cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Sore Joints, a diet issue?

Okay for starters, long time reader but first time poster. All advice will be appreciated and carefully evaluated. I have spent quite a bit of time in the gym and on different nutrition plans for 3-4 years. So, I'm not a know it all but I do know some. I also have spent many hours researching articles and forums such as this one. I only say that to state before listing my issue that I know it's not form. I work really hard to maintain good form and never sacrifice form for weight. ( well 97% of the time, no one is perfect )

Out of the 3-4 years I've spent in the gym I have never really had an issue with sore joints and I am really battling with it right now, mainly my elbows. The exception being when I am bulking and my body is adjusting to all that heavy exertion. However, I am about 3 weeks out of a bulk cycle (no pro-hormones used). I started with a week of rest and cardio, then a week of maintenance workout and know I have began my cutting cycle. My joints have been real sore for about a 2 weeks and my arm day only seems to make it linger. (common sense, but I convince myself to power through).

Now that my current backdrop is out there I was wondering if it might be due to my diet? I read that a lack of good fat leads to sore joints and was wondering if maybe that was it? However, my total calorie intake partly derives from 25% fat which I thought put me on the right mark. I even began to wonder if my whole diet was wrong and I am just not eating enough? Those stupid bmr calculators all say something different. Here's my stats and to spare you my meal plans I'll list my total nutrients. I am only a year or so in on making my own meal plans so I am no pro. Is it because of my diet or something else? Maybe I am just getting old.

Personal:
    32 years old in 1 month
    178lbs 13-14% body fat
    5'8.5'
    I have an office job so I sit most of the day (excluding gym time obviously)
    My gym workout currently is 5 5:45am M-F days, all splits for each group, and M-W-F 20-30 minutes of 65-75% hr cardio, mainly treadmill and Tues and Friday 30-45 minutes of core all core and cardio done at 5:30-6:30 pm,
    I am not priest at it I do have off days on my diet and my workout days but I do pretty well at making it my norm. According to my hr monitor I burn 600-800 calories a day working out.

2,045 Total Calories
    41% Protein / 25% Fat / 34% Carbs
    Fat 59g 0% Trans Fat
    Sodium 2065
    Potassium 1795
    Fiber 24
    Sugar 20
    Protein 214
    All vitamins over 100% daily value

Okay, probably way more info than needed but I often read post that lack all the information needed to help so I wanted to cover everything. Thinks in advance.

xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xJGOx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One of my training partners today told me he uses drinks vinegar and uses tons of olive oil for joint pain. Sounds gross but he's got a 700 lb squat, 500 bench and a pull in the mid 600's so I trust him. I have never heard of good fat being detrimental, but rather being beneficial and acting as a lubricant to a small degree.

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Take videos of your lifts, and get them critiqued. Just because you think you have good form, or one bro in your gym tells you that your form is fine, doesn't mean that it really is.

More so than just form, it could be your overall training protocol. Too much volume, lifting too heavy too frequently, testing 1RM's too often etc. could put unnecessary stress on your joints. Even things like using a straight bar for BB curls, or working in the 4-5 rep range for DB curls may cause problems.

I'd be willing to bet the problem stems from somewhere in the gym.

But looking towards diet; what is your Omega 3/Omega 6 intake? Daily EPA/DHA? Being in a deficit can definitely be a factor for more DOMS and slower recovery. Just because you have >100% vitamins doesn't mean that you're consuming proper intakes... ie. your potassium is way too low, especially relative to your given sodium intake. And you haven't listed all other micronutrients so there could be other imbalances as well.

It's hard to determine, especially with the information given, but the one thing I'll say is if you are feeling pain, don't try and work through it. Be smart, the weight will always be there waiting for you.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try Animal Flex.

I had an elbow/joint issue for a while and it's one of the few products that I will vouch for.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cett22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thx cls91, I think you might have nailed the issue. It may be form but I haven't changed the way I lift and it hasn't bothered me before. In fact, I am doing lots of weighted pushups/ pullups etc.. right now as well and also staying away from heavy curls as best as I can. But Omega Fatty Acids may be the issue. That's what's different.

I have always eaten tons if tuna and this time I don't have any in my diet at all because I was so sick of it. Looking at my meal plan I dont think I am getting any. Dang sure not listed and I am not taking any supplements for it.

I am probably at nill. I read the sympotoms of defiecency and the bodys ability to redyce inflammation is at the top...

I have been so focused on calories/carbs/protein/fat I didnt even consider it. Like I said I am not to experienced at the diet part, less than a year I normally had one made now I do my own. Anything else I should make sure I get?

5:20 am 7 cubes of cheese/protein shake
    2 daily vitamins

6:30 am protein shake/ creatine

8:15 2 servings of sugar free oatmeal

10:30 wheat oat bread/ 2 tsb peanutbutter

12:30 10 ounce chicken breast/ 1.5 cups hull peas

3:30 1 slice wheat oat bread 1 tsb peanut butter

6:30-7 10 ounce chicken breast 2/3 cup brown rice

Thats what I actually consume to reach the numbers above. Im allergenic to bannanas so i just bought potassium pills. If its not listed on the label I dont know what the nutrient level is thats why I didnt list more. Any advice is appreciated. And do you think my calorie intake is okay? After my burn I create a 700-800ish deficet. Finding balance, trying not to lose muscle as well from bulk so I may be too low.

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you can list your 'diet' in a short post, it's likely not that great. Eat a variety of whole foods, from all food groups (that you aren't allergic/sensitive to of course), and that will make reaching micronutrient sufficiency much easier. I'm not sure how you know you're getting '100% vitamins' as mentioned in the OP, but I'd recommend starting to use cronometer.com to track your intakes.

Also tuna isn't that great a source of omega-3, and it's definitely not something you want to be consuming too regularly due to the mercury content. Salmon is substantially better, and it may even be beneficial to supplement with fish oil on days that you're not eating salmon.

In regards to your deficit, keep weight loss to <1lbs/week and you should be fine.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks like your fat intake is on the low side. Also, a good D3 may help.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

I use myfitnesspal to track it all. What's D3?

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cett22 View Post
    I use myfitnesspal to track it all. What's D3?
    A vitamin usually you get from the sun. I personally take a 5000 iu daily during winter months.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Okay, I'll look into it thanks