Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Damn!

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Angry Damn!

I think I did more damage than just soreness jumping rope. My f'cking knee is swollen all around, **** is killing me!

At first I thought maybe I just hit it too hard too soon as the soreness was slowly occurring, but the pain is getting worse instead of better.

Then last night my wife said "John your knee is really swollen" I didn't really notice it nor did I care to hear what she said, but then this AM in the shower I could definitely see how swollen all the way around my knee is.

I never experience anything like this and I have no idea what the hell could have gone wrong from just jumping rope, but man this **** can't be good. I can not lock my knee because the back of my knee is too swollen/tight and painful.

My knee all the way around feels like jelly.

If this doesn't go down by Monday (leg day) I guess is right back to the f'cking hospital!
    Last edited by bodyhard; 05-30-2009 at 09:17 AM.
    On the list for Bannukah

psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dang dude that sucks... Im not even sure where to begin to think of what could be wrong, especially if you didnt feel any problems during your activity.
    BRB, going hunting...

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just curious if you were out front blasting "No Easy Way Out" while you were jump roping. If so then that would explain it. Only Rocky Balboa was meant to jump rope to that song. Yeah if it's not better by monday I'd have the doc check it out.
    Last edited by daltrey; 05-30-2009 at 10:13 AM.
    ~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What are you doing for the swelling now John?
    Psalm 121

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    I think I did more damage than just soreness jumping rope. My f'cking knee is swollen all around, **** is killing me!

At first I thought maybe I just hit it too hard too soon as the soreness was slowly occurring, but the pain is getting worse instead of better.

Then last night my wife said "John your knee is really swollen" I didn't really notice it nor did I care to hear what she said, but then this AM in the shower I could definitely see how swollen all the way around my knee is.

I never experience anything like this and I have no idea what the hell could have gone wrong from just jumping rope, but man this **** can't be good. I can not lock my knee because the back of my knee is too swollen/tight and painful.

If this doesn't go down by Monday (leg day) I guess is right back to the f'cking hospital!
    uh oh!!! that's what happened when i blew my knee out! RICE it and for cripes sake STAY OFF OF IT. please. walking around etc., will just make the swelling worse. you may be put in a brace/crutches. i couldn't do crutches so i tried using the brace only and it seemed to make it swell/hurt worse. mine was a combination of arthritis/torn meniscus. arthritis is a bitch though, and if you have it you may not have known it until now when it flared big time.

i think you, like some of us here at O35, have crossed the threshold of having to decide where to focus our workouts in order to save our joints. if you are like me, you've already done years of joint wear and tear above and beyond the normal person. adding something like running, jumping rope or any exercise that taxes knee joints like that and you are setting yourself up for missed gym time among other things. hell i felt so depressed i wanted to DIE. if you have to do cardio and you want to continue to squat and walk (not kidding about that), you might want to think about doing gentler forms of cardio such as walking on a treadmill (incorporating hand weights, increasing speed/incline etc), elliptical or what have you.

anyway, it sounds like a perfect weekend to do nothing but watch movies right? REST THAT DAMN KNEE, THAT'S AN ORDER.

love,
    mom (lol)
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

I hope the knee is nothing serious.........

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry to hear of the injury. Is there a lot of liquid? I had a bout, out of the blue, with bursitis in my right elbow. It blew up like a balloon, and hurt like hell. I had never had anything like that before. LOL It looked god-awful. I felt like the elephant man for a week or two.
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talk to your Doctor and see a good orthopedic surgeon. Hopefully, nothing is torn or damaged.

Feel better, Bro.

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stay away from hopscotch!......j/k. Scary what we old people can do to ourselves. Take care of yourself. Think positive....Monday is Leg day...

OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Take it easy on the knee. I have had orthoscopic surgery on both of mine ( piece of cake). I had a torn meniscus and cartilige(sp) damage PLUS arthritis in both. Mine never swelled like what you are describing. I would guess something is extremely irritated and you have "water on the knee" I have had mine drained once (different issue) and the relief was extreme and immediate. Good luck , ice it and STAY OFF OF IT AND ELEVATE IT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Once the swelling goes down if your ROM is limited and have pain with movement might want to get it checked out. The inflammation is a way of protecting itself now.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn, hope it isn't too bad and you have a fast recovery. Don't know if you will be too eager to try jumping rope again, but I was thinking of trying it on one of those exercise mats to reduce the impact.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn this really sucks.

