Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by runningtherack View Post
    In a pizza, you have both fats and carbs. Not in chicken. That's why a pizza would make you fat, but not [normal amounts] of chicken.

(When you eat both fats and carbs, the body stores the fats)
    No. Wrong.

100% Bro-science. I hope no one walked away from this forum believing this tripe.
    Milk and Squats FTW!

FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by leesiphus View Post
    reading this thread is like watching a monkey try to f*#k a football.
    3000>2500 end of story.
    that's true.... But as stated prior, the ( tef) thermogenic effect of food, is not equal, I.e. You burn more calories digesting the chicken than you would the pizza.

Also, the timing of in which you ate the meals would matter too.... Nonetheless, considering the relatvive similarities in calories... There wouldn't be much of a diff b/w the two foods in question
    Last edited by FsuNole7; 05-31-2009 at 03:23 PM.

mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mingo3403 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the way i see it as we still do not truly understand how the body works, and just like when it goes in ketosis and turns to protein and then to fat reserves to do the work carbohydrates normally do, we don't know how the body deals with building muscle in absence of certain amount of protein, the body grows because it feels in needs to in order to survive so it will do whatever it possibly can do to do so.

the human body is extraordinary in every single way and will push itself to the limit just to survive from eating itself just to live and changing the way it utilizes energy.

I go by the calories in vs calories out and has worked considerably well for me so i keep using that approach. People say find what works for you, this works for me and is incredibly simple so either i'm a fluke if i'm different or it will work for others as well, either way i'm sticking to it like its law because it DOES work for ME.

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dimasso69 View Post
    A better question would be if a person where to eat the same diet with the same 500cals excess (assuming the maitinence was 2500cals) but there was one difference..
    diet 1: 2500cals worth of food getting sufficent protein, EFA's, micronutrients, and 500cals worth of pizza are eaten
    diet 2: that same 2500cals above but 500cals worth of chicken are eaten instead

who sees less fat gain more muscle gain or do both see the same.
    er still no one has an answer for this one.

Originally Posted by FootBallBeast View Post
    What is an empty carb and how would empty carbs and sat fats cause increased fat storage?
    Empty carb=carb with little to no nutritional value: examples-white bread, candy
    How would that and sat fats increase fat storage..only if u ate alot of them and over your maitinence.

And on a side note i dont understand why everyone is picking on moneyshot i mean if he enjoys eating clean, why bust on him, he's not saying he's completely right with everything he says, just stating what works for him, i mean no need to have "dirty" foods if u have no want for them correct? ..and he's right, when u eat alot of "dirtier" foods you get more bloated at least i do, and so does he, now as for dirty foods turning instantly to fat..that's different but i havent seen him post anything like that.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

Gjobsin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gjobsin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gjobsin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gjobsin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gjobsin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gjobsin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gjobsin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gjobsin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gjobsin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chicken would definetly make you fatter, if it were wrapped in pizza

3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000)
    i really have gotten NO straight answers from here.. i'm referring to like 3000 calories of plain chicken vs 2500 of pepperoni pizza.. which would help aid more to cut fat, and gain muscle... i highly doubt the pizza.

Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000) Greater Deity is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs down ****ing Ridiculous...

Originally Posted by Theenforcer1 View Post
    LOL are you serious?
    No, he's not. If he is, shoot him.

Originally Posted by PIOT View Post
    this isnt a serious thread is it
    I think it is just one of the many threads to make knowledgeable people bang their heads on the keyboard.

Originally Posted by runningtherack View Post
    In a pizza, you have both fats and carbs. Not in chicken. That's why a pizza would make you fat, but not [normal amounts] of chicken.

(When you eat both fats and carbs, the body stores the fats)
    If it hurts you to read, then you should probably stop... doing everything.

Originally Posted by imccarthy View Post
    If a mod sees this, please close this thread. Please.
    Do it, do it now!

Originally Posted by TheWaffleIron View Post
    Is this a joke?
    Yes, hopefully.

