blackman4now has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hamstring or Quad Injury and recovery.

Okay, so I think I have pulled a hamstring or aggravated a quad, and I am asking for help or advice on how to rehab it properly.

Symptoms:
    1) When on the leg press maching, at (just before)full extension/lockout, my left leg is trembling under any weight while my right leg is fine.

2) When standing up and stretching, I can lift my right knee up in the air forming a right angle and then extend out my right leg making it perpendicular to my left leg, and parallel to the floor. I can lift my left knee up also, but I can only extend my left leg out a few degrees before my quad/hamstring area is in excruitiating pain. I'm am not able to fully extend my left leg out in front of me.

3) When doing leg raises for my lower abs, (lying on my back). I feel a slight pain in my left hamstring when lifting my legs past 10 degrees of the floor.

Now the crazy thing is I run alot. And it doesn't seem to aggravate me during my 5x a week cardio sessions of 3 miles in 30minutes.

I need to know how to repair, rehab, recover this asap as I just upped my training and I don't want to stall on my legs.
    I'm committed, its my lifestyle.
    Every choice you make is either advancing your progress towards your goals or getting in the way of them.
    Pershing Rifleman

Have faith in God.

Registered Camel Eater low blow's Avatar
    low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000) low blow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by blackman4now View Post
    Okay, so I think I have pulled a hamstring or aggravated a quad, and I am asking for help or advice on how to rehab it properly.

Symptoms:
    1) When on the leg press maching, at (just before)full extension/lockout, my left leg is trembling under any weight while my right leg is fine.

2) When standing up and stretching, I can lift my right knee up in the air forming a right angle and then extend out my right leg making it perpendicular to my left leg, and parallel to the floor. I can lift my left knee up also, but I can only extend my left leg out a few degrees before my quad/hamstring area is in excruitiating pain. I'm am not able to fully extend my left leg out in front of me.

3) When doing leg raises for my lower abs, (lying on my back). I feel a slight pain in my left hamstring when lifting my legs past 10 degrees of the floor.

Now the crazy thing is I run alot. And it doesn't seem to aggravate me during my 5x a week cardio sessions of 3 miles in 30minutes.

I need to know how to repair, rehab, recover this asap as I just upped my training and I don't want to stall on my legs.

seriously.....just stop doing anything that aggravtes it

the only advice i can give is to see a doctor, it could be a lot of different things.