me... I've already lost 15+ Just know it takes time and progress is progress.

Best of luck man
    I have cut before.. i got to 218.. then i couldnt get no lower... but i injured my shoulder and took some time off, then hit it hard again, and got shift changed at work. and just cant seem to get back in the groove.. but im laid off so i started goin back on sunday.. i took today off for a rest day and to recover.. I will take some starter pics...

snack 2= 2 apples

Some OK advice here. But some not so good. Are you sure that is enough calories?Dosent look like enough, but if they are big portions maybe. And red meat is fine, you can have it although it may not be suggested because of the saturated fat it is loaded with protein and helps test levels. Glass of fat free milk every day is fine as long as it fits in your macro's. Mayo is not necessary. Slacking meals (cheat meals) are definetley NOT NEEDED, while they are not the worst thing in the world, not more than one is recommended, instead of cheat meals, consider having a REFEED DAY! And whatever you do, DONT LIFT LIGHT. Seriousley, lify heavy, as much as you can. Lifting light really serves no purpose, lift HEAVY and lift as often as possible. While cardio is good for fat loss, if you want to maintain muscle (which he is trying to do) you need to list just as often, if not more often as cardio. And 20lbs a month is way too much, if it is your first month and you are heavy to begin with, it is understandable. But anything around 20lbs a month after month 1 is too much and is not all fat loss, it will be alot of muscle loss. Aim for 1-2lbs a week, unless you are really big, then 3-4lbs a week can be acceptable.

why lift light?? i lift heavy im try to maintain what muscle i have right now as i cut.. so i dont loose to much.. I want to be Big Solid,, not to skiny.. my biggest thing is my stumach. Im be doing crunches and sit ups so it tightens my stumach up, and keeps it from being to flabby when im on a cut.. and when i start geting low in BF i might be able to see results quicker..
    Yes, lift heavy. And while you cannot target weight loss in one specific area (ex. the stomach or chest) because weight will come off in layers and not in one specific area, still workout your abs because when you do lose the fat, your abs will show through. If you don't work them out now, it will take twice as long later after you lose the fat.

And I found the link to the BMR and Macro's thing I told you that breaks it down and shows you how to do all that, but I will PM it to you because it is from another forum and I don't know if this forum wants other forum's URL posted here.

Some OK advice here. But some not so good. Are you sure that is enough calories?Dosent look like enough, but if they are big portions maybe. And red meat is fine, you can have it although it may not be suggested because of the saturated fat it is loaded with protein and helps test levels. Glass of fat free milk every day is fine as long as it fits in your macro's. Mayo is not necessary. Slacking meals (cheat meals) are definetley NOT NEEDED, while they are not the worst thing in the world, not more than one is recommended, instead of cheat meals, consider having a REFEED DAY! And whatever you do, DONT LIFT LIGHT. Seriousley, lify heavy, as much as you can. Lifting light really serves no purpose, lift HEAVY and lift as often as possible. While cardio is good for fat loss, if you want to maintain muscle (which he is trying to do) you need to list just as often, if not more often as cardio. And 20lbs a month is way too much, if it is your first month and you are heavy to begin with, it is understandable. But anything around 20lbs a month after month 1 is too much and is not all fat loss, it will be alot of muscle loss. Aim for 1-2lbs a week, unless you are really big, then 3-4lbs a week can be acceptable.

Yes, lift heavy. And while you cannot target weight loss in one specific area (ex. the stomach or chest) because weight will come off in layers and not in one specific area, still workout your abs because when you do lose the fat, your abs will show through. If you don't work them out now, it will take twice as long later after you lose the fat.

And I found the link to the BMR and Macro's thing I told you that breaks it down and shows you how to do all that, but I will PM it to you because it is from another forum and I don't know if this forum wants other forum's URL posted here.
    Well i lift heavy, and i do abs.. so like you said when i start loosing bf they will start to show sooner .. and i feel better when i know i worked them out.. So far as my diet it looks good then?? im 230.. body fat im not sure dont have a messure thing to find out.. i would like to be down to around 10% by sept?? maybe that might be asking alot

