Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'6", 253 lbs
    zounette_99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit zounette_99's BodySpace

Using DNP as a weight loss tool

Hey guys,

My goal is to lose about 140 lbs within 12 months. I am being very realistic about it, I have been eating healthy and doing cardio at the gym 3-4 times a week for the past 3 weeks now. I am in no way looking for any short cuts but, with a slow metabolism that results from a long family history of obesity, a boost would be very much welcome. I dont believe in diet pills and have never used any, but I learned about DNP and its biochemical properties in my Molecular cell biology class, how it was used as a dieting tool in the 30's and how got banned because of the amount of deaths caused by overdoses. That being said, I was still interested finding out more and have been researching it for the past week online. Everything I've read so far seems to indicate that it can be used safely BUT ONLY if using the proper dosage.

So, I am ready to give it a try but I still have many questions that havent been answered; Where does one get DNP? If you purchase it online, is it safe to assume that those caps contain the indicated dosage? If not, then where would it be safe to get some? Is there anything else that would give me the same results without being as potentially dangerous? These questions are the first ones that I need answered before continuing on and I would really appreciate it if I could hear from people who have successfully and safely been using DNP for an adequate period of time. Thank you!

Stats: 5'10", 168 lbs
    deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit deadpool9's BodySpace
    I really dont know if 140lbs in 12 months is a realistic goal. I am by no means trying to discourage you or put you down, but that would be over 10lbs a month, which may not be very healthy. But it would be better to know that up front as to not get discouraged and give up later on.

I would recommend you adjust your diet first and see where that takes you. You will most likely loose a lot of your weight very quickly to begin with, but it will slow down as you go.

I dont really know anything about DNP, but a lot of people on here use the EC stack as a tool when they start to plateau.
    You can read more about it here: http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack.htm

If you are not exercising, you should start a workout routine and exercise with weights at least 3x a week. This will help you build muscle, which will greatly aid with the fat loss, as your muscles will burn a lot of calories each day.

Stats: 6'1", 240 lbs
    shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shawnbellon has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit shawnbellon's BodySpace
    Its not worth messing with. I have seen what it can do for people in regards to fat loss and its not worth it. It is also very very dangerous. It is poison. It can cook your insides like a microwave. And I wouldnt even consider the long term effects of this product.
    Multiple record hold in the USPF and USPA. World champion & best lifter with the IPL. Held #1 ranking for masters raw 275 until retired. Best raw lifts at 255 lbs 755-460-755. Former columnist with Iron Man Magazine. Published in multiple periodicals including Powerlifting USA, Iron Man, Box Life and Powerlifter Today. Old and beat up.

www.shawnbellon.com
    www.rawpowerlifter.com
    www.rawpowertrainingsystems.com
    www.facebook.com/OfficialShawnBellon
    www.youtube.com/user/coachbellon

Originally Posted by shawnbellon View Post
    Its not worth messing with. I have seen what it can do for people in regards to fat loss and its not worth it. It is also very very dangerous. It is poison. It can cook your insides like a microwave. And I wouldnt even consider the long term effects of this product.
    Thank you both so much for your advice! That's what I've been hearing and getting the product has been a hassle every step of the way, which might have been warning signs to back off on the whole thing.

To deadpool9

I tend to always fall a little short on my goals which is why I set my mind to lose 140 lbs when I would really be happy with 100 lbs lol! I figure this way I'll strive for more without getting disappointed with less. I have changed my diet, not really dieting just eating lots of veggies, fruits and reduced fat stuff while also reducing my caloric intake and increasing the amount of times I eat throughout the day. As for exercise, I haven't moved on to the weights yet, kinda been sticking with lots of cardio right now because its the one that burns the most and I wanted to get through with it without the extra soreness of weight lifting. I was just curious about DNP but like shawnbellon said it seems a little too risky. Like I said before I dont really believe in diet pills but do any of you have any recommendations about any supplements that might help keep me on track?

deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) deadpool9 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Be sure to consume plenty of protein, buy whey protein to supplement your diet.
    Take a good multi-vitamin.
    Fish Oil and Green Tea extract will help as well.

