Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool Young and fit????

I just finished a hike about 9 mi. with a group in their 50's...many had leg problems and one had even had a kidney transplant....there was no complaining...and all finished the hike in good spirits....which leads me to relate that my grandson, daughter in law and her 28 yr old boyfriend visted last week and we took a short walk from my house down to the main road...about a Mile and a half....all down hill...as we got ready to start up the mountain the young man called my daughter in law to come pick him up...he didn't think he could make it back up the mountain...a few minutes later she arrived and her boyfriend and my 9yr. old grand son got in the car for the ride back up the mountain.....my wife and I walked back up...it's steep but not that bad.....whats wrong with these young people that get out of shape so easily???????

CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by boodog View Post
    I just finished a hike about 9 mi. with a group in their 50's...many had leg problems and one had even had a kidney transplant....there was no complaining...and all finished the hike in good spirits....which leads me to relate that my grandson, daughter in law and her 28 yr old boyfriend visted last week and we took a short walk from my house down to the main road...about a Mile and a half....all down hill...as we got ready to start up the mountain the young man called my daughter in law to come pick him up...he didn't think he could make it back up the mountain...a few minutes later she arrived and her boyfriend and my 9yr. old grand son got in the car for the ride back up the mountain.....my wife and I walked back up...it's steep but not that bad.....whats wrong with these young people that get out of shape so easily???????
    Mountain?????......in Florida?
    "Modern bodybuilding is ritual, religion, sport, art, and science, awash in Western chemistry and mathematics. Defying nature, it surpasses it."
    -Camille Paglia

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"
    -Unknown

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They have been abolished by the 20th century!!!!!

The buses pick them up in front of the house
    They sit in front of computers and TV all day
    They have wheels on the bottom of there sneakers so they don't have to lift there feet
    They eat fast food and garbage for food so they're lethargic and lazy.........

I'll stop now.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    They have wheels on the bottom of there sneakers so they don't have to lift there feet
    you mean rollerblades??? LOL j/k

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LongLefty View Post
    No, wheels on there sneakers, I know what roller blades are

I'm 41 jeese!
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    well punishment for me when I was younger was that I wasn't allowed to go outside. Now pretty much punishment is to send them outside. Go figure why they are in bad shape.

I have absolutely no evidence of this, just observation growing up, but there were very few obese kids when I was growing up, coincidentally the majority of us were all breast fed. Now I notice all these kids who are bottle fed are like twice the size of what we were at 1-3 y/o. Not sure if there is any evidence to back this up, curious though.

No, wheels on there sneakers, I know what roller blades are

I'm 41 jeese!
    Hmmmm, wheels on the bottom of their sneakers, and I thought the floors were just overly waxed..... Guess holding your breath during reps is bad for you

I don't go for the whole breast/bottle fed argument.
    I was bottle fed so was my brother, we ate good and plenty but we weren't lazy and always on the go doing something, I never got rides anywhere if I wanted to go someplace my bike is how I always got there. Walked to school if I missed the bus and we actually had to walk to a bus stop imagine that!

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sadly, I generally see one extreme or the other for young guys in the military - either in great shape, or barely passing the (not very difficult) PT test

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    I think it's mental weakness more than physical. I used to teach martial arts and I saw time and time again that when we went through something that really pushed your aerobic and physical abilities that the younger people would give up before the "middle aged folks". It had nothing to do with physical condition. They would just give up.

I notice the same thing watching Survivor. The young guys who appear to be in great condition will get their butts handed to them by the 45 year old guy who somehow just dominates.

Maybe it's that everyone needs to push themselves and overcome in order to improve their mental fortitude to push themselves further. The older you are, the better the chance that you have had to push yourself sometime in your life, overcome what you thought impossible, and learn how to raise your performance.

In your example, I think they were just lazy. They don't like the feeling of doing anything physically uncomfortable. It's sad, isn't it?
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    I think it's mental weakness more than physical. I used to teach martial arts and I saw time and time again that when we went through something that really pushed your aerobic and physical abilities that the younger people would give up before the "middle aged folks". It had nothing to do with physical condition. They would just give up.

I notice the same thing watching Survivor. The young guys who appear to be in great condition will get their butts handed to them by the 45 year old guy who somehow just dominates.

Maybe it's that everyone needs to push themselves and overcome in order to improve their mental fortitude to push themselves further. The older you are, the better the chance that you have had to push yourself sometime in your life, overcome what you thought impossible, and learn how to raise your performance.

