Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ptwa9 View Post
    You should browse their forums for a while before forming an opinion (not of the program necessarily, but the way it's presented). I think you might be a bit put off by the xfit community at least.
    Why? I can go right to the source and talk to REAL crossfitters, which I do, and not a single one has ever spouted this crap.

real human interaction > e-pinions of others based on the rantings of a few people on the internet. You should try it

Originally Posted by jgrube View Post
    this.. u still pay attention to the way a guy is built.
    Yes, in part. Nobody is saying that it isn't a factor, but it isn't THE factor and it is probably far les important than you imagine.

So you think that looking like Screech is going to diminish your chances of finding a woman to love you?
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

65 tons of American Pride BluntD's Avatar
    BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
    Why? I can go right to the source and talk to REAL crossfitters, which I do, and not a single one has ever spouted this crap.

real human interaction > e-pinions of others based on the rantings of a few people on the internet. You should try it
    I've talked to real crossfitters in person, and have heard that crap being spouted. Until I had to put my one friend in his place and he finally gave it a rest. So yes, it does happen. Again, every group has its share. It's not exclusive. He was just reallllly bad about it.

So you think that looking like Screech is going to diminish your chances of finding a woman to love you?
    It's not going to help.
    Return of the Mack?

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Young skywalkers have a lot to learn about women still.

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BluntD View Post
    I've talked to real crossfitters in person, and have heard that crap being spouted. Until I had to put my one friend in his place and he finally gave it a rest. So yes, it does happen. Again, every group has its share. It's not exclusive. He was just reallllly bad about it.
    I suppose so, but I've worked out with powerlifters who are STRONG guys and come over to strongman only to be handed their crap on a platter by little old me. They talk crap too until they realize that strong isn't the only aspect of the sport.

I figure this attitude is less about the Crossfit thing than it is about an insecure individual wanting to feel like they are good at something. It is social posturing and worthless, but crossfit doesn't hold a monopoly on this mentality. I've been to boards where WSBB guys are this way. If you aren't on Lou Simmon's jock then you don't know crap. Sounds simple, doesn't require true understanding or thought... so that's what you get.

Originally Posted by BluntD View Post
    It's not going to help.
    maybe not, but looking like a buff screech isn't going to be better. Think I'm lying, look at Carrot top before and after. Think he is REALLY getting more tail now than before? My guess is that it is about equal.

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Young skywalkers have a lot to learn about women still.
    Eh, things are harder to muddle through when you are single and on the prowl. I can understand wanting to maximize your chances to land a woman.

I lucked out and met my wife when I was 15. According to her she knew we were going to marry right then. I didn't think so. We have been dating/friends/friends with benefits/married with no benefits and everything inbetween, and I can tell everyone here that she was LESS happy with me as a partner when I had low body fat and a body that most guys here would kill for. Take it for what it's worth. You can put your time and effort into something that matters to women (like developing a personality and some genuine emotional self awareness) or you can put a lot of time into things that won't matter. If the real goal is to be loved and have a wife and maybe a family, the whole johnny six-pack bit isn't the stuff that matters. Just one guys experience, take it or leave it.

If you are just looking to nail bar skanks... eh, better do a few more crunches
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I suppose so, but I've worked out with powerlifters who are STRONG guys and come over to strongman only to be handed their crap on a platter by little old me. They talk crap too until they realize that strong isn't the only aspect of the sport.
    Dealifting a power bar doesn't help a lot with lifting a giant cement marble onto a pedestal, or tossing a keg over a wall, who'd have thunk it

Strongman looks like such fun.

maybe not, but looking like a buff screech isn't going to be better. Think I'm lying, look at Carrot top before and after. Think he is REALLY getting more tail now than before? My guess is that it is about equal.
    Less now he doesn't look so cute, according to my sister, he's also become quite and egotistical ass now that he's had his fifteen and its fading.

Eh, things are harder to muddle through when you are single and on the prowl. I can understand wanting to maximize your chances to land a woman.

I lucked out and met my wife when I was 15. According to her she knew we were going to marry right then. I didn't think so. We have been dating/friends/friends with benefits/married with no benefits and everything inbetween, and I can tell everyone here that she was LESS happy with me as a partner when I had low body fat and a body that most guys here would kill for. Take it for what it's worth. You can put your time and effort into something that matters to women (like developing a personality and some genuine emotional self awareness) or you can put a lot of time into things that won't matter. If the real goal is to be loved and have a wife and maybe a family, the whole johnny six-pack bit isn't the stuff that matters. Just one guys experience, take it or leave it.
    Girls really don't give a damn about your max bench do they.

If you are just looking to nail bar skanks... eh, better buy a better car and get a nice haircut
    Fixed
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Girls really don't give a damn about your max bench do they.
    More about your spending max.
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Dealifting a power bar doesn't help a lot with lifting a giant cement marble onto a pedestal, or tossing a keg over a wall, who'd have thunk it
    You would be shocked how many people can't comprehend that.

lawlz @ cement marble

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know I'm a little late to this thread, but here is my take on crossfit:

Crossfit is an excellent addition to a more traditional program. They utilize a lot of great exercises (particularly Oly variations) however Crossfit in general promotes over training, and lacks periodization. Used exclusively, it has its limitations. I also know that Crossfit takes a lot of criticism due to it's subscribers endorsing that it is the best and only program to do.

Just my .02
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com