Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quarter Nelson will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Extreme tightness/pain in lower back from running.

Hey, I know this isn't as bad as a lot of the gruesome injuries you'll find here, but this is really hindering my training, to the point where I may have to give up running.

Anyway, I've never really had any problems with my back before, so this kinda surprises me.

Whenever I've tried to run lately, after about 600 meters I start to get a lot of pain in my lowerback. I'm thinking it's just tightness because when I poke my lower back, it just feels so much "harder" than any of my other muscle.

I tried doing a lot of stretching on my back beforehand, but it hasn't really helped.

I also feel it in my back during squats (between sets mostly), but it's not so bad that it hinders me with my lifting.

I just ran yesterday, and I had to stop after 3/4 miles because the pain was so bad. I wasn't even out of breath, it's just the pain.

here's where I feel it occurring:

Wanted to know of if any of you had advice. I'm a bit weary of family physicians when it comes to my injuries, but if I need to I'll see him (and he'll probably just refer me to someone else).

Thanks.
    PR's:
    Bench: 300 lbs
    Back Squat: 380 lbs
    Clean and Jerk: 130 kg (286 lbs)
    Snatch: 100 kg (220 lbs)
    Deadlift: 5 x 345 lbs

jaymatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you ever figure out what caused your back tightness?

I have been having this problem for months and can't seem to figure out the cause. I start to feel tightness in my back after jogging for 1-2 miles and then I feel very sore and extremely tired the next day. I do warm-ups and stretches before beginning and have been running for about 6 years on a regular basis.

It's very frustrating to have this pain/soreness, so I would appreciate any info that you have.

-JT

Originally Posted by Quarter Nelson View Post
    Hey, I know this isn't as bad as a lot of the gruesome injuries you'll find here, but this is really hindering my training, to the point where I may have to give up running.

Anyway, I've never really had any problems with my back before, so this kinda surprises me.

Whenever I've tried to run lately, after about 600 meters I start to get a lot of pain in my lowerback. I'm thinking it's just tightness because when I poke my lower back, it just feels so much "harder" than any of my other muscle.

I tried doing a lot of stretching on my back beforehand, but it hasn't really helped.

I also feel it in my back during squats (between sets mostly), but it's not so bad that it hinders me with my lifting.

I just ran yesterday, and I had to stop after 3/4 miles because the pain was so bad. I wasn't even out of breath, it's just the pain.

here's where I feel it occurring:

Wanted to know of if any of you had advice. I'm a bit weary of family physicians when it comes to my injuries, but if I need to I'll see him (and he'll probably just refer me to someone else).

Thanks.

watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think running is bad altogether. Every step you take you are putting extreme force on your joints and spine discs.

Fast walking is best unless you want to be running champion.
    -Roger Stone's on the loose; quislings on the run.
    -of Nolibs "Donald stumped him & everyone else in the race, even Lyin' Ted Cruz!"
    -Donald trump tears a hole,destroys my self esteem... And trump could win it all,my rightful place from birth,dad i've let you down,dub i've made you...hurt
    -Donald for a long time, Donald for a long time, Go tell that syphilis tongued liar
    -Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack,
    Through our DJT,
    we lit up the cucks,
    Like the fourth of July

watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000)
    PR's (all raw):
    Bench: 300
    Olympic Back Squat: 380
    Clean and Jerk: 270
    Snatch: 192
    Deadlift: 5 x 345

Also running.

You are putting heaps of risks on your spinal discs. Im sure at least some of these things you do arent perfect posture for your spine especially the oly lifts.
    -Roger Stone's on the loose; quislings on the run.
    -of Nolibs "Donald stumped him & everyone else in the race, even Lyin' Ted Cruz!"
    -Donald trump tears a hole,destroys my self esteem... And trump could win it all,my rightful place from birth,dad i've let you down,dub i've made you...hurt
    -Donald for a long time, Donald for a long time, Go tell that syphilis tongued liar
    -Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack,
    Through our DJT,
    we lit up the cucks,
    Like the fourth of July

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lower back pain during running generally has to do with 2 common factors:

1. Improper running technique (heel toe is incorrect)
    2. Weak glutes -- do activatin work and strengthen them.

For 1 you can use something like POSE or CHI runnign to teach you or you can run barefoot in the grass to reteach your body

For 2 see these:
    http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/noglutes.html
    http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...the_glute_myth

PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PearlSoap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by watertoy View Post
    I think running is bad altogether. Every step you take you are putting extreme force on your joints and spine discs.

Fast walking is best unless you want to be running champion.
    Why would one do fast walking...that is for old women. Can I ask, with fast walking, how one would get conditioned cardio wise???