Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breastfeeding

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you any evidence that BCAA causes problems for a nursing baby? I've never come across this.

While you do have to be very careful when pregnant, the rules are different for breastfeeding. Instead of harmful agents being transmitted blood to blood across only only barrier, it's completely different when you are breastfeeding. Stuff goes from your stomach, to your blood, to the breasts (which filter a lot) to the milk, to the baby's stomach, to the blood. You'd be amazed at how many things which are banned in pregnancy, are fine in breastfeeding.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Registered User TabbySparks7118's Avatar
    TabbySparks7118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

I am a 31 year old mother of two. I am currently breastfeeding my 10 month old son. His physician advised at his first appointment that I have at least two protein shakes a day, with or without BCAA's. I also used protein while breastfeeding my daughter and she is a beautiful, strong, active, healthy 11 year old. Instead of cow's milk I used almond milk and my family doesn't have a strong history of allergies, food or otherwise. I came on here today to see if I can add D-Ribose and extra glutamine by itself (I've since moved from Florida to Georgia and we're no longer seeing that pediatrician). I am fully confident in my decision to use protein powders and I'm sure my pediatrician wouldn't have encouraged it so strongly if it weren't fine for most babies.

jessgmumof3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AlexG. View Post
    Hi there, im new to the forums and i have a question...Does anyone know if u can take in protein powder while breastfeeding and which type and how much protein is ok to take in...I was told that im not supposed to but id like the get other opinions on this. Also which other supplements should i stay away from while breastfeeding...
    I have wondered this, as well, just because the container says "DO NOT USE WHILE PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING." It's a whey protein, by Six Stars, I think. I asked his pediatrician, and he told me that he didn't see how it could hurt.