NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

NASM as second certification

Hello folks,

I got my ISSA roughly six months ago. I initially chose ISSA due to its flexibility and the fact that I wanted to get a "good enough" cert so I can immediately get in the industry and get my feet wet. Now that I have been training clients for six months, I've had exposure on real-life expectations.

ALL my clients have been out of shape, overweight individuals who led sedentary lifestyle and absolutely had no knowledge of fitness. I've never had a "bodybuilder" trainee who wanted to get jacked up for the beach.

I'm having a great time turning deconditioned individuals into healthy ones. Having said this, I wouldn't mind of all my clients in the future belong in this category. Realistically, this is probably what the future holds for me, seeing that 80% of the people where I live are considered overweight. (I know that nationally, the number is roughly 60%. But here, it's way more than that. I swear.)

Because I am committed to the profession, and I owe it to my clients to be the best, and most-knowledgable trainer I can be, I am ready to "upgrade" my cert, although I do plan to stick with ISSA. The gym where I work also has connections with local chiropractors and physical therapists. This means that I can expect to have future clients coming off rehab. In fact, I am training one now who had shoulder surgery a year ago.

For the longest time I considered either NSCA or NASM. But I've been doing some research and it appears that NASM will fit the needs of my clients.

Just wanted input from trainers with NSCA and / or NASM certs. Thank you.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    please see the sticky above