XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000)

Xandersausage Benches 275x5

****Form check this, please. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing wrong, looking for ways to fix and get some technique help.****

1. No arch at all.

2. Poor bar path, not low enough on chest/abs.

3. No leg drive.

4. Elbows flared, need to keep tucked.

Again, how to correct these errors, and other problems that you see with technique. Thanks bro's. Yes I know my calves are small, I'm working hard on that I promise.
    Westside Video Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119472941

The new _Bladen_, now with 10% LESS FRAUD! :D

"You look pretty good, considering I don't do you." -Nom Z

RSJRV99RSJRV99RSJRV99RSJR rsjrv99's Avatar
    rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "ive seen you around a few times. something is wrong with you. srs." -Joshua91

J3T is a name known to all. (+5000) J3T is a name known to all. (+5000) J3T is a name known to all. (+5000) J3T is a name known to all. (+5000) J3T is a name known to all. (+5000) J3T is a name known to all. (+5000) J3T is a name known to all. (+5000) J3T is a name known to all. (+5000) J3T is a name known to all. (+5000) J3T is a name known to all. (+5000) J3T is a name known to all. (+5000)
    didnt look bad.. are you sure 275 though? all i can see from that angle is the bar (45) two 45's and two 35's. 205 is what is see.
    --MISC FISHING CREW--

synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10) synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10) synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10) synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10) synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10) synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10) synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10) synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10) synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10) synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10) synapzee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by J3T View Post
    didnt look bad.. are you sure 275 though? all i can see from that angle is the bar (45) two 45's and two 35's. 205 is what is see.
    2 45's and a 25 on each side, shows the weights at the end of the video

swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea you know what you're doing wrong. The things you listed need work, and additionally it is good to have the spotter hand the bar off to you, instead of you un-racking it.

When you arch your back you should have your shoulder blades pinched together and digging into the bench, this also makes tucking your elbows feel more natural. At least for me it does. When you unrack the bar it takes your shoulder out of its stronger position and also places you at more risk to hurt yourself.

You should feel VERY tight when benching, and if you are doing it pl-style it may not be all that comfortable

Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bro here's a suggestion......the way ur benchin rite now cud end up straining up pec or even injuring it....u shud try to tuck ur elbows in to focus on the chest.....ur current bench probably involves alot of shoulders.....also try to bring the bar underneath or on ur nipples......I was benchin the way u are rite now and I strained my pec.....so cant bench heavy nowadays which sSUCKS BALLS!
    When I am pushed, Challenge is as easy as breathing.

bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigruss757 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Idc what kinda problems you got, nice lift bro keep up the hard work
    "I came I saw I conquered"

Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iamreallyfat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yep, definitely a nice lift. Not gonna lie but it looks likes your legs could use work, but then again it could be the camera angle and looking at them sideways.

JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JasonT305 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nice lift. I would rep you but I am in the red lol.

XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rsjrv99 View Post
    Already did, I obviously need tips as to actually applying this though, its not like you can just get under the bar and do that.

Originally Posted by J3T View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me Kyle??? I'mma punch you in the jeans.

Originally Posted by synapzee View Post
    2 45's and a 25 on each side, shows the weights at the end of the video
    This.

Originally Posted by swelsh123 View Post
    Yea you know what you're doing wrong. The things you listed need work, and additionally it is good to have the spotter hand the bar off to you, instead of you un-racking it.

When you arch your back you should have your shoulder blades pinched together and digging into the bench, this also makes tucking your elbows feel more natural. At least for me it does. When you unrack the bar it takes your shoulder out of its stronger position and also places you at more risk to hurt yourself.

You should feel VERY tight when benching, and if you are doing it pl-style it may not be all that comfortable
    Best post yet. Reps.

Originally Posted by Excelled. View Post
    bro here's a suggestion......the way ur benchin rite now cud end up straining up pec or even injuring it....u shud try to tuck ur elbows in to focus on the chest.....ur current bench probably involves alot of shoulders.....also try to bring the bar underneath or on ur nipples......I was benchin the way u are rite now and I strained my pec.....so cant bench heavy nowadays which sSUCKS BALLS!
    Wat

Originally Posted by bigruss757 View Post
    Idc what kinda problems you got, nice lift bro keep up the hard work
    Thanks bro.

