Dark_Persona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark_Persona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Problem with breathing

For over 5 years I have difficulty breathing through my nose. Appearently it is slightly crooked inside and blocks breathing 90%.

Couple years back I had a surgery which improved it only by 10-20%. Baiscaly a failed surgery.

I hear it is much more beneficial to breath through nose than mouth wehn lifting and when doing cardio.

So is breathing through my mouth during exercises OK? I am trying nasal sprays, nose strips etc but am not going do a surgery again because recovery was hell.

PS. This health issue has caused me an anxiety disorder.

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's perfectly normal to breath through your mouth when exercising. I think you'd be hard pushed to find someone who exclusive breathes through their nose when doing cardio. During exercise you breath faster and deeper and the mouth is a bigger inlet for the air, so you breath through it.

It is beneficial however to breath through your nose for the rest of the time, but this isn't an enormous deal.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wolfbaden6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP do you have a deviated septum?

Also, breathing through the nose is better at warming, cleaning, and moistening the air entering your body, but there's nothing wrong with inhaling via the mouth.
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128207401

"You know, you surround yourself with a lot of positive role models and over time, enough of 'em will inspire you to do the right thing." - Phil Pfister

"You went full Crossfit man. Never go full Crossfit." - Burningnun

gethuger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gethuger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gethuger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gethuger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gethuger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gethuger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gethuger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gethuger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds like you dont have much of a choice. but if all you really need is others' approval to ease your anxiety then yes its ok to breath through your mouth. everyone has their own set of problems and hurdles. if that is the most of your worries then your much better off then most of the people on this particular part of the forum.
    so in conclusion...yur all good bro. if you cant breath through your nose...breath through your mouth. its not a problem that will keep you from achieving any of your fitness goals.

Dark_Persona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dark_Persona has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wolfbaden6 View Post
    OP do you have a deviated septum?

yes