When the losing gets really tough, try the EC stack I mentioned above.

Stats: 5'10", 202 lbs
    F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) F22-Raptor has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit F22-Raptor's BodySpace
    Side Effects:

Discomfort and sweating - This is the single most noticeable effect of DNP use, both by the user and those around him/her. Even in the winter, while indoors at ambient temperatures, one may expect his or her shirt to be completely soaked through with sweat. Those with jobs requiring formal or semi-formal apparel are advised to consider other means of fat loss (or a new job, if preferred). Other obvious considerations lie in the areas of social life, personal appearance, etc. and the user must prioritize.

Insomnia - Second in frequency of reports to sweating and discomfort is insomnia this may be at least partially attributed to discomfort. Possible means of countering this include such supplements as Valerian root or melatonin. Alternatively, one may deal with this via prescription or OTC sleep medications or GHB-A precursors. However, these may be addictive if used on a regular basis and if their use may be avoided, by all means abstain from using them.

Yellow bodily fluids - Some don't notice this, but others find that all of their bodily fluids take on a yellowish appearance. Urine is a darker yellow, and even semen and vaginal secretions may be affected. According to current knowledge, this is not known to be harmful in and of itself.

Muscle Soreness - This is yet another thing that may be minimized via cerebral function. Dan Duchaine has recommended using a weight such as to allow no fewer than 15 reps per set of any weight training workout judging from anecdotal reports and personal experience, this seems to be good advice. Low levels of ATP are a cause of muscle soreness in and of itself the additional factor of encumbered recovery mechanisms make extreme soreness (and if not careful, catabolism) quite possible.

Allergic Reactions ?€“ These are highly individualized but may be summarily discussed. Various reactions are common with DNP use, and approximately 10% of users will be extremely allergic to it. Allergic reactions can include hives, blisters, and/or inexplicable rashes. If you suffer any of these side effects, and they are extremely bothersome, it is the recommendation of the author to cease usage immediately. If so desired, another trial may be made at a later date with a lower dosage, but do not attempt to continue the drug cycle at that point.

Carbohydrate Cravings - To counter this, some methods will be touched on later. As with most diets, willpower is sometimes the single most important factor.

Overheating - There is no upper limit to DNP's body temperature increase, meaning that one may literally "cook from the inside" if they take too much. Dosage considerations will be given later, but even an overdose of 4-6 times the recommended dosage may be lethal. Much smaller overdoses may result in damage to the brain and/or other body systems.

Carcinogenesis - Phenols in general are reputed to be carcinogenic. Although 2,4-dinitrophenol has never been implicated in a cancer diagnosis, some are nonetheless concerned, and understandably so. In addition to the inherent carcinogenic potential caused by its status as a phenol, production of free radicals and the release of various compounds stored in adipose tissue stores during DNP's rapid oxidation of fat may also potentially be harmful.

Death - This is self-explanatory and has occurred with several bodybuilders who chose to use this compound.
    "I am my own worst enemy, the only voice left taunting me is my own."

Stats: 6'3", 273 lbs
    polly6217 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit polly6217's BodySpace

losing weight

try clenbutemol and some steady exercise

Stats: 5'11", 193 lbs
    BodyPoints: 40
    AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AWhislyle has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit AWhislyle's BodySpace
    I agree that losing half of yourself in 12 months might be a bit difficult to do, don't take drastic measures if you aren't on pace to do that after you start, just stay consistent and motivated. I also agree that it is ok to not be doing weight lifting right now, though some might suggest it, I think it is an alright idea to just do cardio for a while before you start a weightlifting routine.
    The product sounds kind of dangerous, I'm in cell bio right now but not far enough into it to know how DNP works yet, rather than risking it, just staying consistent in diet and exercise is bound to help you lose.
    "Sorry I didn't make it to the beauty pageant"

Dr.Payne11 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Payne11 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Payne11 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Payne11 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Payne11 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Payne11 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Payne11 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Payne11 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Payne11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude, DNP is not fun. I have used it in many advanced organic chemistry labs. It is definetely not safe unless you can understand the strengths of it. And then I still dont think its worth it. try the EC stack first. leave DNP alone...

