Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally, I'm a vaginatarian.
    Milk and Squats FTW!

adagio for strings how2quitdrinkin's Avatar
    how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000) how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000) how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000) how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000) how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000) how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000) how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000) how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000) how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000) how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000) how2quitdrinkin is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had a g/f that was a vegetarian and she got fatter and fatter as the relationship went on.

Meat is awesome, and as long as youre not eating fast food and junk food all day, you can live a healthy life.
    Fitness goals: Get up to 200 pds with 8-9%bf by October, improve sprinting, dunk a basketball.

Can't be touched
    Can't be stopped
    Can't be moved
    Can't be rocked
    Can't be shook
    We hot

stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TetoMendosa View Post
    Being a recovering vegetarian myself I feel I can comment on this.. It doesnt make me mad but I was a "vegetarian" and last time I checked 20% bodyfat isnt healthy. I was living of pizza margeritas, chips, coke, crisps, cheese and chocolate to name a few. Just because I didnt eat meat and was a vegetarian didnt mean I ate healthy foods and vegetables. My saturated fat intake was horendous.
    This is true, however many vegans and vegetarians do not do it for health reasons. This is why some are fat - because some vegans are interested in the ethical / moral issues moreso and don't really care about exercise/ healthy eating. A lot care about both - but some just care about the ethical issues.

flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stancel View Post
    This is true, however many vegans and vegetarians do not do it for health reasons. This is why some are fat - because some vegans are interested in the ethical / moral issues moreso and don't really care about exercise/ healthy eating. A lot care about both - but some just care about the ethical issues.
    I take issue with people who are vegetarian for moral reasons.

Boycotting the meat industry is such a pathetic form of protesting. That's like refusing to buy german goods during the holocaust. You aren't solving any problems by abstaining. If these people really felt strongly about their cause, they would volunteer or chain themselves to slaughter houses. For the most part, I think moral vegetarians are shallow and just as bad as those "go green" *******s.

Don't get me started on moral vegetarians who wear leather.
    Milk and Squats FTW!

SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by flat6 View Post
    if these people really felt strongly about their cause, they would volunteer or chain themselves to slaughter houses.
    wtf?

stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000) stancel is just really nice. (+1000)
    I take issue with people who are vegetarian for moral reasons.

Boycotting the meat industry is such a pathetic form of protesting. That's like refusing to buy german goods during the holocaust. You aren't solving any problems by abstaining. If these people really felt strongly about their cause, they would volunteer or chain themselves to slaughter houses. For the most part, I think moral vegetarians are shallow and just as bad as those "go green" *******s.

Don't get me started on moral vegetarians who wear leather.
    I think the fact you compared the meat industry to the Holocaust is revealing.
    If most people felt that way, a lot of people would not eat animal products.

I don't understand what volunteering themselves for slaughter accomplishes, besides killing themselves, it's not going to stop anything, all they would do is beef up security there (pun intended).

I don't think a lot of vegetarians wear leather. Most stores have non-leather belts and non-leather shoes....

Originally Posted by stancel View Post
    I think the fact you compared the meat industry to the Holocaust is revealing.
    If most people felt that way, a lot of people would not eat animal products.

I don't understand what volunteering themselves for slaughter accomplishes, besides killing themselves, it's not going to stop anything, all they would do is beef up security there (pun intended).

I don't think a lot of vegetarians wear leather. Most stores have non-leather belts and non-leather shoes....
    Next time you come across a vegetarian activist, talk to them. My holocaust simile is pretty accurate to how they perceive the meat industry.

If someone feels that strongly about a cause, why are they not putting in their time to support it? Boycotting something is not spending time supporting it.
    Milk and Squats FTW!

Originally Posted by SumDumGoi View Post
    wtf?
    LOL, okay, an extreme example.
    Milk and Squats FTW!

a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll listen to a vegetarian cry about the "meat industry" when they go live in the woods and survive off berries and stuff. I've worked enough farms in my day to know that being a vegetarian accounts for a serious number of dead animals. Between the machines chewing them up in the fields and the land/habitat destroyed they're just about as "evil". Life requires death, period. Death of a cow or a carrot, it's all the same.

Now if someone just chooses to be a vegie for the diet purpose and not preach their meat hate at me I have no problem with it at all.

SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SumDumGoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LOL, okay, an extreme example.
    First, not all vegetarians are rampant PETA supporters. Second, you're an idiot.

odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10) odin673 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know what you mean. Some vegetarians think that everything is black and white. I eat meat, but I don't eat fast food. There are healthy and unhealthy meat eaters, just like there are healthy and unhealthy vegetarians. I knew this one dude that was easily 300 pounds at 5 10'. This dude devoured pasta like no other and never exercised.

lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm sure vegetarianism can be a healthy diet, but is it at all advisable for an athlete(esp bodybuilders)? I see no reason for it being bad for someone who just wants to stay thin and in shape but it has got to make it hard to get 150+ grams of protein into your diet... With a vegan diet it would be virtually impossible, especially proteins sources with a complete set of amino acids...
    ^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Spiral out, keep going...

