Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding

AlexG. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Breastfeeding

Hi there, im new to the forums and i have a question...Does anyone know if u can take in protein powder while breastfeeding and which type and how much protein is ok to take in...I was told that im not supposed to but id like the get other opinions on this. Also which other supplements should i stay away from while breastfeeding...

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Out of curiosity, who told you that you couldn't use protein powder while breastfeeding?

It's perfectly fine, no different than if you weren't breastfeeding. I breastfed two kids, one for a year, and had plenty of protein shakes.

You wouldn't want to take supplements such as fat burners or any stimulants.

it was a male friend..he said his wife who breasfed 2 kids could not take in protein powder...not sure why though...im assuming because protein powder contain so many additives such as extra vitamins, glutamine, artificial sweetners....Do u know if i can take glutamine? i definetely know to stay away from fat burners but is there anything i can take to give me extra energy when i start doing my cardio??

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are breastfeeding can you eat at McDonald's? What about those overly processed, chemically preserved frozen meals? I think it's pretty funny that society gets so concerned about protein powder vs. the other crap they eat considering the typical American diet.

I personally try not to depend on protein powder too much because of the artifical sweetener...and I'm not breastfeeding. I just don't like the way constantly pounding myself with artificial sweeteners makes me feel over time. To get whey (and casein) without the artificial sweeteners you might consider eating cottage cheese or fat free greek yogurt (plain). Both are tasty mixed or blended with fruit. Just check the ingredient list of whatever you buy to make sure it's a natural product.

The other things found in it, are things that you will be consuming throughout the day anyway. For example, if you eat animal products or vegetables like spinach, brussels sprouts, kale, celery, carrots etc...you're going to be eating glutamine. If you were to purchase plain whey protein with no flavoring or additives, the only reason I could think a doctor would really discourage it's use is out of fear that you'd use it as a meal replacement and not eat enough. So, make sure you're getting your protein from a variety of sources and that you're getting a good variety of complex carbs, fats, fruits and vegetables as well.

DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There's no reason why you can't consume protein powder, whether it's whey or casein, etc. etc. If you were feeding your baby formula, it's made from whey, so why wouldn't you be able to? I know, that's a separate discussion, and good for you for breastfeeding your baby. The potential problems with supplements of any kind are the artificial additives and flavors, not the whey itself. Go for something natural/organic without the additional junk. Optimum Nutrition makes some natural versions of the 100% Whey and Pro Complex, albeit in limited flavors (choc/van/straw). They're good, my wife (who is breastfeeding now) and I both use them.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Of course you can use protein powder while breastfeeding. I'd love to see any research which shows you can't. When you consider the huge variety of things which women eat all over the world, and they still breastfeed successfully, you wonder at some of the weird things people come out with. In fact, it seems to me that societies which have lists of things you must avoid while breastfeeding tend to have a much lower breastfeeding rate.

The general rule is that you can eat or drink or take anything which is ever available in a paediatric version or formula. So protein powder which is available as baby formula, is absolutely fine. Same with vitamins or minerals or supplements like fish oil. Most OTC medicines are ok too. You can eat cabbage, beans, onions, coffee and alcohol.

The main things to avoid are hard drugs (duh!), a couple of antibiotics (the older ones are usually fine, ask your doc), chemo and radiation drugs, some anti-depressants. Some herbs may affect your milk supply (fenugreek improves it, sage reduces it).
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I started breastfeeding I contacted the manufacturer of the supplements I use most over here to ask what supplements I could use during breastfeeding.... and I was told that I could use a basic (unmessed about with) protein powder... not one for weight loss or mass building etc..... none of their other supplements were suitable...
    But there is no reason not to use a protein supplement, especially if your regular diet may be a little deficient.... I know that even using it and eating well that my muscle mass has fallen away dramatically since the end of my pregnancy and especially in the breastfeeding...
    All the best....
    Getting there slowly.... and slowlier

OK... so all my stats are rubbish at the moment...

