Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lack Major Motivation

I need help, as i lack major motivation for eating right and exercising.

I seem to skip meals and not prepare meals because I am not motivated enough to do so. I workout 3x a week for at most 2-3 weeks and then stop for a few weeks. I workout in my garage by myself. Injuries do sometimes plague me, but mostly motivation for cooking up a meal and hitting the gym.

I am thinking of signing up to a local gym, where that might bring in some motivation. Anyone else got ideas to increase my motivations for eating and working out? Thanks heaps!

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Richoss View Post

I seem to skip meals and not prepare meals because I am not motivated enough to do so. I workout 3x a week for at most 2-3 weeks and then stop for a few weeks. I workout in my garage by myself. Injuries do sometimes plague me, but mostly motivation for cooking up a meal and hitting the gym.

I am thinking of signing up to a local gym, where that might bring in some motivation. Anyone else got ideas to increase my motivations for eating and working out? Thanks heaps!
    Set a goal. Dont just coast thru it.
    If you have a definite goal in mind it helps.
    M O O N spells LBM

http://youtu.be/ip7PPGS7TpE

Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Richoss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheLBM View Post
    Set a goal. Dont just coast thru it.
    If you have a definite goal in mind it helps.
    i think that may be a major problem, is setting clear goals with clear rewards

nuno81291 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    visualize yourself as you want to be. that is what gets me through preps/workouts.

can anyone help me set some goals, both bodybuilding and life wise, im just unsure on the best way to set, realism, tracking and what not. or if i can be directed to an article of some sort.

Ragnor187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you must set realistic goals, if you set yourself up for failure it can be devastating to your motivation and confidence especially if just starting out

set a weight goal (i want to weigh xxx by xx-xx-xxxx)

set goals for weight you want to do on bench rpess or one of your favorite excercises

and also come here alot i get my motivation by reading these posts and posting in response too

Originally Posted by Ragnor187 View Post
    you must set realistic goals, if you set yourself up for failure it can be devastating to your motivation and confidence especially if just starting out

set a weight goal (i want to weigh xxx by xx-xx-xxxx)

set goals for weight you want to do on bench rpess or one of your favorite excercises

and also come here alot i get my motivation by reading these posts and posting in response too
    thanks for the help ragnor

Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clifford-James is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I keep a journal of all my workouts. It can give you some motivation especially when you can look back six months and see how much you have improved. Also makes it easier to remember what exercise's you have done so you won't get bored doing the same thing over and over again.

Ragnor187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    NP friend, remember

If you wanna get it... You gotta want it

I find myself trying to skip meals just out of pure laziness this is where a good whey protein can help ya out

also if you are getting injured while working out try to keep in mind Quality over Quanity

good perfect form reps you may have to reduce weights but you will get a better pump and burn without possible injuries.
    Jack3d (old school)
    Musclepharm protein
    100 mg halo-25
    purus organshield

Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivarant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    meal prep is key it really helps with focus
    Watch My Weight Loss Journey
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MeOnlyBetter2013

GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GIGAJONES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Habits my friend. If you can stick it out for 10, 20 days, it's soooo much easier. It's sorta like a space ship. You have to burn a ton of willpower to get outside of the atmosphere, but once you're out, easy sailing to the moon. I'm on zero gravity right now.

coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You have to find your "Why". Why do you want to work out and it should be deeper than just wanting to get big, it should be something that drives you. Then you base your goals around that fire inside you. Listen to your favorite music when you workout, watch motivational videos and keep yourself accountable!

Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Richoss View Post

There are many things it could be. So I would just be shooting in the dark based on what I've read as to what would help you the most.

Here's a shot. Try asking yourself "would I rather?" questions. "Would I rather skip this meal and stay skinny and feel pathetic, or take 5 minutes to eat so I can reach my bodybuilding goals, look sexy, and feel awesome?"

Obviously, you'll need to find out your "whys"

What is the pain of staying the same and what is the pleasure of making a change?

Get clear on WHY you want to eat right and exercise, and then remind yourself of those things with a "would I rather" type of question.

This is an extremely brief exercise, but hopefully it gets you going.

What do you feel is the biggest thing holding you back?
    Get my free motivational fat loss and muscle building guide for busy people @ excuseproof.com.

Author of "50 Fitness Tips You Wish You Knew" and "How To Stick To A Diet"