garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question protein shakes are harmful to kidneys and liver???

i jsut wanted to ask if protein shakes are harmful to the kidneys and liver coz i hear a guy's two kidneys were not fuctioning so he had to take one from his mom. he was taking protein shakes for 2 years doctors said it damaged his kidneys. so i just wanted to know if its from protein shakes or some other cause coz i know doctors have this theory which is against artificial protein. and im takin bsn's syntha-6. is it any good?

Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big250 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by garen95 View Post
    i jsut wanted to ask if protein shakes are harmful to the kidneys and liver coz i hear a guy's two kidneys were not fuctioning so he had to take one from his mom. he was taking protein shakes for 2 years doctors said it damaged his kidneys. so i just wanted to know if its from protein shakes or some other cause coz i know doctors have this theory which is against artificial protein. and im takin bsn's syntha-6. is it any good?
    If you've spoken to your or a doctor why does it matter what people on a message board say? There's ways to have both kidneys and liver checked for functional ability. And based on your "doctor" theory you've still decided to take protein. BTW whey protein is not artificial find a brand tht works for you both in taste, drinkability, and if you happen to see some results.

garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) garen95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Big250 View Post
    If you've spoken to your or a doctor why does it matter what people on a message board say? There's ways to have both kidneys and liver checked for functional ability. And based on your "doctor" theory you've still decided to take protein. BTW whey protein is not artificial find a brand tht works for you both in taste, drinkability, and if you happen to see some results.
    no i didnt mean i asked my doctor, i heard the story from a friend and thats what the patients doctor said

240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 240sx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would say alcohol is a lot worse.

Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Beast21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    LOL! Artificial protein? What the fukc are you talking about?

That doctor sounds just like the FDA. He has kidney damage, he was taking protein shakes, must have been the protein shakes

thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50) thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50) thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50) thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50) thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50) thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50) thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50) thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50) thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50) thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50) thirtyreasons will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been taking protein shakes for the better part of 3 years... his problems could have came from so many other things. As long as you don't overdo the protein shakes and drinking plenty of water you will be just fine. There are also liver and kidney supplements to help clean them too.
    Pre: focus xt, sns pea, sns agmatine, sns citrulline malate, creaplex
    Intra: iforce compete
    Daily: CL orange triad, CL fish oil
    Protein: scivation whey

I always motivate others to get fit.

r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) r1ddl3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Moderation is everything. Drink your shakes and drink plenty of water and there is no need to worry about it.

P.S. I would EAT MORE too if I were you
    Scream for me

Companies I tried their products and support: Thermolife, Xtreme Formulations, AEN, Primaforce and Scivation.

Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000) Tyjim is just really nice. (+1000)

What the hell?

I haven't heard this question in a LONG time..
    No. There's been numerous studies done on protein and kidney function. It has no effect at all. It affects the liver (like every single thing we put into our body) but not nearly to a harmful extent. That doctor is full of bull, or you're not getting the full story from the friend.. Easy as that.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP to much protein can be dangerous to the liver over time,
    but getting your daily intake doesnt have any adverse affects.

Back from 2 year break! Atheimetal's Avatar
    Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your friend probably had way too much protein in his diet, and also failed to drink enough water. There aren't many things you CAN'T have too much of.
    Pennsylvania State University Alumni: Nutritional Sciences

patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Atheimetal View Post
    Your friend probably had way too much protein in his diet, and also failed to drink enough water. There aren't many things you CAN'T have too much of.
    You lift at the white building at all?

Protein for two years?!?! LAWLZ! My gf's dad has been a boxer and bodybuilder for quite some time and has been taking protein for about 25 years now with no problems. Protein is a simple macronutrient your biggest side effect from too much would be fat gain (as with fat or carb intake)

edit- My friend's dad's brother's best friend played for the yankees too!
    I am inspired by Zyzz. Did I deletes?

orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Protein is as natural as Iron however like the latter it can be dangerous in mass quantities. It is perfectly natural and safe to consume about 1g of protein per pound of body weight in a day and healthy as well. The only way for protein, and by protein I mean the 100% protein without anything else mixed with it like creatine etc... to be harmful to your health is if you overdo it.

For example,

If you weight 140, 100 grams per day is safe and you will make up the rest of it by eating throughout the day... 300-400 grams of protein would be deadly and extremely hard on your kidneys and liver.

Now back to Iron for a second ... Vitamins and Iron are great -- but overdo it and Iron overdosing can give you some health issues and possibly kill you.

So no, Protein is not harmful to your health as long as you do not consume much more than your body can use in the first place. --- Even at 300 grams you would have to do it for weeks before it caused any real harm to your organs.

Alcohol in small amounts is still much more deadly to your internal organs than a little bit more than what you need in protein.

Use common sense and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by orasis1; 06-12-2009 at 12:46 PM.

orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orasis1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    P.S - The active ingredient in Tylenol is extremely harsh on the liver - do doctors run around telling everyone to stop using it? No...

Pepsi is even harder on the organs you spoke of than a proper dose of daily protein.

And let's not even get into processed foods and ones that add tons of MSG...

zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zero13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    like some other people have mentioned here...drink LOTS of water.

when you take in high amounts of protein, but don't drink enough water, you can get dehydrated and raise your BUN (blood urea nitrogen) levels. this shows up in your lab work and is a cause for concern for your doctor because it can appear as though you have impaired renal function. your kidneys might be fine, but it can cause a sh*t storm at the doctor's office when he makes you feel like your kidneys are failing.

bottom line...protein is safe, but keep well hydrated.

fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10) fallingreason is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    association does not imply causation.