Co0ter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gainers/Creatine- What Do You Suggest?!

I have a very fast metabolism and have to eat a good 5-6 small/medium meals a day for even a chance at gaining weight, so I'd like to use a gainer to help out a bit. Some people say some just make you chubby and contain too much fat etc..

So basically, what do you suggest?! I've seen a lot of feedback on cytogainer, which people say it works but it builds a lot of fat for some people as well. So I decided, in my mind, to go with Pro Complex Gainer, 60g of protein. I hear a lot of good stuff about Opt Nut and people mention it contains complex carbs so it works good as a post workout protein as well.

Whatever you suggest, include how you'd take it as well. Some people are even saying to take half a serving two times a day for 30g each time.

As far as creatine goes, I'm thinking about starting on it. I've had suggestions to just take creatine monohydrate powder after workouts with gatorade or grape juice etc. I looked it up and almost all of the products are 5g per serving.

However I see Gainers that have creatine in them, the new Mass XXX and Cytogainer, but they include 3g, is that a significant difference? Maybe I should kill two birds with one stone and grab a gainer/creatine or do you suggest taking creatine seperately. Feel free to suggest other creatine products.

Thanks ahead of time.

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Co0ter View Post
    I have a very fast metabolism and have to eat a good 5-6 small/medium meals a day for even a chance at gaining weight, so I'd like to use a gainer to help out a bit. Some people say some just make you chubby and contain too much fat etc..
    Most of them I'd say are the opposite. I prefer ones with higher fat content - so I usually end up adding olive oil. As for getting chubby (excessive weight gain) just realize that all weight gainers do is add calories to the diet in a quick and easy fashion (whey/maltodextrin).

So basically, what do you suggest?! I've seen a lot of feedback on cytogainer, which people say it works but it builds a lot of fat for some people as well. So I decided, in my mind, to go with Pro Complex Gainer, 60g of protein. I hear a lot of good stuff about Opt Nut and people mention it contains complex carbs so it works good as a post workout protein as well.
    I wouldn't personally by PC Gainer, as it is rather expensive for a profile that is not significantly different. I like Cytogainer for your run-of-the-mill gainer. Technically, maltodextrin is a complex carbohydrate, so both of them do; but really far as I'm concerned, maltodextrin is closer to sugar than carbohydrates such as oatmeal.

Whatever you suggest, include how you'd take it as well. Some people are even saying to take half a serving two times a day for 30g each time.
    Well, that's what I suggest, so go for it. 1-2 days of half a serving each. Adjust to your calorie needs.

As far as creatine goes, I'm thinking about starting on it. I've had suggestions to just take creatine monohydrate powder after workouts with gatorade or grape juice etc. I looked it up and almost all of the products are 5g per serving.

However I see Gainers that have creatine in them, the new Mass XXX and Cytogainer, but they include 3g, is that a significant difference? Maybe I should kill two birds with one stone and grab a gainer/creatine or do you suggest taking creatine seperately. Feel free to suggest other creatine products.

Thanks ahead of time.
    If you're taking CG/Mass XXX for 3-5g creatine (1 - 1.5 servings a day) you won't need extra creatine. If you take less than 3g creatine, it is probably worth picking up some creatine monohydrate; prolab or dymatize should be fine ($20ish for 1kg, lasts about 6 months). I'd aim for a ballpark 5g/day, because it's a nice number that people aren't scared of.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My Advice: If you want a gainer.. make your own. Not only are you going to save yourself a lot of money instead of buying a pre-made powder, it will taste as good if not bette because you can customize it.

Grind up oats
    Milk/Water
    Whey Protein
    Bananas/berries
    Peanut Butter

use the amounts you want to fit your diet, and they take 20 seconds to make and taste great

Creatine... buy a monohydrate in bulk.. you can find many respectable brands in the store selling for $20 / 1000g which will last you months dosing 5g a day on workout days. Which is all you need to saturate the cells for extra ATP uptake.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oats in a coffee grinder are your best friend, well natural peanutbutter too.

Also, count your calories for a while if you have not, might realize your meals are short.
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

Creatine

I stopped by the GNC where my buddy works and I "found" a Pro Complex Gainer, regular Pro Complex and Mega Creatine Extreme (gnc brand) all for 75 percent off. Needless to say I got all that for 45 bucks...pretty awesome.

Now you know exactly what I have to work with. Sidenote- I'm using Superpump 250 as well.

The biggest question is- how should I go about using these products to get the best result. I'm not sure when to use the creatine, I heard some are to be used during the workout and some before or even after. There werent any directions on when to use it on the label. Given those 4 products, what do you suggest for a schedule?!

Lastly, specifics on creatine use would be appreciated since its new to me. I'm definately sticking with just 5g a day, but want advice on how/what/when to take it. Also if you could explain what the difference is between some of the creatine products, I got this one specifically b/c its a 35 dollar product and I got it for 8. Any advice/info you might have on the specific product I got -Mega Creatine Extreme- would be appreciated as well. It contains 5g creatine mono and 1g beta alanine per serving.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. If I'm not able to pick up a gainer cheap next time around I'll definately look into making my own, thanks for the recipes.
    Last edited by Co0ter; 06-08-2009 at 02:22 PM.

bump

bump2

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is creatine in superpump so you will not need to take a regular monohydrate due to that .

If you want to take creatine pre/intra/post that is personal preference.

Once you run out of superpump take 5g of creatine on workout days which is all you need to saturate cells for increased ATP production.

barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take Cytogainer and it doesn't build fat for me. Excess calories build fat, whether you take Cytogainer or another gainer, excess will build fat. Example, if you only took 1 serving a day and didn't eat anything else you will not build fat, so Cytogainer does not build fat. Anything taken in excess will build fat. People who say Cytogainer or any other weight gainer builds fat probably don't know the exact number of calories they are taking.
    Another example: Give the person who says Cytogainer builds fat another weight gainer from a different company, and they will say that builds fat too. Its not the product, its the person who is taking it without having much knowledge of what they are really doing.

CytoGainer in milk taste great to me, but don't get the cookies n cream flavor.

I can't seem to find how much creatine actually is in SP250?!

CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CarpeDiem89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Roughly 1g of creatine I was told.
    "I'm a cop you idiots! I'm detective John Kimble." - Arnold