Originally Posted by Iamreallyfat View Post
    Yep, definitely a nice lift. Not gonna lie but it looks likes your legs could use work, but then again it could be the camera angle and looking at them sideways.
    Yeh my legs are pathetic, they atrophied a lot during basketball. Getting much stronger but lacking in size.

Originally Posted by JasonT305 View Post
    nice lift. I would rep you but I am in the red lol.
    Thanks bro.

AntMasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AntMasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AntMasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AntMasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AntMasc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That was prty good man n your form looked good (i didnt see any flaws). I just got 275x4 on my chest workout early this week and was happy with that lol. You defanitly one uped me Honestly it looked like you could do about 7 if you did a set to failure. How much do you max dude? around 310-315? Anyways that was impressive man Nice vid and lookin strong!

xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) xc_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    and i though my 245x5 was good .... damn... strong lifting... just add some arch and pull your shoulder blades together. just fixing your form could add 10 lbs or more to your max
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass
    -Admiral Isoroku Yamamato

goals/current PR (all unequipped)
    375 squat/305x5, 335x1
    345lb Bench/335x1, 290x5, 275x8, 250x12
    475lb DL/415lbx2 435x1

Originally Posted by AntMasc View Post
    That was prty good man n your form looked good (i didnt see any flaws). I just got 275x4 on my chest workout early this week and was happy with that lol. You defanitly one uped me Honestly it looked like you could do about 7 if you did a set to failure. How much do you max dude? around 310-315? Anyways that was impressive man Nice vid and lookin strong!
    No idea how much I max, working on increasing my 5rm every week for now.

Originally Posted by xc_mtb View Post
    and i though my 245x5 was good .... damn... strong lifting... just add some arch and pull your shoulder blades together. just fixing your form could add 10 lbs or more to your max
    Working on it man, trying to get up to 295x5 in several weeks.

Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Excelled. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xandersausage View Post

Wat

I was suggesting that you tuck in ur elbows to take some stress off ur shoulders...

Originally Posted by Excelled. View Post
    I was suggesting that you tuck in ur elbows to take some stress off ur shoulders...
    OOOOOOOOhhhh, yes of course. You did mention it was bad for your shoulders but it doesn't remove them from the movement. You also mentioned a strained pec, which is probably unrelated. And you seemed to focus on that.

But I see what ur saying now.

Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice lift man.

Try to keep the elbows tucked, a natural/slight arch in the back, place your feet under your ass, pinch your shoulder blades, and squeeze the bar tightly throughout the entire lift. Also to get a better workout, lower the weight slowly, w/ a slight pause at the chest, and then explode back to the top.

Originally Posted by Infinitus Vox View Post
    Nice lift man.

Try to keep the elbows tucked, a natural/slight arch in the back, place your feet under your ass, pinch your shoulder blades, and squeeze the bar tightly throughout the entire lift. Also to get a better workout, lower the weight slowly, w/ a slight pause at the chest, and then explode back to the top.
    yea definetly a good idea and ever since I started squeezing the bar throughout the lift I noticed that the movement is alot more stable and that the focus is solely on the chest...

Nice lift man.

^^^ I love this man. Is this from a PL or BB perspective as far as lowering the bar slowly and pausing?

Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adrenolin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xandersausage View Post
    ^^^ I love this man. Is this from a PL or BB perspective as far as lowering the bar slowly and pausing?
    both.

PL - It shows that you have control over the weight.

BB - Its all TOT (Time Under Tension), it will really help to target the chest and allow you to build more mass..

both.

PL - It shows that you have control over the weight.

BB - Its all TOT (Time Under Tension), it will really help to target the chest and allow you to build more mass..
    Thanks Jeff. You know your stuff, thats for sure. Only 25 more reps at this weight and I can be like you!

Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mellouki12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    As long as you don't arch your back like a mother****er it's all good, unless you powerlift.