deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

OV35 "Check out what I bought .............. like I really needed more stuff" thread

Post up some pics of your recent purchases, gifts, or trades.

I've been putting together a nice 6-point, chrome, socket set.

I started with these Olsa Tools 3-row, magnetic, socket trays. The green trays hold SAE sockets. Black trays hold metric sockets.

The big trays hold 1/2" drive, middle size hold 3/8" drive, and small trays hold 1/4" drive. Holes are oversized to accommodate impact sockets.

First row is standard length sockets, middle row is semi-deep sockets, and back row is deep sockets.

It has been a little more challenging than I thought that it would be to find all of the sizes.

Set is primarily made up of GearWrench (Taiwan) sockets. Next would be Tekton (Taiwan), followed by Snap On (USA), and Koken (Japan). There are a couple of Craftsman (Taiwan) and a few Chinese sockets.

I bought Snap On for most of the hard-to-find sizes on the ends of the rows and many of the semi-deep sockets.

I'm not aware of any 1/2" drive, 6 point, semi-deep, sockets, so that is why there are two empty rows.

[]---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice buy, Greggo. You will need those to assemble more gym equipment
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Love tools and look for most any excuse to buy them. With my son racing now, it has gone kinda nuts

Scales and bump steer gauges. (all for car setup)

But I finally broke down and bought some good rolling tool carriers. The Milwaukee system is nice, but the Dewalt drawer units are better. I need to pack full set of tools with us each race, and these modular units are great and they each go on a rolling cart base. Makes loading and unloading out of the trailer very easy.

I have converted a full set to these. Metric and standard 1/4 3/8 1/2 full sockets and drives. 2-sets box wrenches std and metric. Full set of gear wrenches std and metric, and bunch of other various hand tool, and electrical equip. Been a fun thing for me to put together.

@mark1t. I should probably be buying gym equip too But kind of losing myself in racing lately. For us to afford to run nationally, I am doing as much as I can. Saving 3000-4000/ weekend adds up when doing all of own support. Plus, I dont think I would have it any other way. My wife has even help 'pit' for us. Life is good. But missing quite a few workouts lately....

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice looking gear ID.

Racers are some of the nicest people that I have run across.

I raced MX back in the 90's. If something broke on a bike, others would give you the part if they had it. I've seen guys take parts off of their own bike and loan it to their friends, just so that friend could race that day.

I really enjoyed that time, doing something that was fun and spending time with like-minded individuals.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Post up some pics of your recent purchases, gifts, or trades.

I've been putting together a nice 6-point, chrome, socket set.

I started with these Olsa Tools 3-row, magnetic, socket trays. The green trays hold SAE sockets. Black trays hold metric sockets.

The big trays hold 1/2" drive, middle size hold 3/8" drive, and small trays hold 1/4" drive. Holes are oversized to accommodate impact sockets.

First row is standard length sockets, middle row is semi-deep sockets, and back row is deep sockets.

It has been a little more challenging than I thought that it would be to find all of the sizes.

Set is primarily made up of GearWrench (Taiwan) sockets. Next would be Tekton (Taiwan), followed by Snap On (USA), and Koken (Japan). There are a couple of Craftsman (Taiwan) and a few Chinese sockets.

I bought Snap On for most of the hard-to-find sizes on the ends of the rows and many of the semi-deep sockets.

I'm not aware of any 1/2" drive, 6 point, semi-deep, sockets, so that is why there are two empty rows.

Nice socket sets.

I finally found that 10mm that I've been looking for for quite some time. As well as the 3/8 ratchet.

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    I finally found that 10mm that I've been looking for for quite some time. As well as the 3/8 ratchet.
    LOL, spray sum Brakleen on it Charles, she'll clean right up!

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Nice socket sets.

That is too funny! But also close to home. I almost left a 7/16 box wrench on my sons front brake bleader. We bleed the brakes about every 4 times out. Was in a hurry and after the last one, put the clam back on with the wrench still attached. Good thing I noticed the wrench was missing in the tool box. Another good reason to stay organized!

Packup up last night and headed off to Georgia for two days of fun. Our first 'fun' track days of the year and it will be first time I get to drive. My sons race car in front and our 2-eleven in the rear. My son is really excited for me to drive his car. So his car has a custom molded seat for him. So we removed it and I built up a supportive seat out of foam for me. Not going to push it hard but will get to go spin a few laps in it at least!

Doing a lot of these days to keep our racing budget in check. We needed a scale platen setup for his car. It is a platform that you can level perfectly and the scales recess flush into the platform. You use it to set the car up making alignment, camber, castor and ride ht adjustments at the track. Since they are such niche items, there is almost no competition and hence, nothing 'cheap'. Most setups are around 3500 not including the scales. So I had some extra cabinet plywood and built up these platforms. I found some harbor freight ramps and designed the setup around it.

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be