DL - 220lbs.... finally... still aiming for 330....

BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AlexG. View Post
    it was a male friend..he said his wife who breasfed 2 kids could not take in protein powder...not sure why though...
    She could have had some underlying condition that made it bad for HER, other than that I have no clue why someone wouldn't be able to have protein powder.

im assuming because protein powder contain so many additives such as extra vitamins, glutamine, artificial sweetners....
    There's nothing wrong with vitamins or glutamine during breastfeeding. It's always good to limit artificial sweeteners though. I personally use a protein powder that is sweetened with stevia.

Do u know if i can take glutamine?
    Yes you can.

i definetely know to stay away from fat burners but is there anything i can take to give me extra energy when i start doing my cardio??
    Not that I know of, any kind of stimulant is going to pass into your breastmilk. Are you lacking energy due to lost sleep? Once my daughter started sleeping well thru the night I no longer had any issues with feeling too tired or energy less.

IronMom is just really nice. (+1000) IronMom is just really nice. (+1000) IronMom is just really nice. (+1000) IronMom is just really nice. (+1000) IronMom is just really nice. (+1000) IronMom is just really nice. (+1000) IronMom is just really nice. (+1000) IronMom is just really nice. (+1000) IronMom is just really nice. (+1000) IronMom is just really nice. (+1000) IronMom is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AlexG. View Post
    Hi there, im new to the forums and i have a question...Does anyone know if u can take in protein powder while breastfeeding and which type and how much protein is ok to take in...I was told that im not supposed to but id like the get other opinions on this. Also which other supplements should i stay away from while breastfeeding...
    I'm Breastfeeding now and I take a natural protein powder to cut down on the chemicals. I would read the ingredients but IMHO it's safe. I wouldn't however take Creatine etc.
    "The world needs fighters; people who keep trying, have hope, and make an effort." Eve Blohm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I want to be an inspiration to all women. I've overcom many of life's challenges both physically and emotionally and came out on top! If I can do it, anyone can.

Ok thnx everyone Does anyone know a good protein powder that is sweetened with stevia? My favorite protein is Isoflex by Allmax but id rather get something thats not sweetened with artificial sweetners while breastfeeding.

DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistinctChoice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Being in Toronto, you'll want to check out Popeye's Supplements for the Optimum Nutrition's line of natural products:

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/prod...ucts-c-11.html

RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by BuffedWildCat View Post
    There's nothing wrong with vitamins or glutamine during breastfeeding. It's always good to limit artificial sweeteners though. I personally use a protein powder that is sweetened with stevia.

Yes you can.
    Breastfeeding women should not use any type of single amino acid or bcaas during breastfeeding. the amino acid content of the breastmilk can be changed and cause the baby to develop a deficiency of certain amino acids. AAs are asorbed in competition and if the ratio is off, you can produce a deficiency. same thing can happen with adults, but with children it is going to be more severe. also sometimes protein powders are not recommended b/c of the potential of the protein becoming an allergen for the infant.

so go slow and watch for any reactions with your child. if you notice more fussiness, rashes, etc. you should consult your physician and tell them what you have been consuming.

there are several protein powders with stevia in them. just do a google search for them.
    www.RDFinders.com

Come check out my workouts and progress in my online journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=305088761#post305088761

It is my progression for qualifying for November's Nationals in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As long as your baby is not sensitive to dairy proteins you are fine to have the protein powder. My daughter was sensitive to dairy protein (it's the proteins NOT the lactose) and so I eliminated MOST dairy (not micro-amounts), and can't take protein powder.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I didn't notice you were in Canada. Check with Dr Jack Newman, the world's leading guru on breastfeeding and a really nice man. He'll answer any questions you have. He's also got a website www.drjacknewman.com

Originally Posted by RDFinders View Post
    Breastfeeding women should not use any type of single amino acid or bcaas during breastfeeding. the amino acid content of the breastmilk can be changed and cause the baby to develop a deficiency of certain amino acids. AAs are asorbed in competition and if the ratio is off, you can produce a deficiency. same thing can happen with adults, but with children it is going to be more severe. also sometimes protein powders are not recommended b/c of the potential of the protein becoming an allergen for the infant.
    Do you have any references for these statements? I know that some infants can be sensitive to dairy proteins but I would like to read some scientific data particularly on the other statements you posted please. I consider this type of info important, so I definitely want to have all the correct information. Thanks.