At the moment I am not doing anything I am just waiting for it to sort of heal itself.

Knee is still pretty swollen I am going to give it one more day.

No workouts today just went to the beacon theater with my wife my nephew and my grandson. We went to see the play Bob the Builder
    On the list for Bannukah

dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn this really sucks.

At the moment I am not doing anything I am just waiting for it to sort of heal itself.

Knee is still pretty swollen I am going to give it one more day.

No workouts today just went to the beacon theater with my wife my nephew and my grandson. We went to see the play Bob the Builder
    Ummmm WTF?!!! Get some ice on it man. It will help the swelling go down and elevate that bish if you can that will also help. Pssssssshhhh! You old people!

Take care of it man...
    WTF? Training for life and other stuff!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=477872611

OTC PCT Guide
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108385101

PH/DS Research? Start Here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109153431

+++ Mirror Whore Coalition +++

Do what you always did, Get what you always got...

Do or do not, there is no try...

Owe:

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    As DM said RICE RICE baby! Elevate it and get some ice on it for at least 24 hrs.

Obviously we all can relate. Sometimes these things resolve themselves and other times not, as I am sure you know. Hopefully if you care for it properly until Monday it will be okay - it's funny how things that can seem to be really bad at first turn out okay - but then of course if it doesn't improve then you know what to do.
    Overweight and arrogant

ciberbrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ciberbrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ciberbrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ciberbrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ciberbrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ciberbrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ciberbrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ciberbrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ciberbrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ciberbrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Plenty sound advice so far bro! Sit down, ice it and elevate. Take care bro! One luv.
    "Keep it real or keep steppin"

I know not many are on right now and I have a stupid question, but where do I keep the ice at? I have it right in front of my knee, but my whole knee is swollen should I put ice around the whole knee????? From just having the ice in the front, my knee is getting numb. Also how long do I keep the ice for? The numbness is actually starting to hurt. .
    On the list for Bannukah

pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pack around the whole knee where it's swollen.

Follow these steps here.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/spra.../iceinjury.htm

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

I know not many are on right now and I have a stupid question, but where do I keep the ice at? I have it right in front of my knee, but my whole knee is swollen should I put ice around the whole knee????? From just having the ice in the front, my knee is getting numb. Also how long do I keep the ice for? The numbness is actually starting to hurt. .
    on for 15 to 20 min every hour or so till swelling goes down. If the whole knee is swollen.......I would move the ice from the front to the back..........in front for 15 min then in back for 15 every couple hours...........hope you get better man.

Originally Posted by pac8x8 View Post
    Pack around the whole knee where it's swollen.

Follow these steps here.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/spra.../iceinjury.htm
    Thanks man!!!
    On the list for Bannukah

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    all around the knee would be best. 15-20 mins of ice, then 20 mins no ice, repeat as often as you can, also keep it elevated
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

Originally Posted by plmb1 View Post
    on for 15 to 20 min every hour or so till swelling goes down. If the whole knee is swollen.......I would move the ice from the front to the back..........in front for 15 min then in back for 15 every couple hours...........hope you get better man.
    Thanks man truly appreciate you guys coming through.
    On the list for Bannukah

pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The kind of shoes and turf you were skippin' can have an "impact."

The best place to jump is on a bouncy aerobics room floor. If nobody is using, I do it on the wooden middle part of the powerlifting platform.
    -"Never do concrete." You said you were out front of your house, I'm guessin' a concrete driveway?

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/s.../jump_rope.htm

Some more added info.
    "Wear supportive cross-trainers, tennis or basketball shoes while skipping rope"

http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/...e-workout.html

Originally Posted by pac8x8 View Post
    The kind of shoes and turf you were skippin' can have an "impact."

The best place to jump is on a bouncy aerobics room floor. If nobody is using, I do it on the wooden middle part of the powerlifting platform.
    -"Never do concrete." You said you were out front of your house, I'm guessin' a concrete driveway?

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/s.../jump_rope.htm

Some more added info.
    "Wear supportive cross-trainers, tennis or basketball shoes while skipping rope"

http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/...e-workout.html

Yup in a concrete street and it is uneven as well. Thanks for the links man seriously.
    On the list for Bannukah

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That really sucks BH, hope theres no serious damage. I cut cardio out on the treadmill 3 weeks ago because I was starting to feel it in my knees and didnt want to do any perm damage, I know its not like jumping rope, but still puts impact on knee joints. Any cardio I get now is on the rowing machine and I havent had any trouble or twinges since. Take it easy, elevate, ice and rest it and see how you pull up.

