Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    It wouldn't change a thing, not saying it would be optimal.

2000 calories = 2000 calories.
    I have to kind of agree. 2000 calories is 2000 calories. Not the best idea to do it all at once, but it makes sense.
    *whispers* "I'm going to order the grilled chicken, but I want you to ACCIDENTALLY bring me the lasagna." -ME :)

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gzlatin View Post
    You're saying it wouldn't be optimal but it wouldn't change a thing...you just contradicted yourself.

It does make a difference because you're spreading out your meals so you're less likely to overeat.
    I said it wouldn't change a thing on body composition. By not optimal I meant I'd be hungry the rest of the day or feel too full and have a ****ty workout.

When I'm not cutting I eat twice a day and it's working just fine.
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Angelkc22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Horse View Post
    Do you not see the connection betwen socialization, community, and dietary behavior?
    Dr. Phil, take it to another thread.
    *whispers* "I'm going to order the grilled chicken, but I want you to ACCIDENTALLY bring me the lasagna." -ME :)

fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What do you mean it doesn't change anything? Are you saying you should just eat one meal in the morning with 2000 calories and call it a day?
    Nice exaggeration. However, yes, if you want to eat one extremely large meal each day and not worry about eating the rest of the day, go for it. What do you think is going to happen? You've given your body food. It will do whatever it needs with it.

Sounds like it's time to find a new scene. (for more reasons than one)
    I agree. 26 years old and you still drink heavily on the weekends and hang out with people that sound like tools. Nice.

Originally Posted by fyre500 View Post
    Nice exaggeration. However, yes, if you want to eat one extremely large meal each day and not worry about eating the rest of the day, go for it. What do you think is going to happen? You've given your body food. It will do whatever it needs with it.

I agree. 26 years old and you still drink heavily on the weekends and hang out with people that sound like tools. Nice.
    Don't you have another prom or something to go to, boutonniere boy?

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Angelkc22 View Post
    Dr. Phil, take it to another thread.
    Chump don't want no help, chump don't get no help...

Last edited by Dr. Horse; 06-02-2009 at 02:13 PM.
    No sir, I don't like it.

papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol @ thread

Chump don?t want no help, chump don?t get no help...

I've gotten a lot of great advice on here from some very awesome people. You can keep wasting your time posting on here, but I'm not reading it because it's useless.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    It wouldn't change a thing, not saying it would be optimal.

2000 calories = 2000 calories.
    Okay, I don't want to get into a heated debate or anything, but that's not really true. Sure, in the big picture "calories in" minus "calories out" equals "net calorie gain". But by eating your calories over more meals you get advantages:

1. You can eat more carbs in the morning and post workout, when your body needs to replace muscle glycogen. This not only helps your workouts, but carbs eaten at these times are less likely to be turned to fat.

2. Large meals result in insulin spikes which in turn trigger fat storage. Smaller meals with less GI intensive foods result in smaller insulin spikes which trigger less fat storage.

3. Eating more often keeps your metabolism higher, which results in more total calories burned.

There is more, but that's an example. This isn't my opinion. Article after article has been written on this and pretty much every bodybuilder or nutritionist would tell you the same thing. They aren't all stupid. They do it cause it works.

Also, Daydreamer, you are young. What works for you may not work for those who's metabolism has slowed down some, like the OP.

So if you disagree, OK, but it's NOT the same to eat one big meal.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Okay, I don't want to get into a heated debate or anything, but that's not really true. Sure, in the big picture "calories in" minus "calories out" equals "net calorie gain". But by eating your calories over more meals you get advantages:

1. You can eat more carbs in the morning and post workout, when your body needs to replace muscle glycogen. This not only helps your workouts, but carbs eaten at these times are less likely to be turned to fat.

2. Large meals result in insulin spikes which in turn trigger fat storage. Smaller meals with less GI intensive foods result in smaller insulin spikes which trigger less fat storage.