Protein powder sweetened with stevia: http://www.vitacost.com Search for NSI Whey Protein Complex.
    Last edited by BuffedWildCat; 06-06-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bluelinersgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm breastfeeding my daughter (going on 14 months now!) and I've been using a protein powder sweetened with stevia (sp?)(since I'm breastfeeding I'm EXTRA paranoid about the artificial stuff) I was injured and couldn't workout until 9 months postpartum, so I wasn't using a protein powder then... but have been since, so I can say with some certainty that I haven't noticed any effects of it on my daughter, she's growing fine, not too fussy (unless she's teething), ridiculously smart (we stopped keeping track of new words at 50 and she wasn't even 14 months yet!), coordinated, etc. And while I FULLY believe that supplementing with protein isn't harmful to her in any way... I also believe that it couldn't even come close to formula feeding as far as harmful effects!

I've tried NOW foods chocolate protein powder and Optimum Nutrition's 100% Natural Chocolate protein powder, the Optimum Nutrition's brand tastes a lot better.

RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RDFinders is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by BuffedWildCat View Post
    Do you have any references for these statements? I know that some infants can be sensitive to dairy proteins but I would like to read some scientific data particularly on the other statements you posted please. I consider this type of info important, so I definitely want to have all the correct information. Thanks.

Protein powder sweetened with stevia: http://www.vitacost.com Search for NSI Whey Protein Complex.
    It was something I learned during my internship at WIC, esp on the bcaas and glutamine. Protein powders are a real issue, but the mothers have to be very sensitive to any changes to her infant if she is using them. B/c they are so concentrated they inc the risk of allergies.
    www.RDFinders.com

It is my progression for qualifying for November's Nationals in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

Originally Posted by RDFinders View Post
    It was something I learned during my internship at WIC, esp on the bcaas and glutamine. Protein powders are a real issue, but the mothers have to be very sensitive to any changes to her infant if she is using them. B/c they are so concentrated they inc the risk of allergies.
    It's possible, but I reckon this is up there with avoiding peanut butter and soya while breastfeeding. Yes, it's possible that it might have a slight effect on allergy risk for a small number, but not for the average person. Watch the baby to check for signs of discomfort or reaction.

Bear in mind that worldwide, the average weaning age is four years, and in those four years, women have eaten an awful lot of possible allergens.

Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    It's possible, but I reckon this is up there with avoiding peanut butter and soya while breastfeeding. Yes, it's possible that it might have a slight effect on allergy risk for a small number, but not for the average person. Watch the baby to check for signs of discomfort or reaction.

Bear in mind that worldwide, the average weaning age is four years, and in those four years, women have eaten an awful lot of possible allergens.
    I think that's what I had already said in my initial post about the protein powders - to watch for any reactions...........
    www.RDFinders.com

Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I didn't notice you were in Canada. Check with Dr Jack Newman, the world's leading guru on breastfeeding and a really nice man. He'll answer any questions you have. He's also got a website www.drjacknewman.com
    I concur.

odin666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good work!

just wanna say good work to all the mum who are breast feeding and keeping fit 100% support

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Am finding it a bit weird that a 21 year old guy is searching the female forum for breastfeeding.

odin666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ohhhhhhh

My partner breastfeeds and i went to Google looking up protein powders and (and vitamins) but the first thing that came up the most searched thing is protein powders and breast feeding so i gave it a read. and told my missus. she was on powders but stopped sometime before we conceived out daughter . also where i am from no breastfeeds really its extremely uncomman

The short answer is that there is virtually nothing (with the exception of a few drugs, mostly things like chemo) which is not compatible with breastfeeding. Anything which is ever given to a baby in a paediatric form is fine for the mother. So protein powder, which is a grown up version of baby formula, is fine.

