Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500) Ravish is not very helpful. (-500)

Overhead shoulder press - behind the head or in front???

Does it make a difference? Are different muscles brought into the exercise if you do one over the other? I've only done it in front, I tried switching to BTH (Behind the head) and I could only manage 3/4 of the weight that I would normally use. I find it much more difficult to do compared to doing it at the front.

Most people in gym I see do BTH, very rarely is there someone who does shoulder presses at the front so I'm wondering whats the reason.
    When the weight scale tells me I'm big enough, I tell the scale its wrong!

Brothers of Metal Crew the_fixxxer's Avatar
    the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) the_fixxxer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i do in front of my head....BTH hurts my shoulders too much.
    "Following our instinct not a trend
    go against the grain until the end"
    - Damage Inc, Metallica

~No-Avi Crew~

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ravish View Post
    Does it make a difference? Are different muscles brought into the exercise if you do one over the other? I've only done it in front, I tried switching to BTH (Behind the head) and I could only manage 3/4 of the weight that I would normally use. I find it much more difficult to do compared to doing it at the front.

Most people in gym I see do BTH, very rarely is there someone who does shoulder presses at the front so I'm wondering whats the reason.
    BTH is great if it doesnt hurt you. Going down 3/4 of the way is fine as that is the most effective part of the ROM in that exercise anyway. You'll want to to in front also as you can use more weight and get a different attack angle on the delts.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

vem som helst kan vinna! CelticTheTruth's Avatar
    CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000) CelticTheTruth is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm the opposite I guess, my sholders hurt a little when I do sholder presses in front but behind the head it's aight.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆
    FOUNDER of ♚♛Skåne CREW♛♚
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i do both of them but i only do behind the back on the smith machine

if u do do them behind the back do use a real wide grip

Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oakey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah man...

I say do both... Hitting the shoulders from different angles like someone said.

Also BTH isolates the actual delts.
    "Lift... Make the iron scared of your touch."
    Current: MuscleTech Nano Vapor + USN Hyperbolic Mass + PhD Growth Factor Mass

Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kostabot has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    BTH anything is dangerous for most peoples aesthetics. Be very careful. BTH lat pull downs etc puts your shoulder joint in an awkward position, not designed for bearing too much weight, so your form has to be perfect.

Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Verdelet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can press behind and infront the same weight. People associate behind the neck presses with injury but i have never had a problem with them, it depends on shoulder flexibility.

With back presses the POSTERIOR and LATERAL fibres are used more then anterior. The trapezius, triceps brachii and your serratus anterior are also hit but not as much. The rhomboids, teres minor, infraspinatus and supraspinatus also contract slighty.

With front presses the ANTERIOR and LATERAL are used more then posterior fibres. The clavical head of the pectoralis major, triceps brachii, serratus anterior, trapezius and the supraspinatus are the other muscles slightly hit.

- Obviously stabilizing muscles are used, this varies however depending if your doing them seated or standing.

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The only way to know is to experiment.

I really like BTN better, but that is me. I know some people who cannot do them at all.

ymmv

Yes. I'm bigger than you. hessunit's Avatar
    hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kostabot View Post
    BTH anything is dangerous for most peoples aesthetics. Be very careful. BTH lat pull downs etc puts your shoulder joint in an awkward position, not designed for bearing too much weight, so your form has to be perfect.
    This^^

I've seen way too many people get hurt with behind the head. Everyone seems to always say the same crap..."well, it doesn't hurt me, so I'm going to keep doing them". Inevitably, these are the same people that get effed up shoulders down the road. Never fails.
    Lift smart.

I rear ended a car this morning...the driver that got out of the other car was a dwarf !!
    He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!"
    So I said, "Well, which one ARE you then?"
    That's how the fight started.

"The two best activities for your health are pumping and humping"
    Arnold Swarzenegger

....done. Phew.

FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just started doing BTH BB overhead a few months ago and my shoulders have really reespnded. I did not do them for the longest time due to the negs, I think they have place like everything else. 4trict form though is a must!
    FAO

Stay Healthy...

Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Trapstar4.4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i do both, but yeah when going behind the neck be careful. when i see myself doing it, i can really see and feel the danger of one wrong move.

keep it VERY controlled. i cant imagine how long an injury like that would keep you out of action.

damn i cant wait to get in the gym today. i havent been able to go all week, and i have a weekend full of work to do. its going to be a brutal session with the iron
    ***Gender Non-Committed***
    (She/Him/They/His/Theirs/Her/Them)

Falcons - Hawks - Braves
    I make typos.

brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) brighamw has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Arlecchino View Post
    The only way to know is to experiment.

I really like BTN better, but that is me. I know some people who cannot do them at all.

ymmv
    Originally Posted by blaqsand View Post
    i do both, but yeah when going behind the neck be careful. when i see myself doing it, i can really see and feel the danger of one wrong move.

keep it VERY controlled. i cant imagine how long an injury like that would keep you out of action.

damn i cant wait to get in the gym today. i havent been able to go all week, and i have a weekend full of work to do. its going to be a brutal session with the iron

These, I do both & I've never had a problem. Unless you have pre existing shoulder issues you will be fine with both. BTN shoulder presses won't "cause" shoulder problems, improper form will or going too heavy too quickly (dropping the bar rather than controlling it's decent)
    Just start slow & emphasize form throughout...

iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Behind the neck presses place the shoulder in a position of excess external rotation and abduction. In this position the imposed load creates an external rotatory moment on the glenohumeral capsule. Basically it creates an unstable position, therefore technique is of utmost paramount. "Correct," technique can, however, not be achieved without sufficient flexibility - something a large amount of general population lifters lack.