3. Eating more often keeps your metabolism higher, which results in more total calories burned.

There is more, but that's an example. This isn't my opinion. Article after article has been written on this and pretty much every bodybuilder or nutritionist would tell you the same thing. They aren't all stupid. They do it cause it works.

Also, Daydreamer, you are young. What works for you may not work for those who's metabolism has slowed down some, like the OP.

Dammit. You just made me feel old.

Life=Red Sox/Pit Bulls NDame616's Avatar
    NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't you have another prom or something to go to, boutonniere boy?
    Please don't post insanely stupid questions than start to attack everyone who tells you something you don't want to hear. You're starting to be a word that starts with a "c" and sounds like hunt.

To drink 8 beers a night, twice a week, at 26 is a bit immature. Dr. Horse did bring up a good point. It says something about you and your friends if you have to hang out in that enviroment. It also says something about your personal outlook on your overall health....which clearly isn't a priority.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz

Cool

Dammit. You just made me feel old.
    Join the club.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always lose weight by almost starving myself and it works. I don't have the motivation to cut for 6 weeks and more. Just a preference I guess
    well thats unhealthy, and therefore ****ty advice

NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)

(you're lucky your stupid post is buried deep in a ****ty thread, because there's so much fail in this I don't know where to begin. Please, go read another Flex Magazine and come back)

Originally Posted by NDame616 View Post
    Please don't post insanely stupid questions than start to attack everyone who tells you something you don't want to hear. You're starting to be a word that starts with a "c" and sounds like hunt.

To drink 8 beers a night, twice a week, at 26 is a bit immature. Dr. Horse did bring up a good point. It says something about you and your friends if you have to hang out in that enviroment. It also says something about your personal outlook on your overall health....which clearly isn't a priority.
    Where I go to socialize is none of your business, but thanks for your advice. You sound like a very nice person. I bet Jesus loves you.

Registered User LatinoMusculito's Avatar
    LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think OP should eat @ 2000 calories for 4 weeks and get back to us.

OP, be honest with yourself, how consistent have you been in the past?

Do 4 weeks strict, no drinking, exercise hard, lift more, cardio after weights. and 4 weeks straight. No 2 week, strict, binge, drink cycle.
    "A man becomes what he thinks about."

Citius, Altius, Fortius Olympique's Avatar
    Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Olympique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

The bro is strong in your posts. STFU.

Edit: Very entertaining thread.
    Last edited by Olympique; 06-02-2009 at 02:26 PM.
    Ultimate goal: to engage in a healthy lifestyle which I can sustain and enjoy for
    the rest of my existence. No "diets", no "cycles". Just constantly improve.

Let no one persuade you by word or deed to do or say whatever is not best for you.

Where I go to socialize is none of your business, but thanks for your advice. You sound like a very nice person. I bet Jesus loves you.
    So now we are bringing Jesus into this thread? Wow....I don't think I've ever seen that before!!

You asked a question ABOUT your social life, actually. You drink beers when you socialize, and you asked questions about your drinking habits. They are the same thing. It's like asking for advice about a workout plan, but we can't comment on the exercises you choose.

Originally Posted by LatinoMusculito View Post
    I think OP should eat @ 2000 calories for 4 weeks and get back to us.

OP, be honest with yourself, how consistent have you been in the past?

Do 4 weeks strict, no drinking, exercise hard, lift more, cardio after weights. and 4 weeks straight. No 2 week, strict, binge, drink cycle.
    thats what I plan to do. ps- thanks for sticking to the question at hand and not getting sucked into all the BS.

So now we are bringing Jesus into this thread? Wow....I don't think I've ever seen that before!!

You asked a question ABOUT your social life, actually. You drink beers when you socialize, and you asked questions about your drinking habits. They are the same thing. It's like asking for advice about a workout plan, but we can't comment on the exercises you choose.
    I would love to spend a Friday night hanging out in your mom's basement playing Dungeons and Dragons and talking about touching a boob, but I'm still waiting on the invite, hot stuff.

knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000) knox07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fyre500 View Post
    Actually, it was for my wedding, dumbass. Yes, I'm married. Something you will probably never experience, fatty.
    999 posts... up it to a grand here real quick

Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No sir, I don't like it.