Tell her to check out Dr Jack Newman www.drjacknewman.com or www.kellymom.com or www.uppitysciencechick.com. They are all brilliant website with up-to-the-minute research on breastfeeding and anything related to it.

VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VolleyCoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its great to see other women on here who have breastfed in the past or are currently breastfeeding. :-)

My son is 9 month and we are still bf’ing. He’s had some issues w/ reflux when I started introducing solids. I was so happy I bf’ed b/c he never had any probs w/ the breastmilk. I knew that while he had some issues w/ solids, he was still getting all of the necessary nutrients from the milk. I have been using a protein powder since he was 4 months old, typically 1/day. I haven’t seen any negative reactions in him from the protein powder.
    "Good character is more to be praised than outstanding talent. Most talents are, to some extent, a gift. Good character, by contrast, is not given to us. We have to build it, piece by piece -by thought, choice, courage, and determination.” -H.J. Brown

“Whether you believe you can or whether you believe you can’t, you are right.” -Henry Ford

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by odin666 View Post
    My partner breastfeeds and i went to Google looking up protein powders and (and vitamins) but the first thing that came up the most searched thing is protein powders and breast feeding so i gave it a read. and told my missus. she was on powders but stopped sometime before we conceived out daughter . also where i am from no breastfeeds really its extremely uncomman
    Haha ok We sometimes get creepers in here.

Even when women smoke, it is still recommended they breastfeed. I used protein powder when breastfeeding myself just for the calories when I had zero time to cook.

I had to stop because it turns out my son had a dairy allergy and since I already had so many tubs of protein powder I didn't want to go out and buy another soy one.

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    because i dont eat red meat, my OB encouraged me to continue with protein powders while pregnant. now that my pumpkin butt is here (and 5 months old) i still continue with them immediately post partum, the protein shakes were great when i felt like there was no time to eat, but was so hungry! i'm pumping at my desk as i type this. i will still have protein after my workout and sometimes before bed. my daughter is doing well. healthy, strong. meeting all of her milestones. i am not taking anything additional other than the prenatal vitamins and dha supplement
    I'm gonna be one to watch in 2012. Just wait and see.

Dirty Old Uncle Sam Likes His Women Fit and Trim
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136368681&page=1

*Team Amazon* Sisterhood of Iron

Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I drank protein powder when I was breastfeeding my 2nd child. The only problems I could see happening is constipation.
    Celebrating the birth of my 3rd crotch dropping :)

Women on WIC can get baby formula free. The advice from the experts is that instead of feeding it to the baby, the women should take the formula themselves, and breastfeed the baby. Actually, they say to use it to bake with, because it tastes horrible.

maymay2327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yes and no

I have a 9mo and am trying to get into shape so i am looking into all of this type of stuff as well.. i pay attention to everything i eat and how it affects my baby. people who do eat fast food while nursing probably dont pay attention to how it affects them or the baby.. I cant eat fast food because it will give my baby a rash. I cant eat to much of food with high iron because my husband and i naturally have high iron and so does my baby. So i had to find a all natural protien with no iron added.. no matter what u take if its sometging your body produces dont take it too lo.g with out breaks because it can stop your body from producing it. now looking up bcaa, and glutamine i found this..
    You should never take BCAA if you are pregnant or
    nursing a baby. BCAA has an adverse reaction on infants causing liver damage as well as releasing insulin from the pancreas, which can lead to low blood sugar in your infant. While there seems to be no adverse reaction to the mother, the baby gets whato you get while it is in the womb and if you are nursing.