Well i lift heavy, and i do abs.. so like you said when i start loosing bf they will start to show sooner .. and i feel better when i know i worked them out.. So far as my diet it looks good then?? im 230.. body fat im not sure dont have a messure thing to find out.. i would like to be down to around 10% by sept?? maybe that might be asking alot
    I don't think it's quite there. There is no reason to have that many shakes. Actually, you dont need protein shakes at all if you get enough protein from whole foods. If you have eggs, oatmeal, and bread in the morning, you will not need a shake. Try and get protein from whole foods. The shakes will not keep you full for very long. You also need to have carbs and fats in the diet (which you have fats now due to the PB). Try something like this, this is just a quick write up:

Meal 1 - eggs, whole wheat bread, oatmeal (with some whey if you want/needed)
    Meal 2 - whole wheat pasta, turkey (pre workout)
    Meal 3 - chicken, brown rice, whole wheat bread, whey shake (Post workout meal)
    Meal 4 - Tuna, celery, cucumber
    Meal 5 - Chicken, broccoli, salad
    Meal 6 - Casein protein (before bed)

That is just a simple breakdown, somewhat similar to what I have daily, but not exactly. See, if you have only shakes, you will not feel full, and your body will not get the right nutrition it needs. You run the risk of actually losing muscle, and retaining fat because your body will hold on to fat because it dosent know when it will get more nutrients. Check your PM's and read up on that article, I know it is long but it is very helpful.

Edit: I usually use this site to get an estimate of my body fat %: http://www.healthcentral.com/cholest...-2774-143.html

I don't think it's quite there. There is no reason to have that many shakes. Actually, you dont need protein shakes at all if you get enough protein from whole foods. If you have eggs, oatmeal, and bread in the morning, you will not need a shake. Try and get protein from whole foods. The shakes will not keep you full for very long. You also need to have carbs and fats in the diet (which you have fats now due to the PB). Try something like this, this is just a quick write up:

Meal 1 - eggs, whole wheat bread, oatmeal (with some whey if you want/needed)
    Meal 2 - whole wheat pasta, turkey (pre workout)
    Meal 3 - chicken, brown rice, whole wheat bread, whey shake (Post workout meal)
    Meal 4 - Tuna, celery, cucumber
    Meal 5 - Chicken, broccoli, salad
    Meal 6 - Casein protein (before bed)

That is just a simple breakdown, somewhat similar to what I have daily, but not exactly. See, if you have only shakes, you will not feel full, and your body will not get the right nutrition it needs. You run the risk of actually losing muscle, and retaining fat because your body will hold on to fat because it dosent know when it will get more nutrients. Check your PM's and read up on that article, I know it is long but it is very helpful.

Edit: I usually use this site to get an estimate of my body fat %: http://www.healthcentral.com/cholest...-2774-143.html
    Thanks for that article... Im reading it now.. But i was thinkin i been laid off since may 1's till bout july. really dont have money for any grocery shopping right now... for like some chicken intill we get money on our bridge card.. So intill then can i eat alot of tuna? Oh yea... Can i eat cheese???? cause i have been Eating ALOT of it latley
    Last edited by Walker88; 06-17-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks for that article... Im reading it now.. But i was thinkin i been laid off since may 1's till bout july. really dont have money for any grocery shopping right now... for like some chicken intill we get money on our bridge card.. So intill then can i eat alot of tuna? Oh yea... Can i eat cheese???? cause i have been Eating ALOT of it latley
    bump

TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheAntar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump
    Check cheese on fitday.com -- it isn't very good for you. VERY calorie dense.

Except for cottage cheese. What I've started doing is putting cottage cheese in my eggs (omelette or scrambled) and I've also made a few other cheesy meals. Here's what I did:

Put 1 cup of cottage cheese in a frying pan. Turn heat to medium and simmer. In about 10 minutes (stir regularly, scrape the hardening cheese and stir it back in) it will turn into a melted mozza-type cheese with lots of flavour. Now put it on things (say you love cheese in your tuna sandwich? I've made Quesadillas with cottage cheese and whole wheat tortilla, and salsa -- all very easy to fit in a meal and filling and tasty), great source of protein, casein etc...

Have fun with cottage cheese. I'd steer clear of the cheddar though.

apply for welfare
    no excuses

apply for welfare
    here is some pics i took... what you think my bf is??

cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You need more green-vegetables in your diet (brocoli, green cabbage, lettuce, etc) and i fruits low in glycemic index, like apples and oranges. For example you need at least green vegetables for lunch as carbohydrate source.

cyclistgod

1.Morning

Workout

5. shake with pb

Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_Fella is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bump
    Everything you need to know about your diet is in the stickies, plus what people have offered in this thread. Go check them out
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )