Leaner by the minute H34vyM3741's Avatar
    H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Amino Acids during cut

I was advised by a friend who's been working out for like 9 years to take amino acids to help me with muscle growth.

Would this work while I'm cutting (eating at a calorie deficit of about 1000 calories/day)?

I'm changing my workout routines, doing just enough weight to reach failure at 12 reps/set, I'm trying to get some definition with the calorie def.

What do you guys reckon, is it worth it? I've used whey protein before, and it hasn't helped, it gave me this strange dangling belly, although I was following instructions and taking it with water not milk.

I'm still in a honeymoon phase, I'm acheiving muscle growth while cutting, guess that's because I NEVER worked those muscles before in my life.
    اشهد ألا اله إلا الله وأن محمداً عبده ورسوله

LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10) LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10) LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10) LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10) LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10) LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10) LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10) LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10) LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10) LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10) LexoLeks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by H34vyM3741 View Post
    I was advised by a friend who's been working out for like 9 years to take amino acids to help me with muscle growth.

Would this work while I'm cutting (eating at a calorie deficit of about 1000 calories/day)?

I'm changing my workout routines, doing just enough weight to reach failure at 12 reps/set, I'm trying to get some definition with the calorie def.

What do you guys reckon, is it worth it? I've used whey protein before, and it hasn't helped, it gave me this strange dangling belly, although I was following instructions and taking it with water not milk.

I'm still in a honeymoon phase, I'm acheiving muscle growth while cutting, guess that's because I NEVER worked those muscles before in my life.
    It would be a good idea to take some BCAAs while cutting... it will help you maintain muscle while you cut so that you burn as much fat with out losing any muscle. i take BCAA 1000 capsules pre and post workouts. i have actually being able to build more muscle mass and lose fat in the past few weeks, my weight has stayed about the same but my body fat has dropped about 2%.
    Last edited by LexoLeks; 06-13-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Slowly getting bigger!! dkemano42's Avatar
    dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey,

Yes I have always used BCAA's during cutting and bulking cycles and they really seem to help with muscle reention during cutting.

DK
    "After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done will have been done!"

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you shouldn't need to supplement BCAAs(yet), it certainly won't hurt though, I don't think it's going to speed up/slow down the process any either, you'll get sufficient BCAAs from your whole foods/protein shakes

i do supplement them for the extra energy they provide intraWO, a tasty calorie free energy boost
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The problem is I stopped taking protein shakes, they weren't doing me good, even when I mixed them with water, I felt I was putting on weight thanks to them, I even went up to 258lbs and back again to 250 when I stopped using them.

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bcaas are found in whole foods as well, not just protein shakes, proteins are constructed from amino acids and amino acids are broken into essential and branch chain when listing them

some foods, like vegetables and grains both have incomplete AA profiles, but when combined, have complete AA profiles, so for vegetarians, it's important to combine both when eating, whereas animal proteins have more complete AA profiles and don't require special combos

that's very strange you'd lose weight going off protein shakes, sounds like a bloating issue
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by H34vyM3741 View Post
    The problem is I stopped taking protein shakes, they weren't doing me good, even when I mixed them with water, I felt I was putting on weight thanks to them, I even went up to 258lbs and back again to 250 when I stopped using them.
    what protein where u taking?
    if it was a mass gainer or something along the lines then i can understand that, but personaly i think protein is great because you can substitute if for a meal, low calories, fills you up, and if u feel like a treat u can have it with milk and penut butter
    "bustin my ass for the perfect body"

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

?You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew.?

i rapes back

Originally Posted by abzz View Post
    what protein where u taking?
    if it was a mass gainer or something along the lines then i can understand that, but personaly i think protein is great because you can substitute if for a meal, low calories, fills you up, and if u feel like a treat u can have it with milk and penut butter
    I was taking Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Whey... Mocca Cappucino flavor.

And yeah, it was a treat, tasted great, felt like a real chocolate shake, and made me feel fuller.