ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThaiFighter_83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best books about sports psychology?

I'm looking for books that will explain how athletes learn and perform best...the psychology behind coaching them, and performing as an athlete. The psychology behind motivation...even for personal training, too. Anything psychology related when it comes to sports or working out.
    email: thaifighter83@yahoo.com
    nickname: ThaiFighter83

Oops back to cutting PowerBuilder08's Avatar
    PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PowerBuilder08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good topic...I'd be interested in this also

iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50) iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50) iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50) iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50) iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50) iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50) iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50) iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50) iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50) iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50) iginlafire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Phil Knight's book from a few years back is one off the top of my head that you might like. Not directly related to the topic, but seeing as he's generally lauded as the master of coaching pro athletes from a motivation perspective, there's plenty to learn there.

tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyclark is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    amazon.com/New-Toughness-Training-Sports-Psychologists/dp/0452269989
    I enjoyed this book. I picked it up back when I was in high school.
    Start wide, expand further, and never look back.
    --Arnold Schwarzenegger

Working To Fat Jacked Marcoccia's Avatar
    Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mind Gym by Gary Mack it is amazing it helped me so much it's not funny. Last year I would get nervous and tight when competing this year I'm relaxed and putting out massive numbers.

Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poor Excuse is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Marcoccia View Post
    Mind Gym by Gary Mack it is amazing it helped me so much it's not funny. Last year I would get nervous and tight when competing this year I'm relaxed and putting out massive numbers.
    Theres a book I bought kinda similar..its called " The body and the mind" cant remember the right title but it has alot to do wit composure, poise, and maintaining a consistent breathing rhythmic pattern to keep the body calm during such a hectic workout... by keeping calm and not getting too worked up, the intensity rises and you enter "The Zone"..

the book has alot do talk about " The Zone".. that state of euphoria where nothing can phase you and youre unstoppable at your crafted art.
    imagination is more important than knowledge - einstein

Working To Fat Jacked Marcoccia's Avatar
    Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Poor Excuse View Post
    Theres a book I bought kinda similar..its called " The body and the mind" cant remember the right title but it has alot to do wit composure, poise, and maintaining a consistent breathing rhythmic pattern to keep the body calm during such a hectic workout... by keeping calm and not getting too worked up, the intensity rises and you enter "The Zone"..

the book has alot do talk about " The Zone".. that state of euphoria where nothing can phase you and youre unstoppable at your crafted art.
    I'll check this one out and see how it works.

iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iSkinny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

mavum is just really nice. (+1000) mavum is just really nice. (+1000) mavum is just really nice. (+1000) mavum is just really nice. (+1000) mavum is just really nice. (+1000) mavum is just really nice. (+1000) mavum is just really nice. (+1000) mavum is just really nice. (+1000) mavum is just really nice. (+1000) mavum is just really nice. (+1000) mavum is just really nice. (+1000)
    doitbigson

kbomby2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kbomby2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kbomby2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kbomby2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kbomby2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kbomby2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kbomby2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kbomby2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Brian Cain

I know this topic is old, but this is more relevant now than ever before.

I agree that mind gym by Gary Mack is one of the top sports psychology books on the market.

Another author that I would recommend is Brian Cain. Cain was the sports psychologist / peak performance coach that worked with the University of Alabama softball program during their 2012 national championship. During the final game, an espn broadcaster brought up Brian Cains book Toilets, Bricks, Fish Hooks and Pride. After reading this book it's easy to see why Cain is one of the top sports psychologists in the country.

Since 2012, Brian has made a few more books including the Daily Dominator. Head over to BrianCain.com to learn more.

I would also recommend heading over to Amazon and picking up a copy of Mind Gym.

Again, I apologize for bringing back a dead thread but I would love to hear what other sports psychology books people are reading these days.