Originally Posted by lateralus87 View Post
    I'm sure vegetarianism can be a healthy diet, but is it at all advisable for an athlete(esp bodybuilders)? I see no reason for it being bad for someone who just wants to stay thin and in shape but it has got to make it hard to get 150+ grams of protein into your diet... With a vegan diet it would be virtually impossible, especially proteins sources with a complete set of amino acids...
    They can still get plenty of protein. Just eat 2 of the 3 categories and you will most likely be getting all of your essential amino acids

1) Nuts & seeds
    2) wheats and grains
    3) Legumes

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    vegetarians dont piss me off, more meat for me.

what pisses me off is when people become vegetarians for moral reasons without knowing what the heck they are doing and become deficiant in protein and minerals.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50) spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50) spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50) spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50) spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50) spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50) spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50) spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50) spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50) spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50) spherenine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SumDumGoi View Post
    They can still get plenty of protein. Just eat 2 of the 3 categories and you will most likely be getting all of your essential amino acids

1) Nuts & seeds
    2) wheats and grains
    3) Legumes
    Man, more power to whomever finds massive amounts of that stuff palatable. I love peanuts as much as the next guy, but it's just so much easier to get in a bunch of protein with a nice lean piece of meat or fish. Vegetarians can at least throw some whey protein in some milk. I realize that it is perfectly possible to get a lot of protein from vegan foods, but that can't be fun.
    eStats:

Bench: 764 lbs
    Squat: 956 lbs
    Deadlift: 1023 lbs

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Greater Deity View Post
    Repped. This is one of the best damn posts I have seen on this entire forum.
    ????

You must not read the forums much to rep such common knowledge and a clearly obvious point made to emphasis that humans eat veggies AND meat
    Kickin your azz everytime

gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Dr. Horse must = Mr Horse
    You get a doctorate or something?

Anyway I agree with you in several areas
    1. metabolic acidosis
    2. digestive health (since cellulose plant food can act as fiber)
    3. lowered calories compared to processed foods
    4. Whole food sources instead of processed foods
    5. vitamins , minerals , antioxidants , polyphenols , and other undiscovered chemicals
    6. reduced cholesterol over meat diets

A veggie diet definitely has benefits.
    IMHO I agree with the omnivore post however.
    A balanced diet is still the best way to go

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gjohnson5 View Post
    Dr. Horse must = Mr Horse
    You get a doctorate or something?

Anyway I agree with you in several areas
    1. metabolic acidosis
    2. digestive health (since cellulose plant food can act as fiber)
    3. lowered calories compared to processed foods
    4. Whole food sources instead of processed foods
    5. vitamins , minerals , antioxidants , polyphenols , and other undiscovered chemicals
    6. reduced cholesterol over meat diets

A veggie diet definitely has benefits.
    IMHO I agree with the omnivore post however.
    A balanced diet is still the best way to go
    I am the poster formerly known as Mr. Horse.

I'm not sure what you agree with, as I never stated a position on the matter. I eat meat, if that's what you were getting at.
    No sir, I don't like it.

want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) want2bsxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My 14 year old daughter is a vegetarian. She was vegan for a year. I don't think the diet is any healthier than eating clean.

RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by want2bsxy View Post
    My 14 year old daughter is a vegetarian. She was vegan for a year. I don't think the diet is any healthier than eating clean.
    I wouldn't let my 14 year old daughter be a vegan.

You should have stressed to her how silly it is.

Originally Posted by Dr. Horse View Post
    I am the poster formerly known as Mr. Horse.

I'm not sure what you agree with, as I never stated a position on the matter. I eat meat, if that's what you were getting at.
    The posts you were responding to seemed to disagree that vegetarian diets yielded any health benefits and the science was poorly done on the subject.
    I agree that vegetarian diets do infact have health benefits.

For myself as a bodybuilder (wanna be) I eat meat as well

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gjohnson5 View Post
    The posts you were responding to seemed to disagree that vegetarian diets yielded any health benefits and the science was poorly done on the subject.
    I agree that vegetarian diets do infact have health benefits.

For myself as a bodybuilder (wanna be) I eat meat as well
    Ok, from your post I thought perhaps you thought I was a vegetarian, and promoting it. But that is not the case. But as you say, there probably are health benefits. However, it is my opinion that the benefits of vegetarianism are more due to the inclusion of fruits and vegetables than the exclusion of meat (though it plays a part as well). Hence, I believe that a diet rich in fruits and vegetables that also includes meat can be almost as healthy, and in my opinion, infinitely more enjoyable.
    No sir, I don't like it.