Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Christians: Did Jesus go to Hell?

fyi, I just got banned for asking this question on a Christian Theology message board...I guess I reached my 70 x 7...so I turn to you, dear Christians of the R/P

did Jesus go to hell?

as a doctrinal dogma were you taught that He did (it's in the Apostles Creed and Nicene Creed)?

do you agree with this assessment?

if so, why did He go to hell, what purpose did it serve?

by hell, I am referring to the lake of fire, where the worm never dies. Where there will be burning and gnashing of teeth, not Detroit Michigan, which is commonly mistaken for hell

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this
    Buckeyes / Indians / Cavs / Browns

WTSS is just really nice. (+1000) WTSS is just really nice. (+1000) WTSS is just really nice. (+1000) WTSS is just really nice. (+1000) WTSS is just really nice. (+1000) WTSS is just really nice. (+1000) WTSS is just really nice. (+1000) WTSS is just really nice. (+1000) WTSS is just really nice. (+1000) WTSS is just really nice. (+1000) WTSS is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is a guess but I think to give satan a message from god

(no hate)
    Hospital Corpsman 2002-2007

I owe reps to:

I Neg back

Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ObedEdom View Post
    fyi, I just got banned for asking this question on a Christian Theology message board...I guess I reached my 70 x 7...so I turn to you, dear Christians of the R/P

did Jesus go to hell?

as a doctrinal dogma were you taught that He did (it's in the Apostles Creed and Nicene Creed)?

by hell, I am referring to the lake of fire, where the worm never dies. Where there will be burning and gnashing of teeth, not Detroit Michigan, which is commonly mistaken for hell

I'm going to say no. It's quite an in depth answer, and I don't have a lot of time to write on it right now. One of the main passages that is used to support that he went to hell is in 1 Peter. Can't remember the chapter and verse off the top of my head. But most people think that Jesus himself went down in the three days from when he died and when he rose again. However I take it as the Holy Spirit went down and preached to the other spirits.

Also, in B4 the common statement by Atheists that goes something like this. "Jesus is just a mythical figure, there is no hell, so no."

ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ObedEdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Coach_Roach View Post
    I'm going to say no. It's quite an in depth answer, and I don't have a lot of time to write on it right now. One of the main passages that is used to support that he went to hell is in 1 Peter. Can't remember the chapter and verse off the top of my head. But most people think that Jesus himself went down in the three days from when he died and when he rose again. However I take it as the Holy Spirit went down and preached to the other spirits.
    yes, it is a bit in depth. 1 Peter and it's reference to "preached to the soul's in prison" is most usually the text used to support the argument.
    There are quite a few differing views on this, as I found out...
    people don't like being told they may be misunderstanding scripture, as I found out

Also, in B4 the common statement by Atheists that goes something like this. "Jesus is just a mythical figure, there is no hell, so no."
    well, being as it's all a big myth to them, I'm not sure why they would offer an opinion.

Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Silly us eh?
    "Fear is something that we create in our own minds. Fear could be like fire. You can use it to heat you up, keep you warm, cook your food. There are so many things you can use it for. But if you allow it to go out of control, it will destroy you and everything around you." -Mike Tyson

Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000) Coach_Roach is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thinking a little more about it. I don't know if I really think anyone is in Hell right now. People will only be confined to hell after Jesus comes again and the final judgement. So that would mean that even if Jesus did go somewhere to where the lost spirits are after he died. then he would have gone to hades, a holding place until the final judgement. So, he nor the Holy Spirit went to hell. What do you think?

Originally Posted by Vince C View Post
    Silly us eh?
    See what I mean. I think God biologically programmed Atheists to hijack our threads on bodybuilding.com so that we will become stronger in our faith and learn how to defend it.

Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000) Killer Wolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    See what I mean. I think God biologically programmed Atheists to hijack our threads on bodybuilding.com so that we will become stronger in our faith and learn how to defend it.
    LOL yea brah, i'm not even real, i'm just here to test your faith. Must I mention that it was you that referenced us first? No worries, I just enjoy reading christian reasoning. Carry on....You wont even know i'm here.
    "Fear is something that we create in our own minds. Fear could be like fire. You can use it to heat you up, keep you warm, cook your food. There are so many things you can use it for. But if you allow it to go out of control, it will destroy you and everything around you." -Mike Tyson

Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000)

did Jesus go to hell?

Yeah brah, Jesus never really existed. It was a metaphor for the sun, you know.

jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no he didnt go to hell, he preached to the people who died before his coming, so its common sence to me he wouldnt send these to people or even send them their to jus preach to them and pull them out right?
    Infinite Labs Rep

Originally Posted by Arbex View Post
    Yeah brah, Jesus never really existed. It was a metaphor for the sun, you know.
    the sun went to hell in the Nicene Creed?

the sun is hot, so I guess it could itself be figurative of hell...so in our little "evil myth" Jesus is really hell?

