Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amino Acids

LadyofYorkies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Amino Acids

I am looking for a blend of powdered amino acids. Can anyone tell me what products to look for? I am trying to lose weight but I have been reading a book, The Diet Cure by Julia Ross, who has a questionaire on what amino acids a body needs most. I am low, very low on all but one of them and it is only over the score by one point, so I figure I might as well take them all. Today I bought some capsules and took 2 of them. I feel WONDERFUL!! I have been feeling bad for sooo long that to feel this good, I think, means that my body must really have needed the amino acids. Thanks, Sylvia

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LadyofYorkies View Post
    I am looking for a blend of powdered amino acids. Can anyone tell me what products to look for? I am trying to lose weight but I have been reading a book, The Diet Cure by Julia Ross, who has a questionaire on what amino acids a body needs most. I am low, very low on all but one of them and it is only over the score by one point, so I figure I might as well take them all. Today I bought some capsules and took 2 of them. I feel WONDERFUL!! I have been feeling bad for sooo long that to feel this good, I think, means that my body must really have needed the amino acids. Thanks, Sylvia
    A chicken breast or a can of tuna has more amino acids than any of the supplements you can take. They are complete and you get other nutritional benefits in meat such as selenium, etc that you do not get in amino acid supplements alone.

It would be like taking powdered apple peel supplements when you can just eat an apple.

Slowly getting bigger!! dkemano42's Avatar
    dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey man, here is a link for ya;

http://search.bodybuilding.com/searc...restrict=store

DK
    "After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done will have been done!"

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Are you a vegan? Getting adequate aminos shouldn't be any problem at all if you eat meat/poultry/fish/dairy.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by JC480 View Post
    A chicken breast or a can of tuna has more amino acids than any of the supplements you can take. They are complete and you get other nutritional benefits in meat such as selenium, etc that you do not get in amino acid supplements alone.

It would be like taking powdered apple peel supplements when you can just eat an apple.
    I am on the Pounds & Inches Protocol. It is a 500 cal diet, we are on the verge of protein deficiency. I do eat chicken, talapia, shimp, and beef. Most people on the forum seem to do ok on it but I think my adrenals are pretty worn out and if I didn't get it wrong, if the adrenals aren't working properly, I can't make the amino acids or get the amino acids where they need to go. I think my body is just worn out and I need to do some work to get it built back up. Sylvia

Originally Posted by dkemano42 View Post
    Hey man, here is a link for ya;

DK
    Thank you. This link maybe just what I was wanting to find. Sylvia

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Are you a vegan? Getting adequate aminos shouldn't be any problem at all if you eat meat/poultry/fish/dairy.
    Nope, not a vegan. Just on a VLCD of 500 cal per day.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    You're only eating 500 calories a day???
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    try some purple wrath its got high amounts of lucine wich is good for u
    "bustin my ass for the perfect body"

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

?You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew.?

i rapes back

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

I really, really hope not..............that would be crazy for anyone......no matter what your goal....lol....unless your goal was to starve to death or atleast look like a stick.....

HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10) HowieSt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please tell me there isn't a diet suggesting people eat only 500 calories a day.

I'm going to have to do a search on that "Pounds & Inches Protocol" and I really hope it's a 500 calorie deficit.

JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JC480 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am on the Pounds & Inches Protocol. It is a 500 cal diet, we are on the verge of protein deficiency. I do eat chicken, talapia, shimp, and beef. Most people on the forum seem to do ok on it but I think my adrenals are pretty worn out and if I didn't get it wrong, if the adrenals aren't working properly, I can't make the amino acids or get the amino acids where they need to go. I think my body is just worn out and I need to do some work to get it built back up. Sylvia
    These diets are usually restricted to extremely obese individuals who are in a hospital under a medical staff direct supervision.

There are people who have been on these diets themselves without supervision that have died. Your heart muscle and internal organs are not receiving enough calories to repair and you, at your age especially, are under accelerated risk of a heart attack.

