James2366 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Clicking Right Shoulder

When I do front or lateral raises my right shoulder clicks and does start to ache if i push it. I want to build up my shoulders but dont think its doing it any good making it click everytime i work on it.
    Is there any other shoulder exercises I could do to still build up the same muscle but not having to do front or lateral raises?

Thanks

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you warming up properly?

It used to happen to me when I didn't warm-up my joints properly.

ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ccavayero40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

lightweight

I had the same problem after several years of football. I dont exactly know all the science behind everything, but for me, going very lightweight for front and lateral raises helped me a lot. Also work on strengthening the tendons in your shoulder. After a while, the clicking stops and you should be able to do a full shoulder workout pain-free.
    "Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

"Lightweight Babay!"

JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Take a multi with joint support like orange triad. My shoulders used to ache and click, but since I started taking OT my joints feel great!

21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 21Classic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds similar to a rotator cuff injury. I had a somewhat severe one. Any pushing motion, and it gets very tight and a dull pain throughout the movement. and if you windmill your arm it clicks and pops repeatedly.

I doubt you have a tear since its excruciating, but get it checked out just in case.

user above suggested OT, thats a great joint health vit. that id also rec.

Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by James2366 View Post
    When I do front or lateral raises my right shoulder clicks and does start to ache if i push it. I want to build up my shoulders but dont think its doing it any good making it click everytime i work on it.
    Is there any other shoulder exercises I could do to still build up the same muscle but not having to do front or lateral raises?

Thanks
    Get rid of shoulder day for 2 weeks.

Start a rotater cuff programs

Use only machines for chest for 1 month

Yes, I'm speaking from expercience.

chipbuttyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Paumen View Post

Yes, I'm speaking from expercience.
    Hi Could you point me in some form of shoulder program for rotater cuff problems, as I have the same problem and I'm using maxmuscle ache-free supp's and it's not having much effect. I'm getting dull/stiff pain in both shoulders and the pain is worse when sleeping. I'll look into buying orange triad and see how it goes...but any advice would really be helpfull.

Thanks
    Chipbuttyman

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DaRk LuCiFeR View Post
    Are you warming up properly?

It used to happen to me when I didn't warm-up my joints properly.
    exactly. same here. Warm up with high reps of a light weight. Maybe even two warm up sets if necessary. Not worth the risk if you're gonna be hurtin you're shoulders.

Also, could be that the rotator cuff needs strengthening. After strengthening mine a bit (figured I had to since i hurt it a few times from playing too much arm wrestling in junior high and high school), it helped with that. Might wanna take 3 weeks off training the shoulders and then begin light training for them to get the blood in there and finish the routine with a move or two to strengthen the rotator cuffs. Of course, IMO, that means you should train delts last in the week, before a rest day or two, and then the first muscle you should hit on the next week should be legs, and then chest if the shoulders still ain't recovered. That way you give them maximum recovery time. Don't wanna overload on the delt work when you're working the rotator cuffs, IMO.

After two or three months of that, should take two weeks off and then go back to whatever routine you were doin before and see if it helped any, and as always make sure to warm up properly...IMO, a good warmup for delts is 20 reps with a light weight (probably something you could do 30-40 reps with) for front raises, laterals, and bent over laterals. Sometimes I do 12 reps of each in succession and then do the same thing again right away so that it's like one continuous circuit and it helps get the blood in there and gets them ready to hit the heavy stuff. I also like doing a little warm-up set of DB shrugs right after that...dunno why, just feels good, lol...and then sometimes another warm up set of shrugs after I finish delts and get ready to start traps.

This is all anecdotal of course though. If it's somethin serious, you might wanna get your shoulder checked out.

Originally Posted by Paumen View Post

Yes, I'm speaking from experience.
    I also noticed that using machines on chest day helped while I was doin that. I guess cus they don't stretch the pecs all the way(at least the ones in my gym don't) so I didn't have to put my arms all the way back like you'd normally do with a BB or DB and the rotator cuff came into play much less.

Also, after delt days (back then like I said, i had it on the last day of the week) i'd do some slow arm windmills(not super wide like I seen some folks do, just a really small circle) and slowly sped up the pace at which I did them as the circulation got to the shoulders(don't wanna go really fast right from the start and risk hurtin the shoulders). I'd do like 2-3 sets forward and 2-3 sets backward, with like 100-120 reps, or "revolutions" in this case I guess, per set. Seemed to be a good addition, IMO.
    Last edited by stealth_swimmer; 06-04-2009 at 12:36 PM.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    exactly. same here. Warm up with high reps of a light weight. Maybe even two warm up sets if necessary. Not worth the risk if you're gonna be hurtin you're shoulders.
    Hey bro. Nice to know you've dropped a few pounds.

Good job!