Stats: 6'1", 228 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6268
    SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SuperSonic88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit SuperSonic88's BodySpace

Thumbs down

Why are DNP threads even allowed...

DO NOT DO DNP!!

Stats: 5'11"
    BodyPoints: 20
    cobraklr96 is not very helpful. (-500) cobraklr96 is not very helpful. (-500) cobraklr96 is not very helpful. (-500) cobraklr96 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Visit cobraklr96's BodySpace
    are you kidding? It's a chemical THAT WILL KILL YOU! I promise that is the truth you are not a pro builder you have no idea of proper dosages etc etc! Getting you hands on the drug is not worth the hassle you might as well just call your local pd and let them know that you are looking for some illegal drugs and they can book you a room!!!!

Not to be a dick but serious drugs are not for anybody to play with! Clen is a drug as well, it does work but can also cause some pain in the ass side effects. You seem to have no idea where to . Diet and hit the gym. Dont be the guy that says i bust my ass everyday and it gets me nothing. BUST YOUR ASS and with a spot on diet the weight will fall off you!

Cardio does not burn more! Weight lifting burns up to 48 hours after a hard session of lifting! DUDE do your homework meals 2-3 hours protein good carbs good fats, weights followed by cardio, lots of rest and you will be fine!

Runteldat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Runteldat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Runteldat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Runteldat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Runteldat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Runteldat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Runteldat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit Runteldat's BodySpace
    You guys kill me lol

You're so DNP - dramatic. It won't kill you, you do some research and tell me how many people have actually died due to the USE of dnp - and i guarantee you'll find a handful at best.

Sure, the OP should NOT use DNP, but guys give me a break. DNP is only dangerous when abused - just like all drugs. And yes, I've used DNP before.

You guys are probably the same people that say "OH PITBULLS ARE DANGEROUS!!" lmao

Like they're really born that way. O_o

Stop being dramatic. It's not necessary.

Edit: And to the guy above me --- no wonder you're in the red. DNP isn't illegal to possess, its only illegal for human consumption. It's not illegal to sell either. lmao you guys...geesh.

Edit#2: And to DrPayne ---- you're 19 and you've used DNP before....now you're saying it's not worth it. You obviously hadn't done the research to use it in the first place. DNP is great if used properly. But it's not miracle pill.

Diet and training is still a must. But the benefits are great. One can easily do a 200mg/day regime for 30 days and experience extreme results with very very very low side effects. <--Fact. (might have to up the dose a few days out of the month to assess tolerance)
    Last edited by Runteldat; 06-17-2009 at 01:32 AM.

Stats: 5'8", 167 lbs
    glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glen666 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit glen666's BodySpace
    if you need to lose 140lbs you wont need it yet lose 100lbs then see how its going good luck you will make a massive dent 100lbs or so in a year just on deflict diet alone.

Smile

Originally Posted by cobraklr96 View Post
    are you kidding? It's a chemical THAT WILL KILL YOU! I promise that is the truth you are not a pro builder you have no idea of proper dosages etc etc! Getting you hands on the drug is not worth the hassle you might as well just call your local pd and let them know that you are looking for some illegal drugs and they can book you a room!!!!

Not to be a dick but serious drugs are not for anybody to play with! Clen is a drug as well, it does work but can also cause some pain in the ass side effects. You seem to have no idea where to . Diet and hit the gym. Dont be the guy that says i bust my ass everyday and it gets me nothing. BUST YOUR ASS and with a spot on diet the weight will fall off you!

Cardio does not burn more! Weight lifting burns up to 48 hours after a hard session of lifting! DUDE do your homework meals 2-3 hours protein good carbs good fats, weights followed by cardio, lots of rest and you will be fine!

