Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WTF are the Americans doing now that they've "won" the war?

Playing with their dicks?

If they can't police the place, they should get the phuck out and let someone else in.

Basra is starting to be controlled by the Brits in partnership with some local police - they've even shot a few looters.

WTF are the GI's doing in Bagdad by comparison? Watching people loot and beat each other, that's what.

Well done...
    belfast biker N54 33' W05 58'
    “When Religion And Politics Ride In The Same Cart… The Whirlwind Follows.”
    BushSpeak - “If at first you don't succeed, lie and lie again”
    Margoilis - “The more nations the US attacks or occupies, the more terrorists there will be.”

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Actually, the US has set up joint security patrols with cooperating Iraqis in Baghdad. The UN is also trying to start a rebuilding project but the coalition says "Our War, Our Project". The first thing that will be established is a totally free press, which Iraq has never known the likes of.
    I'm back. For good.

Registered User trainevenharder's Avatar
    trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trainevenharder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: WTF are the Americans doing now that they've "won" the war?

Originally posted by belfast-biker

Playing with their dicks?

If they can't police the place, they should get the phuck out and let someone else in.

Basra is starting to be controlled by the Brits in partnership with some local police - they've even shot a few looters.

WTF are the GI's doing in Bagdad by comparison? Watching people loot and beat each other, that's what.

Well done...
    To be fair, Baghdad is not the same size as Basra and the Americans are still experiencing some pockets of resistance throughout the city.

Reuters is reporting that the Americans are starting to address the looting:

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The U.S. military struggled to restore law and order in Baghdad and other Iraqi cities on Saturday as Saddam Hussein's scientific adviser became his first close associate to surrender.

I personally think the Americans weren't expecting Baghdad to fall this quickly and therefore weren't ready to start policing when the city fell so suddenly.

RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the WAR is not OVER, yes we took over baghdad, but its not over until Saddam is captured or killed, then its fully done, same with his stupid ass dirty kids. Yes he's not controlling Iraq anymore, but he still needs to be caught or killed.
    *Two in the Chest, One in the Head*

○Νє*

Official Misc Meat Head #3

Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They are fighting the war ya fat Irish freak. Baghdad still has some areas that are NOT secured. They feel that not getting killed is probably a bigger priority than saving the town from looters.

Any other stupid questions?

RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Cerbinator
    They are fighting the war ya fat Irish freak. Baghdad still has some areas that are NOT secured. They feel that not getting killed is probably a bigger priority than saving the town from looters.

LOL, well said
    *Two in the Chest, One in the Head*

○Νє*

Official Misc Meat Head #3

belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) belfast-biker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: WTF are the Americans doing now that they've "won" the war?

Originally posted by trainevenharder
    I personally think the Americans weren't expecting Baghdad to fall this quickly and therefore weren't ready to start policing when the city fell so suddenly.

Fair point.

But you see the Brits sorting out Basra quickly, perhaps due to their Northern Ireland tours of duty, and the GI's initially reported standing WATCHING the looting and vigilantes run riot.

Where's the leadership? Don't occupying/liberating armies have a duty to restore law and order?

What happened to acting quickly, fluidly?

(But I *do* take your point.)
    Margoilis - “The more nations the US attacks or occupies, the more terrorists there will be.”

And the GI's *watching* the looters... they're *supervising* I presume?

And try to not get personal, there's a good chap. See how trainedevenharder replies? He may have differeing opinions to me, but he never insults me because of my size...you should try it.

It's called debating. Adults do it.

LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: WTF are the Americans doing now that they've "won" the war?

Well done...

Thanks!!! I am proud of our soldiers.

Re: Re: WTF are the Americans doing now that they've "won" the war?

Originally posted by LethalGunz34
    Thanks!!! I am proud of our soldiers.

"Watching people loot and beat each other" while the Brits get on with the job of restoring law and order NOW?

Strange boy.

I think in this case though, it's a leadership issue.

Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Let's not pretend that your first post was anything mature...

"holding their dicks?"

Adults don't mock people who are risking their lives for people they don't even know.

The US soldiers are not going to shoot people who have been suffering for 25 years because they want to steal an arm-chair from the regime.

They do, however, have many soldiers guarding the main hospitals, the banks, and the main market place. So please forgive them if they can't be EVERYWHERE AT ONCE KILLING LOOTERS ON SIGHT. Also please forgive them if they decide that saving that cloth couch from Saddam's 'ministry of whatever' just isn't worth shooting someone over.

The museum was an unfortunate target that was unguarded. I assure you they would not have allowed that if they were present.

The reason I got "personal", is because this was obviously anti-American and very ****in childish. Insinuating that the Brits are doing great but the Americans are incompetent is just foolish. I'd have more respect for you if you would have said "I hate Americans, and here is why: ..." Instead you tip-toe around the subject and question our military, which just so happens to have done an awsome job so far.

I don't know how fat you are and I really don't care. I call everyone from Ireland a fat Irish freak. It's a joke. For you though, I wasn't trying to be funny.

LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: Re: Re: WTF are the Americans doing now that they've "won" the war?

"Watching people loot and beat each other" while the Brits get on with the job of restoring law and order NOW?

Strange boy.

I think in this case though, it's a leadership issue.
    Did you read the paper today? The soldiers are now arresting those who are looting and putting them behind bars. The war ended(well, it's not over yet) only a couple of days ago and you expect the coutry to go back to normal in under 48 hours? Think logically, man.

