Rhodlc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Finding the perfect bench press

The other day I was working out in the gym, on the bench press, and I saw a guy who was on the same machine but I saw that he was taking the bar with his hands very close. And I wondered if the position of the hands can affect the way you workout the chest

What do you think guys? how do you bench?
    Wide grip? Close grip? High on chest? Low on chest?

DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50) DavidUnderhand will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    By machine I hope you mean bench. And yes ... your grip will affect what muscles are worked. This is a generalization ... but the closer your hands are the more involved your triceps are and the less your pectoral muscles are.
    Bench: 230. Squat:375. Deadlift:375. OHP:175 (Not Max). Pullup: +65. @165. 1/28/15

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DavidUnderhand View Post
    By machine I hope you mean bench. And yes ... your grip will affect what muscles are worked. This is a generalization ... but the closer your hands are the more involved your triceps are and the less your pectoral muscles are.
    This - the closer the grip, the greater the shoulder/tricep involvement. Tucking the elbows in also increases tricep involvement.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.