Originally Posted by 3ebMike View Post
    i really have gotten NO straight answers from here.. i'm referring to like 3000 calories of plain chicken vs 2500 of pepperoni pizza.. which would help aid more to cut fat, and gain muscle... i highly doubt the pizza.
    Seriously, please just think about what you are asking; because I just don't know where to begin with you asking a question like this. The way a human body absorbs and digests materials can vary among individuals; so unless you make the pizza yourself, no one can really tell you anything. Oh wait... but, if a calorie is a calorie, then that must mean that all food is made of the same thing! OH mai gawd! =O
    "I SAID... WHAT I SAID!" - Linnethia M. Leakes
    IG: @enigmatic.devourer FB: Deactivated it because fb is horsecrap.
    Represent USN - Country Boy Crew - Halleluja Team

3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000) 3ebMike is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Greater Deity View Post
    No, he's not. If he is, shoot him.

I think it is just one of the many threads to make knowledgeable people bang their heads on the keyboard.

If it hurts you to read, then you should probably stop... doing everything.

Do it, do it now!

Yes, hopefully.

Seriously, please just think about what you are asking; because I just don't know where to begin with you asking a question like this. The way a human body absorbs and digests materials can vary among individuals; so unless you make the pizza yourself, no one can really tell you anything. Oh wait... but, if a calorie is a calorie, then that must mean that all food is made of the same thing! OH mai gawd! =O
    k let me make it easier for you i'm not talking about some healthy homemade pizza

the pizza is 2500 calories... 120 g of fat, 60 g of protein, 250 carbs.
    the chicken is 3000 calories.... 6g of fat.. 200g of protein 20g of carbs

keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    k let me make it easier for you i'm not talking about some healthy homemade pizza

Stop asking questions that have nothing to do with real life. No-one eats pizza all day every day, no-one eats chicken all day every day.

Eat a varied diet, eat less than maintenance when cutting, eat more than maintenance when bulking. These are the most important factors.
    ***Trapped on prison island crew***

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Impossilbe to know given the lack of information:
    Regular or thin crust?
    sauce to cheese ratio?
    toppings?
    chain, local pizzeria or homemade?
    Delivery or digiorno?
    ate with fork/knife or hands?
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No-one eats pizza all day every day, no-one eats chicken all day every day.
    Overweight people often tend to eat things like pizza all day. You'd be surprised at what goes on out there. There's some absolute pigs in this world.

And there are heaps bb'ers who focus on chicken all day for their protein leading up to contest.

Just sayin :P I think the OP is just presenting a hypothetical. He doesn't care if it's realistic to you and me.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000) imccarthy is a name known to all. (+5000)

In either situation you are nutritionally screwed so the question is pointless really.

Once again I ask that this thread be closed.
    Food quality does not change the laws of thermodynamics. Provided you consume adequate protein, EFAs, fiber, and vitamins and minerals you can eat whatever you want.

The only difference between a 'clean' and a 'dirty' food is how much of it you eat.

The Glycemic Index is meaningless unless you eat carbs alone in a fasted state. As soon as you add fat, protein, or fiber to a meal or have eaten in the previous 4-6 hours the GI is irrelevant.

donluchiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donluchiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donluchiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donluchiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donluchiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) donluchiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lame how people would rather have this thread closed before refuting the hypothetical presented... believe it or not, questions like these are beneficial, especially for people like me who are still grasping the differing persepectives when it comes to nutrition, and how the most accurate answer can be sifted out of it all. I say, somebody on here with a god-like rep rating back it up with a good answer to settle this thread; thereby rendering it effectivly closed, instead of using it as a fire hydrant for people who would rather smell their own piss.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OK, you want the answer? It's a trick question.

The answer is pizza, because you could actually eat that much pizza. Not even Michael Phelphs could eat could eat that much chicken.
    No sir, I don't like it.

SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10) SwoleMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    shouldnt it be 2500 kcals of pizza vs. 2500 kcals of chicken? otherwise they dont compare at all, one is litrally 500 cals more. not hard to say the chicken would gain weight if your maitenence was 2500

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Horse View Post
    OK, you want the answer? It's a trick question.

The answer is pizza, because you could actually eat that much pizza. Not even Michael Phelphs could eat could eat that much chicken.
    lol I could. I love chicken. Salt & pepper & avocado on it, could eat it that stuff all day.

750g protein from chicken ain't that hard to physically eat :P

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Simmo0508 View Post
    750g protein from chicken ain't that hard to physically eat :P
    That's over 5 lbs of chicken. Really?
    No sir, I don't like it.

gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50) gonna_be_big will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SwoleMeat View Post
    shouldnt it be 2500 kcals of pizza vs. 2500 kcals of chicken? otherwise they dont compare at all, one is litrally 500 cals more. not hard to say the chicken would gain weight if your maitenence was 2500
    thats the point he meant it to be 500 cals more

he wanted a debate on "clean" vs "dirty" calories.

Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rolo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd think the pizza would make you fatter. Cuz, you can cut out most of the fat out of the chicken and grilled it to get more of the fat out of it.

Originally Posted by Dr. Horse View Post
    That's over 5 lbs of chicken. Really?
    lol Hell yih that's nothin man. Sign me up!

I get pissed off when i finish eating my chicken meals. I could do a Great Khali and eat 3 whole roast chickens a day if i wanted to lol I already eat 1kg of meat a day anyway.

Give the man his steak & chicken! :P

keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) keels141 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Simmo0508 View Post
    lol Hell yih that's nothin man. Sign me up!

I get pissed off when i finish eating my chicken meals. I could do a Great Khali and eat 3 whole roast chickens a day if i wanted to lol I already eat 1kg of meat a day anyway.

Give the man his steak & chicken! :P
    Your grocery bill must be sending you broke!
    ***Trapped on prison island crew***

Dan290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why are people asking for the thread to be shut down? You don't have to read or take part in it.

And iff its such a stupid question then how come its had so much response and interest?

I think its a good question because alot of people on here prior to joining bb.com have been led to believe (me included) that there ARE clean foods and dirty foods and that calories are different, so how can you not be surprised when finding out that 95% of the people on this forum are adement that the calories from a pizza are equal to that from chicken.

Originally Posted by keels141 View Post
    Your grocery bill must be sending you broke!
    Hardly :P

Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000) Juic3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lets see 3000 calories vs 2500 uhh the chicken would make u gain more weight. The question shouldn't be which would make you "fatter" but what would make you gain more weight. When you say "fatter" people will automatically pick the "fatter" food thinking it would make the person fatter despite less calories.

TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Ruz4life View Post
    You are too stubborn in your ways to realize how unlogical your thinking is. You don't want to accept it because you can't believe your precious chicken breast could make you fat and a pizza would not make you fat. Chicken breast can't undermine the laws of thermodynamics.
    Perhaps he meant if you ate it at once ...Go eat a 2500 calorie pizza and come back and tell me most of those carbs didnt get stored as fat. Now go eat 20 chicken breasts and tell me that your body was able to convert 700 grams of protien into fat and you didn't ****, piss, any extra aminos and they were all saved for later use.

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anyone watch Detroit beat Pittsburgh last night?

tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000) tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000) tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000) tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000) tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000) tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000) tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000) tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000) tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000) tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000) tensortrucks00 is just really nice. (+1000)
    wow this really made it to page four

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mmbenani View Post
    Perhaps he meant if you ate it at once ...Go eat a 2500 calorie pizza and come back and tell me most of those carbs didnt get stored as fat. Now go eat 20 chicken breasts and tell me that your body was able to convert 700 grams of protien into fat and you didn't ****, piss, any extra aminos and they were all saved for later use.
    if you are still in a deficit/surplus it doesn't matter. The body slows digestion in order to handle the load.

Life=Red Sox/Pit Bulls NDame616's Avatar
    NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mmbenani View Post
    So right after you eat a meal you can magically tell if what you ate got stored as fat? now THAT is awesome logic.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You know whats hilarious? People thinking that calories are completely a rock solid reliable way to measure food in relation to weight loss.

Calories are measured in the lab, it is the amount of energy required to raise the temp on a liter of water 1 degree CENTIGRADE. Calories aren't measured in the body and the method used in the lab doesn't take into account the way our body actually uses food. And just going on the way energy is measured in the lab isn't the most accurate way to count how the body loses weight or adds weight. It is WAYYYYyyyyy more complicated than that. If anything calories are a grey issue, not black and white and are a way you can measure volume of food and not neccesarily 100% the way diet is related to fat loss or gain.

For instance the way your body treats a gram of protein is entirely different than it treats 1 gram of carbohydrate. Therefore even though in the lab each equals 4 calories, that is not the end of the story in relation to our bodies. So you can not say AT ALL that calories from protein would cause the same amount of fat gain or loss as carbohydrate. To make that statement is incredibly ignorant to the way your body works.
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 06-01-2009 at 03:01 PM.