Also, great advice and links from the other guys that have posted.
    pick it up and put it down

Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mucmor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hiya,
    Sorry to hear about your knee.
    As some others have said get the ice on there. I have some niggles with my knees (years of rugby), I find that it is worth wrapping the ice pack in a light towel as the cold seems to get deeper into the muscle before you totally numb up.
    You want it to get cold but not totally numb.
    As I'm sure you know the cold causes the blood to flush thru, hopefully clearing the problem.

As for the jump rope/skipping; it can be a very intense workout indeed.
    If new to it start slowly and build up.
    I do one minute of rope, then one to two minutes of abs, another minute of rope, then abs again, then back to rope and so on.
    Dont take any rests between.
    Do about ten minutes of this and then just finish off with whats left of your usual abs workout.
    Then slowly build up to doing more. I usually do about 30 minutes.
    Ideally i would do this every time I do abs.
    Also be sure that all of your foot is coming into contact with the ground, as if only on you toes all the time can cause calf strains etc.
    I try to alterante my movement, i.e one set full foot, one set toes, one set side to side movement. I'm sure you get the idea.
    Good luck with it.
    Last edited by Mucmor; 05-31-2009 at 04:49 AM.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Alright enough whining, get your ass back in the gym today.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    John, same kinda thing happened to me about 5yrs ago; I was already convinced I couldn't run because of my knees hurting so badly after attempts to run. So, I tried jumping rope around that same time. OMG.......I only had slight swelling, but the pain was pretty bad. This lasted 2wks (as it was getting better), and I never went to the doc. I really thought that I had caused some damage.

The bottom line? The only thing wrong with my knees was the fact I hadn't worked them and prepared them slowly enough for such activity! As I've said before here, I think a lot of folks don't realize that this connective tissue takes time to build up stronger. Now in my 4th year running, just last year my legs would still ache some after running 3 miles. They would be sore for 36hrs. This year? I've run over 10 miles twice, and my average run is approx 5 miles. Guess what? My legs/knees feel better than they ever have, even at these longer distances and faster pacing!

IMO, our knees are reminders of why we feel like we've been hit by a truck after doing some mundane domestic chore on the weekend. We scratch our heads wondering, "Why do my legs/arms, etc.. ache so much when I workout 5 days a week?" We grossly underestimate weak points that are not directly assaulted during regular workout sessions.

Take care of the knees with ice & rest and keep an eye on it. I think you'll be fine in a week or so.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Alright enough whining, get your ass back in the gym today.
    My kind of woman!!

Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    John, same kinda thing happened to me about 5yrs ago; I was already convinced I couldn't run because of my knees hurting so badly after attempts to run. So, I tried jumping rope around that same time. OMG.......I only had slight swelling, but the pain was pretty bad. This lasted 2wks (as it was getting better), and I never went to the doc. I really thought that I had caused some damage.

The bottom line? The only thing wrong with my knees was the fact I hadn't worked them and prepared them slowly enough for such activity! As I've said before here, I think a lot of folks don't realize that this connective tissue takes time to build up stronger. Now in my 4th year running, just last year my legs would still ache some after running 3 miles. They would be sore for 36hrs. This year? I've run over 10 miles twice, and my average run is approx 5 miles. Guess what? My legs/knees feel better than they ever have, even at these longer distances and faster pacing!

IMO, our knees are reminders of why we feel like we've been hit by a truck after doing some mundane domestic chore on the weekend. We scratch our heads wondering, "Why do my legs/arms, etc.. ache so much when I workout 5 days a week?" We grossly underestimate weak points that are not directly assaulted during regular workout sessions.

Take care of the knees with ice & rest and keep an eye on it. I think you'll be fine in a week or so.
    Ahh good to hear man, the knee is not as swollen this AM I guess the icing did some justice. I will continue to ice it today. Thanks for the feed back Kevin.
    On the list for Bannukah

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My kind of woman!!

Ahh good to hear man, the knee is not as swollen this AM I guess the icing did some justice. I will continue to ice it today. Thanks for the feed back Kevin.

That is good news. Take it easy today. If it's not 100% tomorrow, you might want to skip the leg w/o.