I highly advise you to see a doctor.
    Last edited by JC480; 06-13-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Not really. I can't stick to it. I lost 35 lbs between Aug and end of Oct in 07 but when I went to do a 2nd round of the protocol, I couldn't stick to it. I ended up gaining 30 of it back on. Sylvia

Originally Posted by abzz View Post
    try some purple wrath its got high amounts of lucine wich is good for u
    Thank you. I will look it up. Sylvia

Originally Posted by plmb1 View Post
    I really, really hope not..............that would be crazy for anyone......no matter what your goal....lol....unless your goal was to starve to death or atleast look like a stick.....
    Neither. It is the HCG protocol. You do not look awful as you lose and I think that if you can last the first week to 10 days without cheating, the hunger pangs go away. Some of us really feel the hunger and others have no hunger from day one. There are all levels in between but most people don't seem to have much if any hunger from day one. I am not one of the lucky ones. Sylvia

Not really. I can't stick to it. I lost 35 lbs between Aug and end of Oct in 07 but when I went to do a 2nd round of the protocol, I couldn't stick to it. I ended up gaining 30 of it back on. Sylvia

Please do yourself a huge favor, and stop this "diet"; you're wrecking your health eating this way. You need to see a certified nutritionist NOW. There is NOTHING right about eating such a tiny amount of food, regardless of how big you are now.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Originally Posted by HowieSt View Post
    Please tell me there isn't a diet suggesting people eat only 500 calories a day.

I'm going to have to do a search on that "Pounds & Inches Protocol" and I really hope it's a 500 calorie deficit.
    Pounds & Inches by Dr. Simeons

Originally Posted by JC480 View Post
    These diets are usually restricted to extremely obese individuals who are in a hospital under a medical staff direct supervision.

There are people who have been on these diets themselves without supervision that have died. Your heart muscle and internal organs are not receiving enough calories to repair and you, at your age especially, are under accelerated risk of a heart attack.

I highly advise you to see a doctor.
    Been to see the dr. Got a good heart. Dr's don't like this protocol and the ones who do support it, charge an arm and a leg to do it. I am doing the same thing the drs would tell me to do only I don't have local support. I get my support from my group online. The diet has been designed to give just barely enough calories for repairs. Some members are under a dr's care and we have at least 2 nurses in our group. We have over 10,000 members in our group alone.

PS: Forgot to say we also have a dr in our group.

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

Neither. It is the HCG protocol. You do not look awful as you lose and I think that if you can last the first week to 10 days without cheating, the hunger pangs go away. Some of us really feel the hunger and others have no hunger from day one. There are all levels in between but most people don't seem to have much if any hunger from day one. I am not one of the lucky ones. Sylvia
    well.....all I can say is that is sure don't sound healthy........AT ALL.

If I only ate 500 cals a day my metab would shut down........heck......if I eat more than a thousand or so below my main level (and thats around 1800 a day) my metab all but stops and I don't lose anything but muscle........

I'm no doc but I do know that a person has to eat to lose weight.

What ever you do......good luck....

kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) kostasthai is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    eat normal people. 500 kcals what are you a bird? The people that give such advice if they are health care professionals should have their licences revoked. Calculate yoru daily needs, crate a caloric deficit by eating less and exercising and you will succed. everything else is doomed to fail.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dr's don't like this protocol
    What you mean to say is that a person who has spent 7 or so years studying how the body works and breaks thinks that this is a bad idea.

I don't know why you'd want to listen to such a person. If you go that way, next you'll be asking a mechanic about your car, an electrician about your house wiring, a plumber about your loo, and a builder about building houses. Madness!

And after all, it's not like the human body is more complex than cars, wiring, plumbing or bricks. And it's not like your life is on the line here.

Originally Posted by LadyofYorkies
    I get my support from my group online.
    "But anonymous strangers told me it was okay."

Will they be there to do CPR when you fall over?

Stop now. See a proper doctor, in person, and a nutritionist.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    What you mean to say is that a person who has spent 7 or so years studying how the body works and breaks thinks that this is a bad idea.