Hell No

Originally Posted by jordansrt View Post
    no he didnt go to hell, he preached to the people who died before his coming, so its common sence to me he wouldnt send these to people or even send them their to jus preach to them and pull them out right?
    mostly correct, according to my best deductive opinion.

the whole "preaching" thing messes people up, it wasn't expository telling or offering eternal life, it was a judgment to sentence those that we're condemned and take those that weren't condemned and elected as righteous, up with Him. Those folks took a detour though Matthew 27:52, 53

jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jordansrt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    mostly correct, according to my best deductive opinion.

the whole "preaching" thing messes people up, it wasn't expository telling or offering eternal life, it was a judgment to sentence those that we're condemned and take those that weren't condemned and elected as righteous, up with Him. Those folks took a detour though Matthew 27:52, 53
    Me and u are having problems especialy on the matter of the pink unicorn. i think u know what i mean
    Infinite Labs Rep

Thanks guys, i'll be here all week!

Me and u are having problems especialy on the matter of the pink unicorn. i think u know what i mean
    you sir, are a hypocrite...
    you cast aspersions on homosexuals for having sex with members of the same gender, yet you carry an intimate relationship with a mythical animal (with a large horn, I may add)

...you must clear the unicorn fetish from your own eye, before you look at the homo in someone else eye

you sir, are a hypocrite...
    you cast aspersions on homosexuals for having sex with members of the same gender, yet you carry an intimate relationship with a mythical animal (with a large horn, I may add)

...you must clear the unicorn fetish from your own eye, before you look at the homo in someone else eye
    i have never once complained about the homo in ur eye because i know thats judgemental, but u have rode my unicorn and fed him foreskins so watch what u say in other threads.....he reads them to
    Infinite Labs Rep

yes, and also Jordan...your immoral behavior has now spread to Vince, who is being hit on by the unicorn

your unicorn is not only vile and wretched but also a playa

don't give in Vince, stay pure

i have never once complained about the homo in ur eye because i know thats judgemental, but u have rode my unicorn and fed him foreskins so watch what u say in other threads.....he reads them to
    "you brood of vipers, you calloused ass"

-Martin Luther

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    how can you possibly defend this nonsense?
    is this what christian 'intellectuals' spend their time discussing?

whether jesus went to hell and what he did on his 3 day expedition?

it amazes me that you dont see the absurdity of your thinking...
    you might as well postulate on the activities of lord voldemort after his avada kedavra curse backfired.

the ironic thing is that otherwise (seemingly) intelligent adults, believe that they are discussing non-fiction!
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

yes, and also Jordan...your immoral behavior has now spread to Vince, who is being hit on by the unicorn

your unicorn is not only vile and wretched but also a playa

don't give in Vince, stay pure
    ahhh i feel some deeper issues here....Are u just mad someone else wants to ride my unicorn? If so u may have some mommy daddy issues that need to be brought to light.(its ok everyone feels this way from time to time)
    Infinite Labs Rep

Originally Posted by jackfast1 View Post
    is this what chrisatian 'intellectuals' spend their time discussing?

you might as well postualte on the activities of lord voldemort after his avada kedavra curse backfired.

the ironic thing is that otherwise (seemingly) intelligent adults, believe that they are discussing non-fiction!
    lol are u seriously fussing over this thread? This was a legitimate question what about ur thread yesterday brah....
    Infinite Labs Rep

Originally Posted by Vince C View Post
    Ride him vince theirs enough room for the both of us
    Infinite Labs Rep

Ride him vince theirs enough room for the both of us
    thanks, between the magical mayonnaise unicorn and you pimping it out for lulz, I need a mind diaper

thanks, between the magical mayonnaise unicorn and you pimping it out for lulz, I need a mind diaper
    i think u need a magical napkin, u got some magical mayonaise on ur mouth their
    Infinite Labs Rep

Originally Posted by jackfast1 View Post
    is this what christian 'intellectuals' spend their time discussing?

you might as well postulate on the activities of lord voldemort after his avada kedavra curse backfired.

Haha. This made me laugh. You take things way to serious, I was just playing around. Jeez, you must be the life of party wherever you are at. Lighten up dude. Haha

i think u need a magical napkin, u got some magical mayonaise on ur mouth their
    no

it's puss from the herpes your mom gave me

cliffs

Evolutionary time line of one of my threads, as displayed by this one:

I post serious question.
    Get Jesus flipping the bird (Hawaiian salute, not bird77)
    Arbex thinks Jesus is the sun, and Jesus is hell
    Coach is solid
    Jack is serious, what a shock!
    Jordan is a unicorn cuckhold
    Vince is most likely rolling on the floor laughing but stops long enough to post the greatest unicorn pic ever
    Jordan gets rebuked by Martin Luther
    Obed got a commutable disease from Jordan's mama

pretty much, the usual...

Evolutionary time line of one of my threads, as displayed by this one:

I post serious question.
    Get Jesus flipping the bird (Hawaiian salute, not bird77)
    Arbex thinks Jesus is the sun, and Jesus is hell
    Coach is solid
    Jack is serious, what a shock!
    Jordan is a unicorn cuckhold
    Vince is most likely rolling on the floor laughing but stops long enough to post the greatest unicorn pic ever
    Jordan gets rebuked by Martin Luther
    Obed got a commutable disease from Jordan's mama

pretty much, the usual...
    Hey i dropped their whore off ur mom said to call her later but wait til after 9 since its long distance
    Infinite Labs Rep

whyd the other thread get closed
    Infinite Labs Rep