Thread: Fat loss advice

croobjobin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Fat loss advice

33 male 5'10 200lbs. Lowering my body fat for about 3- 4 weeks now this is the first time ive atempted something like this im down about 5lbs. Is 1.5 -2 a good rule of thumb for fat loss and not muscle loss becuase one generaly wants to keep whatever muscle they have, so does 1.5lbs a week generaly equal fat loss? And is it really just calories in vs calories out. So far it has seemed that way for me ( as long as you stay in your macro rstios and calories for the day. Pa i dont know why above it has my age listed as 49. Im 33 as of aug 9
    Last edited by croobjobin; 08-15-2019 at 05:11 PM.

ZMad2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You will lose muscle while being in a deficit. Eating the right food and working out will help minimize the loss. Since it sounds like you are new to this the muscle loss should be very minimal as long as you take it slow and get you protein in.

Yeah it doesnt seem like a difficult thing protein,workout,deficit cheat meal once a week(aka eat at maitenence) =fat loss. Not very complex but there's a lot of bs out there and people trying to sell stuff once you get past that the information os already out there..... For free lol you just have to apply it

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by croobjobin View Post
    Yeah it doesnt seem like a difficult thing protein,workout,deficit cheat meal once a week(aka eat at maitenence) =fat loss. Not very complex but there's a lot of bs out there and people trying to sell stuff once you get past that the information os already out there..... For free lol you just have to apply it
    More BS from the internet I am afraid you don't need eat at maintenance once a week. Stick to continuous sustainable caloric deficit over a prolonged period of time whilst getting your required protein macro (and fats for health) and weight training on a well plan progressive full body program, (as in your whole body is worked throughout the program, no skipping legs) is all you can do to maintain muscle and lose fat. Ensuring your weight loss is not too extreme either helps as weight loss too fast is not maintainable and also can cause effects with weight training ability which may effect muscle retention.

The maintenance thing i kind of just did myself so i dont overeat on a cheat meal is all i really didn't listen to the internet much and took all the free info i could get and ive been doing a full body routine like the one you've described so far so good thanks for the advice guys

FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by croobjobin View Post
    33 male 5'10 200lbs. Lowering my body fat for about 3- 4 weeks now this is the first time ive atempted something like this im down about 5lbs. Is 1.5 -2 a good rule of thumb for fat loss and not muscle loss becuase one generaly wants to keep whatever muscle they have, so does 1.5lbs a week generaly equal fat loss? And is it really just calories in vs calories out. So far it has seemed that way for me ( as long as you stay in your macro rstios and calories for the day. Pa i dont know why above it has my age listed as 49. Im 33 as of aug 9
    Get on the cardio train bud. You’ll lose weight fast. Shoot for 1-2 hours every other day. And lift some weights every other day. Eat clean.

mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by FredWreck619 View Post
    Get on the cardio train bud. You’ll lose weight fast. Shoot for 1-2 hours every other day. And lift some weights every other day. Eat clean.
    Proper diet is more important than cardio/weightlifting for weight loss. He can do all he can with the latter, but until he gets the former under control it will be like Sisyphus pushing that stone up the hill...

shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000) shadow_flare is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cardio will make the biggest difference along with weightlifting.

I also started tracking my calories again, and paying attention to how much protein, carbs and fat, while reducing saturated fats as much as possible.
    For me, I run 3 times a week, walk every evening to hit 20k steps, lift weights regularly, and average not really a deficit in calories, but where I should be at in terms of my activity for the day.
    Just keep on going.

FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FredWreck619 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by shadow_flare View Post
    Cardio will make the biggest difference along with weightlifting.

I also started tracking my calories again, and paying attention to how much protein, carbs and fat, while reducing saturated fats as much as possible.
    For me, I run 3 times a week, walk every evening to hit 20k steps, lift weights regularly, and average not really a deficit in calories, but where I should be at in terms of my activity for the day.
    Do you ever hit the weights and cardio same day? That’s when I feel like I make the most progressive. I eat clean around 1400-1500 calories but if I only do one or the other I feel like I’m only maintaining.

The days I hit both a good cardio session plus hit the weights is when I feel the most progress.

evelle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do not do cardio. Simply because i do not like it. I do strength training 3 times a week.

Most def lol cardio is a tool to burn calories not fat and is to be used as nessicary to increase your caloric expenditure

puvindran puvindran puvindran puvindran puvindran puvindran puvindran puvindran puvindran puvindran puvindran
    Maintain or increase in your strength training and work on a calorie deficit. Use an app to track your calorie intake and reach your ideal target

mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Always annoying when bottom feeders like this try to peddle their snake oil....
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 08-22-2019 at 02:15 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Please don't quote spammers, just report them.