emsteezforreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help with finding a program

i'm 19 years old, 6'1 1/2", 200 lbs., 18% bf (according to an electronic scale), and looking to get as big as i possibly can while still being flexible enough for basketball. somewhere along the lines of a ben gordon, lebron james, etc. i don't really know the first thing about nutrition, which i think really kills me. i do however, have a big tub of whey protein handy as well as packs of creatine.

if someone could direct me to a good routine, tell me a basic template of a diet (though i think i can make my own if i look hard enough in the nutrition forum) it'd be greatly appreciated.

p.s: i also used this routine this past monday, idk if i should keep doing it though.

Biceps

Barbell Curl 5x8
    Barbell Curl 1x20
    Incline Dumbbell Curl (bench 30-40 degrees) 5x8
    Incline Dumbbell Curl (bench 30-40 degrees) 1x20

Triceps

Close Grip Bench Press 5x8
    Close Grip Bench Press 1x20
    EZ Bar, Lying Tricep Extension 5x8
    EZ Bar, Lying Tricep Extension 1x20
    Tricep Pushdown, (hands 8-10" apart) 5x8
    Tricep Pushdown, (hands 8-10" apart) 1x20

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    welcome to the bb.com forums,

I would highly recommend a training program called Power/ Rep Range/ Shock. It was created by a Natural Pro Bodybuilder (Eric Broser) and is designed to increase your strength and size. It also involves a lot of high-intensity and heart pounding exercises which would benefit you as a basketball player.

The basic template for the program can be found here - http://www.prrstraining.com/sample.htm

a detailed outline of day-to-day workouts can be found here - http://prrsguru.proboards.com/index....lay&thread=755

As for a diet, at 200 lbs with a goal of increasing weight I would make as a GENERAL recommendation that you eat at least 3500 calories a day. I'd recommend 200g of protein, 500g carbs, 75g fat. As a basketball player you will need high amounts of carbs because you will be lifting + playing basketball which is basically high-intensity cardio.

good luck.

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, I have used P/RR/S with athletes from every sport.
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."

bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree with Tigerstealth on his response. Now with the nutrition just stick with your main basics:
    Protein - Eggs, Chicken, Lean Meats 90% or higher, Fish, an dof course Protein Powder ( an awesome one to try is All American EFX NF-Pro..it tastes awesome and mixes perfectly!)

Carbs - Oatmeal, Swt Potatoes, Grits, anything whole grain or wheat pretty much.

Fats, MCT oil, Almonds, Peanut Butter (Natural), EFA's

And the P/RR/S program should defintiely help you get to the next level, but I would say maybe with 2 or 3 of the workouts each wek, throw in some agility, explosion and speed drills. So you can gain speed, hops, agility..along with your size and strength.
    AI Sports Nutrition Dir. of Sales/Marketing

Save 20% off on all AI Sports Nutrition products when you go to checkout all month long.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm

********.com/AISportsNutrition

Subscribe to our newsletter at http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.