Just to add to the debate; there are no studies to show any true significant differences in activation between the two exercises.

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Based on my personal experience, while both exercises emphasize the front delts above all, I feel like I'm getting more side delt involvement when pressing behind the neck. Maybe it's just mental...

If you have the shoulder/rotator health to do behind the neck, I see no issue. I also prefer them on the Smith.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    both. they hit your shoulders differently. i like doing behind the head for better trap separation but in front gives more mass overall.

Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel like sometimes with in front of the head the tendency is to arch your back a little bit, which brings in a bit of upper pec.
    Kaizen.

TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheDirtyCat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iSkinny View Post

Just to add to the debate; there are no studies to show any true significant differences in activation between the two exercises.

OH really. I've done a fitness instructor course and learned that behind the neck is a compound for posterior delts(rear delts).

Doing normal military press will hit the front delts a lot more though. I'm not too keen on doing press behind the head though myself because after when I put the weight down my shoulders kind of hurt for a bit so I just stick to bent over lateral raises now for rear delts.

Oh and If you want to hit the whole shoulder really well then dumbells are the way to go!

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ravish View Post

Behind the head minimizes upper chest involvement in the exercise. A lot of people turn the standard press into a chest movement with sub-optimal form.

So while it may isloate the shoulders a bit more, the net benefit and risk vs. reward ratio may not be favorable for some people. It all comes down to the person and application. Inadequate flexibility coupled with bringing the bar too low & use of excessive weight does cause more stress on the joint and increases the risk of injury over time.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To the front, always.

BTH risks>rewards.
    akkxn - just lift heavy ****.

christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10) christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10) christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10) christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10) christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10) christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10) christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10) christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10) christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10) christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10) christopher a is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There's a lot of scare tactics about BTH barbell out there, which is why you see them being done less and less nowadays. Personally, BTH hits my shoulders better where fronts hit my lats.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Behind the head minimizes upper chest involvement in the exercise. A lot of people turn the standard press into a chest movement with sub-optimal form.

So while it may isloate the shoulders a bit more, the net benefit and risk vs. reward ratio may not be favorable for some people. It all comes down to the person and application. Inadequate flexibility coupled with bringing the bar too low & use of excessive weight does cause more stress on the joint and increases the risk of injury over time.
    ^^^^ This.

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    mhm ... i need to check my form,
    I think i use my chest a little

AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronD1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do both, but prefer front more, behinde the neck tends to make my shoulders hurt(AC Joints).

iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheDirtyCat View Post
    OH really. I've done a fitness instructor course and learned that behind the neck is a compound for posterior delts(rear delts).
    Oh really? You should probably find a better course to be honest.

All three deltoid heads abduct and externally rotate the shoulder... HOWEVER the posterior delt, unlike the anterior and lateral heads, extends the shoulder. Overhead pressing is shoulder flexion...

Originally Posted by TheDirtyCat View Post
    Doing normal military press will hit the front delts a lot more though.
    EMG studies do not suggest this.

I'm not too keen on doing press behind the head though myself because after when I put the weight down my shoulders kind of hurt for a bit
    That is likely because you have bad technique/lack flexibility.

JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000) JohnDoeNumba1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Oakey View Post
    Yeah man...

I say do both... Hitting the shoulders from different angles like someone said.

Also BTH isolates the actual delts.
    Agreed!
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ Official Combat Veterans Crew ██ █ ★ █ ██

☆♦ 10-16-09: Never Forget ♦☆

pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to do them BTH, but doing them that way does put the shoulder joints in an awkward position and always seemed to aggravate the tendonitis in my right shoulder. The overhead press is my big ego lift; I'm obsessed with it like most lifters are with benching and doing them to the front has actually seemed to help the tendonitis.

If you feel like the lateral head isn't being hit enough when pressing, try neutral grip db overhead presses.
    "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" ...will probably be my last words

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136720821
    more misadventures in physical culture

Yes. I'm bigger than you. hessunit's Avatar
    hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000) hessunit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go tell a physiotherapist or exercise specialist that you're going to do behind the neck presses or pull-ups/pull downs....they will likey freak out, as have the ones I've spoken about this with....and for good reason.
    Lift smart.

I rear ended a car this morning...the driver that got out of the other car was a dwarf !!
    He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!"
    So I said, "Well, which one ARE you then?"
    That's how the fight started.

"The two best activities for your health are pumping and humping"
    Arnold Swarzenegger

....done. Phew.

Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juggernaut33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do none of my lifts behind the neck. My military presses are always to the front. Going btn is too awkward for me.
    "Shut up and lift!"
    "Eat big to get big."
    "Deadlift and grow."
    'Train, Eat, Sleep."
    "Knowledge is power."
    "What does not kill you, will make you stronger."

Ergo sum fortissimus.