Future American Gladiator jwright715's Avatar
    jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwright715 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thats what I plan to do. ps- thanks for sticking to the question at hand and not getting sucked into all the BS.
    I agree with this, I finally started getting into the best shape ive been in when i stopped making excuses for myself. Pass that mcdonalds regardless if the McChicken is 'better' than what you usually order; esp since you admitted that hasnt worked before. Its not easy to hear but you need to buckle down and start 'living the lifestyle' so to speak. No excuses. Once you see the results you'll be happier with yourself and the choices will be easier to make.

Originally Posted by jwright715 View Post
    I agree with this, I finally started getting into the best shape ive been in when i stopped making excuses for myself. Pass that mcdonalds regardless if the McChicken is 'better' than what you usually order; esp since you admitted that hasnt worked before. Its not easy to hear but you need to buckle down and start 'living the lifestyle' so to speak. No excuses. Once you see the results you'll be happier with yourself and the choices will be easier to make.
    Thanks all of you for the great advice. I will let you know how it goes. I appreciate all the GENUINE concern and advice.

I would love to spend a Friday night hanging out in your mom's basement playing Dungeons and Dragons and talking about touching a boob, but I'm still waiting on the invite, hot stuff.
    ...and I had the AUDACITY of calling you immature......

thanks for proving me wrong!

I appreciate all the GENUINE concern and advice.
    You mean the only the posts that mesh with your belief system? I think most everyone has shown genuine concern and advice, whether you recognize it or not. Just something to think about.
    No sir, I don't like it.

gzlatin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One other thing i would mention is that a deli sandwich is not exactly an optimal dinner. First of all you should probably stay away from all bread unless it's REAL whole wheat with atleast 3 grams of fiber. Otherwise, i would try and stick to brown rice, sweet potato or any other kind of whole grain carb. You have to make every single meal count. Also, deli meat has a lot of sodium in it so cutting back on that would be advised to.

KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    (you're lucky your stupid post is buried deep in a ****ty thread, because there's so much fail in this I don't know where to begin. Please, go read another Flex Magazine and come back)
    Wow, the OP asks a reasonable (if naive) question, at least one person tries to give good advice (which seems like pretty good advice to me), and all you back seat internet idiots start insulting everyone in sight but can offer pretty much no good advice yourself.

What's your plan, genius?

I think YOU guys are the trolls. I mean c'mon.... calling people "fatties" who are obviously trying to better themselves?

Telling people to STFU when they give advice but isn't what you want to believe?

Commenting on people's personal lives when that's not the question.

I have to say the OP is pretty defensive and may be a bit insulting herself, but why not just let it be?

Damn, bros.....
    I rep back - both ways.
    reps on recharge: Deborah_Lyn, Guff, Daltrey, Tyrbolift, Old_Time_Lifter

fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fyre500 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One other thing i would mention is that a deli sandwich is not exactly an optimal dinner. First of all you should probably stay away from all bread unless it's REAL whole wheat with atleast 3 grams of fiber. Otherwise, i would try and stick to brown rice, sweet potato or any other kind of whole grain carb. You have to make every single meal count. Also, deli meat has a lot of sodium in it so cutting back on that would be advised to.
    Stop it. Stop the bull**** advice. White bread doesn't make people fat. A loaf of white bread every day makes people fat. Get it right.

KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10) KageKaze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You mean the only the posts that mesh with your belief system? I think most everyone has shown genuine concern and advice, whether you recognize it or not. Just something to think about.
    I do think your advice was in the spirit of helping.
    I rep back - both ways.
    reps on recharge: Deborah_Lyn, Guff, Daltrey, Tyrbolift, Old_Time_Lifter