Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'3", 114 lbs
    ADDicted2Fit is just really nice. (+1000) ADDicted2Fit is just really nice. (+1000) ADDicted2Fit is just really nice. (+1000) ADDicted2Fit is just really nice. (+1000) ADDicted2Fit is just really nice. (+1000) ADDicted2Fit is just really nice. (+1000) ADDicted2Fit is just really nice. (+1000) ADDicted2Fit is just really nice. (+1000) ADDicted2Fit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit ADDicted2Fit's BodySpace

how often should I do cardio for someone my size?

I was just wondering how often should I do a cardio routine when I work out if I'm worried about losing weight? I don't want to lose any weight as I am already small enough (107) but I know that it is important to incorporate cardio somewhere for conditioning and endurance reasons. Would 2x a week be enough, and should I do separately from the days I weight lift or on the same days? What should my time limit be? I'm new to training and I am trying to figure out a schedule for myself. My main goal is to strengthen my lower body (quads, hamstrings, glutes, calves) I want to add some mass there because I think it would look better than how they are now, they are so skinny. They look unproportionate to the rest of my body, even though It's small.

SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SumDumGoi has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SumDumGoi's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by ADDicted2Fit View Post
    I was just wondering how often should I do a cardio routine when I work out if I'm worried about losing weight? I don't want to lose any weight as I am already small enough (107) but I know that it is important to incorporate cardio somewhere for conditioning and endurance reasons. Would 2x a week be enough, and should I do separately from the days I weight lift or on the same days? What should my time limit be? I'm new to training and I am trying to figure out a schedule for myself. My main goal is to strengthen my lower body (quads, hamstrings, glutes, calves) I want to add some mass there because I think it would look better than how they are now, they are so skinny. They look unproportionate to the rest of my body, even though It's small.

2-3 days/wk = maintain current level of aerobic fitness. You won't really improve that much but you will not lose what you already have. Do this if you are trying to gain weight.

4-5 days/wk = Improving aerobic fitness and weight loss.

Slowly getting bigger!! dkemano42's Avatar
    Stats: 6'2", 197 lbs
    dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) dkemano42 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit dkemano42's BodySpace

Hey,

Yep 2 times a week for about 30 min each will be good for keeping your heart and lungs in shape. I would also do it on your off days since your goal is to just keep your cardiovascular system in good shape and not to lose fat or burn calories.

DK
    "After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done will have been done!"

Stats: 5'9", 190 lbs
    DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) DavisForman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit DavisForman's BodySpace

Cardio bruns calories. So say you need 3500 calories to see muscle gain, but you burn 300 calories each time you do cardio. That puts you down to 3200 calories which will make you lose weight. Your answer. Eat 300 more calories. Consume 3800 calories on days you do cardio, and your golden.

The more cardio you do, the more food you need to eat.
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene