blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

calories over maintenence on cheat day/ cheat meal

so in my diet plan I am allotted 1 cheat meal per week (i am doing a clean bulk). I have read alot of cheat threads, but what people eat is unhelpful because I do not know how many more calories it is than what they normally eat.

so when you cheat, how many calories ABOVE what you are supposed to be doing, do you go? at what point is it too much?
    in my cheat meal today I went 300- 600 cal over so my daily cals for today are 300- 600 above what I am suppoesd to be eating.

thanks for help!
    Last edited by blast00; 06-12-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just eat what I want on my cheat day and I don't count the calories. I think I end up eating about 500-1000 calories above maintenance. I have never gained a pound back from a cheat day and I ate an entire large apple pie in 1 sitting.
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blast00 View Post
    so in my diet plan I am allotted 1 cheat meal per week (i am doing a clean bulk). I have read alot of cheat threads, but what people eat is unhelpful because I do not know how many more calories it is than what they normally eat.

so when you cheat, how many calories ABOVE what you are supposed to be doing, do you go? at what point is it too much?
    in my cheat meal today I went 300- 600 cal over so my daily cals for today are 300- 600 above what I am suppoesd to be eating.

thanks for help!
    Go as far as you want! It's your cheat meal.

Don't count anything. Just eat, forget about it, and be happy!
    ^_^

nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukelovesyou will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went from 290 - 200 in 4 months with a cheat meal every Sunday, where I never watched my calories (mind you though it was all clean food, just lots and lots of it). And I always weighed less on Monday then I did the previous day.

I strongly believe, from personal experince and basic logic, one day a week eating above your maintenance helps keep your metabolism strong and your body burning calories more efficiently.

Even if not, if somehow my body is some kind of special case, you can't hurt a whole weeks progress in ONE meal, just won't happen. might kill that days progress, but giving up one day for your own personal satisfaction seems worth it in its own.

blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nukelovesyou View Post
    I went from 290 - 200 in 4 months with a cheat meal every Sunday, where I never watched my calories (mind you though it was all clean food, just lots and lots of it). And I always weighed less on Monday then I did the previous day.

I strongly believe, from personal experince and basic logic, one day a week eating above your maintenance helps keep your metabolism strong and your body burning calories more efficiently.

Even if not, if somehow my body is some kind of special case, you can't hurt a whole weeks progress in ONE meal, just won't happen. might kill that days progress, but giving up one day for your own personal satisfaction seems worth it in its own.
    when you say lots and lots, how much are you talking? and whats your height?

Registered User rickisthecoolest1's Avatar
    rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickisthecoolest1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I were you and wanted to cheat I wouldn't take a whole day I would only take a meal, but I wouldn't count calories the day you do it, you should just enjoy it.

i do only take a meal. but I can eat like someone who is 300 lbs, and I just really dont know what one would label as "overdoing" it.

or should I just eat until I am full like I used to do and relax and enjoy?

bump to my question above, and still curious to hear some other opinions from people.

TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheHunter09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usualy take a meal off once a week too, no calorie counting, i just eat, and then eat some more, chinese food, chocolate, sweets, curry, pizza, or whatever i fancy, if you train and eat hard enough thriugh the rest of the week i think it does your body good to get stuff its not used to in there.