In your example, I think they were just lazy. They don't like the feeling of doing anything physically uncomfortable. It's sad, isn't it?
    Excellent point!

Well lets shed some light on this, the younger fit/muscular will have a higher oxygen demand, most their games are of the endurance type. Lack of good nutrition will effect the athlete adversely before the non athlete. Other than that, your points were well taken.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Well lets shed some light on this, the younger fit/muscular will have a higher oxygen demand, most their games are of the endurance type. Lack of good nutrition will effect the athlete adversely before the non athlete. Other than that, your points were well taken.
    Yeah, I think that has some effect too. I remember when I was in boot camp in El Paso, TX many, many years ago that we had a guy who was a total bodybuilder type. He was absolutely useless. It was about 115 in the shade half the time and he was always fainting, getting heat stroke, couldn't finish any of the runs, and generally lacked any sort of endurance. Eventually, he was cycled out of our unit and had to repeat with the next class to come though.

But I still see a lot of the younger people on Survivor "giving up" (and certainly whining and complaining more). There was this guy named Terry on a few seasons back. I think he was like 45, and ex-Air Force guy and absolutely out "Alpha Male-d" all the younger guys. Whether endurance events or not, he kicked their butts.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That was especially true two seasons ago in Africa. Randy, the grumpy wedding photographer, was just destroying those young guys in the competitions.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool

Originally Posted by CP3102435 View Post
    I move around a lot....don't like the hot summers in Fla.....

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I'll stop now.
    Just for the record, we're in the 21st century. Otherwise, I'm with ya G!
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CP3102435 View Post
    I move around a lot....don't like the hot summers in Fla.....
    Winter in Florida / Summer in the Carolinas? What a cliche'..................lucky bastard!
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Although they may be slim and average in body, they may be not that fit as you see. Their heart is not accustomed to getting that strain and not much exercise I guess. So there you go-- many are becoming lazy and heart is not accustomed to such activity.

Whatever you give to life,it gives you back.
    Do not hate anybody.
    The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you.
    Love others. And LOVE will come back to you..

Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    Winter in Florida / Summer in the Carolinas? What a cliche'..................lucky bastard!
    Part of the winter in UP of Mich. Snowmobiling....."A Fla. guy that digs Cold weather,,,and snow go figure....

The other part of this story is that the next day I walked about half way down the mountain with my Grandson.....on the way back up I took a short cut through the woods that was about a 40 degree incline straight up the rocks.....my Grandson whimpered about half way up "I can't make it" I responded in a cool voice OK back track to the road; I'll get the car and come back and get you....but watch out for the Bear....I thought he was going to run over me as he scrambled up the rock.....and ran back to the house.....where the hell did all that cardio come from???????

Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Just for the record, we're in the 21st century. Otherwise, I'm with ya G!
    oops

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    oops
    Girls cannot do the math!

*ducks and runs...*
    I'm a sad little man

Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post

*ducks and runs...*
    No need, my math skills suck

Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post

*ducks and runs...*
    Just for you the actual slope up the mountain was 30.736512 deg.

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just for you the actual slope up the mountain was 30.736512 deg.
    And if I were on it I guarantee that it would be a slippery slope!!
    I'm a sad little man

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I'll stop now.

Someone raised these children. We do not learn habits, good or bad over night. You might want to dig a little deeper to get to the root of the problem. It doesn't drop out of the womb at the age of 13...we become products of our enviroment. Look around this forum. How many initial posts are from adults (O35) who are fat, lethargic and wondering where the last 15 years went.

Originally Posted by Fifty+ View Post
    Someone raised these children. We do not learn habits, good or bad over night. You might want to dig a little deeper to get to the root of the problem. It doesn't drop out of the womb at the age of 13...we become products of our enviroment. Look around this forum. How many initial posts are from adults (O35) who are fat, lethargic and wondering where the last 15 years went.
    That's why I said "the 20 century"

That's why I said "the 20 century"
    I agree its a sign of the times....when I grew up there were no fast food restaurants...just restaurants and were only patronized for special occaisions.....today my grandson eats junk food and fast food as a life style....but not when he visits me....My best friend has a Grandson that eats only Hamburgers....and his parents go along with it...I blame the parents....they are just as Lazy.....

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wheelies..... press a button and there they pop !!!
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    here's a positive-

my son achieved his summer goal of swimming a mile.

He's 11. There is hope for the future.