My goodness, people feel very strongly about this lol! I really do appreciate all of the heartfelt advice but, like I said before, I was JUST trying to get more info on the drug; using it blindly was NEVER my intent. I am familiar with its properties and all the inherent dangers associated with it, just wanted to hear from people who had actually taken the jump and used it properly and safely to have a better picture of it all.

As for busting my ass, I AM putting in the hours, eating right and exercising, its only been a month so of course I cant complain that it hasnt been working (and I havent by the way, complained). I think if you read my first post entirely, you'd see where I was coming from.

To deadpool9, glen666, AWhislyle and everyone else.

Thanks for the support guys. I am going to stick to the old school way and I'm sure it'll probably make even sweeter when I reach that 100 mark. You've provided me with some really interesting info, I'll keep it all in mind :-D.

No problem, be sure to post back with progress updates!

Smile Progress updates

Originally Posted by deadpool9 View Post
    No problem, be sure to post back with progress updates!
    Not sure if I should continue progress updates on this thread, but I've already lost 9 pounds since we last spoke! No DNP being used!!! Just eating right, cardio 3-5 times a week, and taking Alli (my doctor recommended it) when having low fat meals. Hope it keeps going this well!!!

Stats: 5'8", 195 lbs
    shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shane580512 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit shane580512's BodySpace
    **** works great dude i have used it alot have no med problems just check your tolorance dont think cause your not hot the first three days to take a higher dose it build up in your system

Stats: 5'8", 172 lbs
    BodyPoints: 881
    lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) lee__d has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit lee__d's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by shane580512 View Post
    **** works great dude i have used it alot have no med problems just check your tolorance dont think cause your not hot the first three days to take a higher dose it build up in your system
    negged for bumping this thread just promote a dangerous product.
    GENERAL NUTRITION/TRAINING KNOWLEDGE, MUST WATCH: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155037573

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161354653&page=1

Lifts: http://www.youtube.com/user/LeeDiNapoli/
    Meet 1: 370/215/415 11/17/13 RPS Insurexion 173lb Wilks:312.2
    Meet 2: 410/230/425 07/12/14 RPS Heatwave 165.2lb Wilks:344.3
    Meet 3: 420/225/430 11/15/14 RPS Insurexion 179.6 Wilks : 329.14
    *Howard Stern Crew*
    *Foot Fetish Crew*

Location: S****horpe, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Stats: 5'6", 120 lbs
    Heather18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Heather18's BodySpace

Don't use DNP! it is a killer!

Originally Posted by zounette_99 View Post
    Hey guys,

My goal is to lose about 140 lbs within 12 months. I am being very realistic about it, I have been eating healthy and doing cardio at the gym 3-4 times a week for the past 3 weeks now. I am in no way looking for any short cuts but, with a slow metabolism that results from a long family history of obesity, a boost would be very much welcome. I dont believe in diet pills and have never used any, but I learned about DNP and its biochemical properties in my Molecular cell biology class, how it was used as a dieting tool in the 30's and how got banned because of the amount of deaths caused by overdoses. That being said, I was still interested finding out more and have been researching it for the past week online. Everything I've read so far seems to indicate that it can be used safely BUT ONLY if using the proper dosage.

So, I am ready to give it a try but I still have many questions that havent been answered; Where does one get DNP? If you purchase it online, is it safe to assume that those caps contain the indicated dosage? If not, then where would it be safe to get some? Is there anything else that would give me the same results without being as potentially dangerous? These questions are the first ones that I need answered before continuing on and I would really appreciate it if I could hear from people who have successfully and safely been using DNP for an adequate period of time. Thank you!
    After reading your details above I want to tell you not to take DNP as it is a Killer, a medical student over here in the UK took it and it killed her. if you are looking to lose weight do it the right way thought eating a well balanced diet, a good fitness routine and there are supplements you can include that are safe to help you with your results.