I don't know why you'd want to listen to such a person. If you go that way, next you'll be asking a mechanic about your car, an electrician about your house wiring, a plumber about your loo, and a builder about building houses. Madness!

And after all, it's not like the human body is more complex than cars, wiring, plumbing or bricks. And it's not like your life is on the line here.

"But anonymous strangers told me it was okay."

Will they be there to do CPR when you fall over?

Stop now. See a proper doctor, in person, and a nutritionist.

I'm just being nosey but do you use anything that a dr wouldn't recommend? Or use it in a way that a dr wouldn't recommend?

I get a prescription from my dr for antibiotics but that doesn't mean I take all of them. I do not believe that drs "know all." I know my body better than any of them ever will no matter how much education they have. Don't you feel the same?

I have tried losing weight for 30 years and nothing has worked like this protocol. The fault in my not losing and keeping it off is mine. The protocol works. Sylvia

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So, you starve yourself to lose 35lbs and then gain 30 of the 35lbs back? What is the point? Your starved yourself for nothing, probably hurt your body and messed with it's normal function to the point where you now want to waste money on supplements that are probably overpriced when you could just eat.

Am I missing something?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

I have tried losing weight for 30 years and nothing has worked like this protocol. The fault in my not losing and keeping it off is mine. The protocol works. Sylvia

Losing weight and losing bodyfat are two entirely different things. You seem set in the path you intend to take. You are going to ruin your health. I don't know what else to post, so I'm out.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm just being nosey but do you use anything that a dr wouldn't recommend? Or use it in a way that a dr wouldn't recommend?

I get a prescription from my dr for antibiotics but that doesn't mean I take all of them. I do not believe that drs "know all." I know my body better than any of them ever will no matter how much education they have. Don't you feel the same?

It won't work this time either. Sure, you can lose pounds, but these diets scream yo-yo dieting. Which is why you're having to do it yet again. I doubt you have much muscle mass left to waste as those diets really deplete muscle mass. You want to lose fat, not muscle, and you want to do it in a way that you can maintain. And be happy. Get off that awful diet and let us help you find a much better way. End the yo-yo, vlc dieting crap. It really is killing your body.

AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    b u l k n u t rition. com ---> ******** ---> BCAAs and EAAs. Cheapest I've seen em. Last time I went with "Supplements Direct BCAAs" from bb.com

*The diet you refer to isn't healthy. Stick with the basics > CALs in VS. CALs out. Altering where those cals come from (fat, carb, pro) can drastically affect your body composition.
    Last edited by AnthonyBishop; 06-14-2009 at 09:54 AM.
    If you want drastic results you need to take drastic measures.

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Losing weight and losing bodyfat are two entirely different things. You seem set in the path you intend to take. You are going to ruin your health. I don't know what else to post, so I'm out.
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    It won't work this time either. Sure, you can lose pounds, but these diets scream yo-yo dieting. Which is why you're having to do it yet again. I doubt you have much muscle mass left to waste as those diets really deplete muscle mass. You want to lose fat, not muscle, and you want to do it in a way that you can maintain. And be happy. Get off that awful diet and let us help you find a much better way. End the yo-yo, vlc dieting crap. It really is killing your body.
    not really much else to say here. Good luck to you
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Feel feel to check my profile if you want. I lost 70lbs in 13.5 weeks. I get asked constantly what/how/etc. Best advice I can you? DON'T DIET! Make a lifestyle change, because eventually that diet will have to end......then what?

Any "fad" diet, IMHO, is like giving a bandage to a cancer patient. You're hiding the symptoms instead of curing the disease. At 5'3", 195 lbs & 55 years of age, I would strongly encourage you to stop dieting & make a lifestyle change.

If you are determined to do as you have, I wish you well.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am on the Pounds & Inches Protocol. It is a 500 cal diet, we are on the verge of protein deficiency.

Just when I think I've heard the stupidest idea I'm ever going to hear, someone has to go and top it by posting this.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

exactly...........We can only help someone if they will listen.....