Getfittimmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Who thinks results is based off of heredity?

Let me know know now before I devote my summer to transforming my body.

Dont get me wrong, i like working out. I can see some results from it too. But
    I still dont look anything like I want. I have the motivation and a new gym membership to get me there IF it is possible.
    If it isnt possible, then what the hell am i doin.

No one in my fam is muscular. (they dont work out either though)

How much of your possible results are based off of your genes???

PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anyone who benches 300 lb and squats 400 must be built like a tank to some extent... so i woudnt really worry about genetics...just lift lift lift

500 Internal Server Error relobe's Avatar
    relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) relobe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    everyone can get bigger. some easier than others yes... sucks but whatever, what are you gonna do? just lift harder and get bigger.
    If Tyson's last name was raphone I'd knock his ass out.

Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schoonie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    genetics might play a part... but its not everything. my mom is 105 lbs, an my dad is 166 lbs. both my older brothers are 140ish. im over 205 lbs. i came to college 3 yrs ago at 163. got in the weight room, learned some tips/pointers a long the way an put on 45 lbs.... now i just get in the weight room to feed the addiction!

blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Of course genetics play a part but diet is probably one of the biggest factors in getting big.

If you looked at my older brother now (43), you'd never guess he was deadlifting 180 kgs 20 years ago and built like a brick shithouse to boot.

Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowcast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Getfittimmy View Post
    Let me know know now before I devote my summer to transforming my body.

Dont get me wrong, i like working out. I can see some results from it too. But
    I still dont look anything like I want. I have the motivation and a new gym membership to get me there IF it is possible.
    If it isnt possible, then what the hell am i doin.

No one in my fam is muscular. (they dont work out either though)

How much of your possible results are based off of your genes???
    Genetics to play a role in how easy or hard it is to lose weight or gain muscle, that's a given, but don't dare use them as an excuse not to work out... everyone goes to the gym because they are like you, not satisfied with they way they currently look.

Get out there and lift... if it was easy you wouldn't be nearly as proud with the results
    "There's those that do and those that just do talkin.
    We're all going through hell it's burn or keep on walkin!"

Hidamari is life Lifterforlife10's Avatar
    Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifterforlife10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Obviously genentics play a role in our potential and our physiques, but I always use that as a way to motivate me. I just think that I can screw the genetics I have and I can make myself into what I want to be. I work harder and better. Never use it as an excuse to say you don't look good, you have to improve upon yourself. You cannot rely on chance when you can act

On a side note, I have read that how you treat yourself in life and the kind of life you lead can alter the genetic makeup your kids inherit, any merit to this.

darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkartist81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Genetics definitely play a part... But you can't let that stop you.

When I was in the Navy, my good buddy got me to start lifting for the first time in my life. He was an old hand at it, been lifting since he was in his teens. He was a really built dude too, but small. I started out slow, but just blew up... started gaining insane muscle and building a frame that was pretty damn impressive for a newcomer. He was shocked, and we had many conversations about how my arms were bigger than his, even though we both did the same exercises at the same intensity...and I had NEVER done them before.

But you know what, he trained harder. He fought and built up a great physique, even despite my growth. And when I quit, got married and got fat... he kept going, and now he is still in great shape and I'm starting over again.

Some of us may have a gift for building mass, or cutting, or whatever... but you just have to push through it... try harder, and know that you can achieve ANYTHING you put your mind to. Genetics be damned.

Ocram95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ocram95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of course genetics play a big role. I was lucky to be blessed with good genetics. Consistency>genetics