ViciousElbows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing Around 60 Pounds Overall (Nutrition, Appetite Control, Exercise)

I'm currently 24 years old, 5'7, 215 pounds. 155 is ideal if I can get cut too. 215 is bad, I have never weighed this much in my life! And the reason is fast food. I'm at college, in my final year. Things like marriage and a girlfriend would be nic to think about, but I just can't see myself getting into a relationship until I take care of myself and my business.

So I have come in need of help. I started lifting weights but strained both arms. The doc says no more lifting for a few weeks at least. Now I must rely heavily on my diet and cardio (soccer, running, and biking). But my biggest problem is definitely my diet. A lot of fast food is eaten. I feel it's because I don't eat a lot during the day maybe 1-2 meals and a snack, and then at night I unload and eat huge meals. I also have trouble controlling my appetite. I don't know how to get it under control. Putting down the fork doesn't work, I can't go to bed starving. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and go get something to eat if I have to. I have tried cold turkey and going from ****ty diet to healthy diet, and only successfully done it. That was two summer's ago. I've tried it many times since then, and I just can't do all the way. I stop after a few days because I just eat too much.

Like I said, I'm in some serious need of redesigning my body. I feel like hell, I look like hell, this isn't me. I need as much help as I can get. The biggest things I need help with are nutrition, weight loss exercises (for now no weight training), appetite control.

Ask any questions necessarily, I'll answer them as quickly as possible. I will also check this thread as often as possible. As soon as I can get a plan of action I will go grocery shopping.

shraggler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm with you, man. I'm 22, 6 foot, and 254. I need to be 200 or less.

Right now, your immediate concern being diet, I'd recommend making a log of food consumption with times and calories. It's helped me remember what I've eaten and what I have left. Understanding your BMR is the primary essential step for this. I am aiming for about 1900 calories/day. So it equals to about 320 to 380 calories per meal. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it depends on what you're eating. I can get three full eggs and two pieces of bread with some Sriracha lightly dropped on them. For this meal I scramble three eggs, separate them in three equal "piles". I put two piles on two different pieces of bread and fold over the bread. The third pile, I clean up with a fork after the egg sandwiches.

That is just an example. I have a fairly apathetic palette, so I eat tuna and bread or plain oatmeal.

The idea is to eat consistently. I've found that the diet works well for appetite control so you're not suddenly starving or finding yourself weak or malnourished.

I am just starting on this, but the log is helping in making a habit out of a pattern. I've set some fairly static goals that will help me gauge how well this is working. In all of my research, I see no reason why it would fail.

ViciousElbows has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's been a few days, looking for more responses.

Leaner by the minute H34vyM3741's Avatar
    H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) H34vyM3741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in that boat too, 25yrs old, with 258lbs as of this morning, I put on 4 whopping pounds since YESTERDAY, so you can guess how my body works, it's a sponge basically.

count calories dude, and just keep looking in that mirror, the scale doesn't always work coz ur body takes some time after losing weight to re-distribute the fat, so one week you may notice some loss on the scale, but the next week will be noticeable in ur clothes.

Good luck bro, feel free to ask me anything, I have a hungry appetite too!
    اشهد ألا اله إلا الله وأن محمداً عبده ورسوله