ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADDicted2Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question is it ok to workout at night?

Before I go to bed, I like to work on my pushups and do a few but I was wondering if it's a good idea to do that at night? Is it ok to do any exercises at night?

momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10) momthebomb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The best time to workout is the time when you get your workout in on a regular basis.

I think it's okay as long as you get a good sleep in after.

triks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it is okay to do them at night but they are not as affective. also, if you do them at night you may have trouble sleeping as you will get yourself very active
    [url=http://infinitewellnesssolutions.com]wellness programs[/url]

debuchaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debuchaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debuchaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debuchaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debuchaun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by triks View Post
    it is okay to do them at night but they are not as affective. also, if you do them at night you may have trouble sleeping as you will get yourself very active
    i think..training in the morning is best for mass gaining.thats from my experience.i train around the evening for shedding fat cause i just want to sleep after my training
    Devin Chaco

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by triks View Post
    I disagree that training at night isn't as affective. I do almost all my strength training at night and I've had no issues with gaining some nice mass. The best time to train is a time you're most likely to stick with. Just make sure it's early enough that it isn't interfering with sleep (if that becomes an issue).
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50) deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50) deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50) deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50) deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50) deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50) deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50) deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50) deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50) deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50) deawalsh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ADDicted2Fit View Post
    Before I go to bed, I like to work on my pushups and do a few but I was wondering if it's a good idea to do that at night? Is it ok to do any exercises at night?
    As long as you exercise, the best time is when YOU have the time. personally, i've never been able to exercise at night cuz i can't get to sleep for hours after that, so i workout in the morning. but i know lots of people , on the opposite, that working out at night help them to sleep. so if it fits better in your schedul to workout at night, then go ahead, there's no "perfect" time.
    'Victory belongs to the most persevering.'
    -Napolean Bonaparte

'Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.'
    -Jim Rohn

EATING,TRAINING,SLEEPING...and repeat!!

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There isn't really a universal "best" answer for this. A time that you'll stick to it is the best answer. But there are some things to take into consideration if you have the freedom to move your workouts around a bit:

Early evening is supposed to generally be the "best" time to lift heavy weights because it typcally balances factors like:

*Cortisol to testosterone is at it's lowest (test peaks in the morning, but so does cortisol...throughout the day cortisol drops off more than testosterone making the ratio of test to cortisol higher later in the day)

*Joints and ligaments aren't loose (not a great thing for your spine to wake up and start doing heavy squats or deads ).

*Core temperature is up

*More opportunity to get the appropriate pre-workout nutriton

But other things you need to take into consideration are the things people have mentioned like whether you'll be working out so late that it'll make it difficult to sleep and whether working out too late will make it difficult for you to get the appropriate POST-workout nutrition. Busting out a few pushups isn't going to require anything extra nutritionally, really, but if you do a hardcore workout PWO nutrition is important.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only thing I would be concerned about is that your body may not be suitably warm when you go to "crank out a few" and you may end up with injury.
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

Bulking towards fatdom bouncingpuka's Avatar
    bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50) bouncingpuka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, I always work out at night, because that's when I find the perfect time to fit it in. I have classes until around eight, and then I head off to the gym while I eat my pre-workout protein carb pancake. Then I hurry home and have my dinner as my post workout meal, taking advantage of the carbs to have that dose of serotonin release to help me sleep.....(of course, I have my almond and peanut butter cottage cheese in bed!!!!!)

So, as above mentioned, there is no RIGHT or WRONG time to workout....everyone's different biologically speaking but also on a practical basis, like people who work mornings and people who work evenings etc....:-) find what works for you! And keep it as consistent as possible

SprintAllDay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just remember to eat something

Sometimes after I worked out at in the evening and I forgot to eat after, the next morning I just felt exhausted when I woke up. So I believe your muscle breaks down faster after your workout if it doesn't receive any nutrients. I usually drink some milk after I work out in the evening. I never eat carbs though. But this is just me, other people might have a different experience.

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think the best time to lift is when you can be consistent and dedicated and actually do it.

Also, this is not a nutrition question.

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

jenny6616 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think it good, i do exercises at night, and it help me sleep very well. if you do exercise to loseweight i think you should do in the morning or afternoon( 5-6pm)

rangers234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle

Surely evening at night is the best time to sleep aslong as you can sleep that is? that's when the muscle grows when your resting no?

Noritta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think it will negatively effect your gains as long as you sleep well in the night.
    I sometimes go to the gym in the evening but prefer to go around the noon since it messes my sleep.

gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000) gailh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in my hectic world anytime i can fit a workout in is a good time!