mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

how mcuh rest do you take in-between supersets?

next week im gonna go for about 3 weeks doing my first excersizes with supersets and drop-set my last one. The work-outs will be very short and intense. just wanna know how long i should rest in-between my supersets.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mrostos View Post
    next week im gonna go for about 3 weeks doing my first excersizes with supersets and drop-set my last one. The work-outs will be very short and intense. just wanna know how long i should rest in-between my supersets.
    are you supersetting exercises for the same muscle or opposing muscles?

mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrostos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the same muscle except for on arm days. on arm days i was gonna super-set biceps and triceps but for example on chest days i was gonna superset flat bench press and incline bench press.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the same muscle except for on arm days. on arm days i was gonna super-set biceps and triceps but for example on chest days i was gonna superset flat bench press and incline bench press.
    Well then for arm day, you really won't need rest between supersets, as one muscle rests while the other works. Just take enough time so that you're not out of breath. When doing 2 exercises for the same muscle, you will need regular rest between sets. Probably somewhere between 1-2 minutes.

Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    Well then for arm day, you really won't need rest between supersets, as one muscle rests while the other works. Just take enough time so that you're not out of breath. When doing 2 exercises for the same muscle, you will need regular rest between sets. Probably somewhere between 1-2 minutes.
    okay thanks!

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your super-setting you should keep the rest periods as short as possible. Liek start repping your next weight straight away.

Master of The Universe laneanders's Avatar
    laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000)

Supersets

The entire idea behind supersets are that you are doing them basically one right after another. You don't get a break until you have finished one set of each station you are doing supersets on. I do tend to make my break after each set of supers slightly longer than a rest after a typical one station set. For example I would rest 45 seconds after a typical one set exercise. I would rest around 60 - 75 seconds after a superset. This includes doing two workouts for the same body part as well as for separate body parts imo.

luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Superset standing french curls and bicep curls, no rest. You will be gasping but it's a GOOOOOOOD bad-ass burn.
    “Why do you stay in prison when the door is wide open? ” — Jalal ad-Din Rumi, Persian poet and mystic

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends what you're doing

supersetting the same muscle (which i don't like at all) you aren't meant to rest much at all - just like a dropset where the only time should be in lowering the weight

supersetting opposite muscles you can do both IMO, do the other set straight away (doing this for arms is also a great forearm workout) or rest in between each alternating set (Which i like to do for my strength work).

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    If your super-setting you should keep the rest periods as short as possible. Liek start repping your next weight straight away.
    this, the whole reason your super-setting is to keep it as intense as possible and really pushing that blood into your muscles, yes burns but its all part of the gig.

large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50) large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50) large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50) large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50) large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50) large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50) large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50) large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50) large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50) large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50) large chris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Look I'm not having a go but why 'next week'? Why not now? Arnold didn't say yes preacher curls, next week... Just saying you need to make it happen now, yes on a Sunday, the sooner you get started the quicker the results.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    supersetting flat bench and incline bench?

seems like a bad idea to me

Originally Posted by large chris View Post
    Look I'm not having a go but why 'next week'? Why not now? Arnold didn't say yes preacher curls, next week... Just saying you need to make it happen now, yes on a Sunday, the sooner you get started the quicker the results.
    Oh it's just part of my structure. for instance the last 3 weeks i was doing reps of 10,8,8,6 and for the next 3 weeks ill do supersets of 10-12 reps for 4 sets. it's the best way i can think of change my work-outs up.

Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    supersetting flat bench and incline bench?

seems like a bad idea to me
    why is that a bad idea?

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    same muscle group.

superset is supposed to be opposing muscle group. the meaning has been somewhat blurred from weiders original definition over the years to now just mean an exercise done right after another.

you'd be better off hitting an isolation movement such as a db fly, cable crossover, or tricep extension instead of bench press followed with incline press.