<other guff snipped, due to it basically admitting that the GI's aren't restoring law and order, as required to by international law.>

Insinuating that the Brits are doing great but the Americans are incompetent is just foolish.

Not incompentent, but "holding their dicks" was the term I used, while people run rampant. They have a responsibility once they occupy to restore law and order, and aren't doing it yet. What's wrong with questioning that? The Brits can do it. Why are the GI's late in doing it, was all I was implying.

I call everyone from Ireland a fat Irish freak. It's a joke. For you though, I wasn't trying to be funny.

It would just be nice to debate with people without them losing the plot by resorting to personal attacks - a sure sign of someone with nothing more intelligent to say on their side of the argument.

Shame.

ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would say that, since the US has still been receiving fire in Baghdad in the past fews days, they have to worry about that rather than worry about looters. The more things calm down, the more they will be able to police the area, as they are doing now that it has calmed down.
    Scott

Re: Re: Re: Re: WTF are the Americans doing now that they've "won" the war?

Did you read the paper today? The soldiers are now arresting those who are looting and putting them behind bars. The war ended(well, it's not over yet) only a couple of days ago and you expect the coutry to go back to normal in under 48 hours? Think logically, man.

It's as simple as this - while looting went on, while vigilante groups struck, GI's WATCHED, while British troops SHOT looters.

I'm glad they're finally starting to wake up, but christ, they were slow to react.

BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you asked.... our soldiers "searching" for WMD's and documents in one of saddam's private houses
    Attached Images

Originally posted by BigAssDeltoids
    you asked.... our soldiers "searching" for WMD's and documents in one of saddam's private houses

<thread railroad>
    That is an awesome painting actually....
    </thread railroad>

ThePunisher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off, we have not conquered all of Baghdad yet.

2nd, the war is far from over as Saddam has over 350,000 troops in his army.

Besides the ones whom have died or surrendered, where are the rest.

A BIG battle looms in the distance.

I am very proud of our soldiers as I love them all for what they are doing, and I have friends over there in Iraq, but this is not over yet.

People are jumping the gun.

Re: Re: Re: Re: WTF are the Americans doing now that they've "won" the war?

did you read the news? looters are plundering iraq's national museums... those are ANTIQUES, from the very beggining of civilization as we know it... it had some of the first known writing....the tablets with Hammurabi's Code ... artifacts from 10,000 years of human civilization, gone... simply because of our refusal to do anything... all we had to do was put an american tank in front of the museum and a couple soldiers around it, none of this would have happened

The Americans knew that the museum was at risk and could have protected it, said Patty Gerstenblith, a professor at DePaul School of Law in Chicago who helped circulate a petition before the war, urging that care be taken to protect Iraqi antiquities.

"It was completely inexcusable and avoidable," she said.

source: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ed_treasures_5

Originally posted by ThePunisher
    A BIG battle looms in the distance.

Tikrit may indeed be a bitch.

All of the remains of the goddamn Iraqi Rep. and Spec. Rep. Guard could be there...

Canadians.

Why not formally ask for help from the Canadians now?

I believe they make an excellent and experienced peace keeping force?

It would just be nice to debate with people without them losing the plot by resorting to personal attacks - a sure sign of someone with nothing more intelligent to say on their side of the argument.
    Ummm, get over it maybe? So sorry I hurt your feelings. You say this is an adult board. Well then, be a man and take your flames instead of taking it personal. You posted flame bait, expect flames...That's all there is to it. If you can't take the flames, don't post bull**** flame bait like that. Also, if you are so intelligent, stop repeating yourself and start "debating". You just keep repeating the first post over and over, as if it were a masterpiece.

I'm not sure if I can say this in a way that you would understand, because I've already said it once and you obviously missed that.

I'll try it in bold and all caps, to make it easy to read...

THE WAR IN IRAQ IS NOT OVER. THE BATTLES IN BAGHDAD HAVE NOT EVEN STOPPED. THEY STILL NEED TO SECURE MANY AREAS OF BAGHDAD, AND ALSO BEGIN THEIR UPCOMING GROUND ATTACK OF TIKRIT. SO FOR THESE REASONS I JUST STATED, THEY CANNOT FOCUS ALL OF THEIR EFFORTS ON RESTORING LAW AND ORDER JUST YET. HOWEVER, THEY ARE DOING WHAT THEY CAN, GUARDING THE MOST IMPORTANT AREAS IN BAGHDAD. BASRA IS MUCH SMALLER THAN BAGHDAD, REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR MAP SAYS. PLUS, THE BRITISH HAVE STAYED THERE FOR A LONG TIME, AND DO NOT HAVE TO ATTACK TIKRIT AS WE DO. SO LOGICALLY, IT WOULD SEEM MUCH EASIER TO CONTROL BASRA.

Was that better? Maybe next time you can address that instead of just another redundant post.

dave21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow that picture really hurts ya hippie, 2 soldiers taking a break from fighting a war. You probably expect them not to sleep either, don't you have a useless protest to go to?

So sorry I hurt your feelings.

You didn't. I was pointing out your immaturity, nothing else. Time to grow up son, and argue like a man. Saying "Fat Irish Freak" *isn't actually arguing*, despite what you've read in whatever books you have access to. This ain't kindergarten anymore.

You posted flame bait

Ah, there we disagree. I was basically asking why GI's were watching people loot instead of doing something about it. But at least they've finally realised they need to do something about it now...which is nice.

Was that better?

Not really, but good effort.

Oh, I see. You have no point to be made. Just another redundant post. You are not even worth arguing with.

Nice ignorant thread. First by saying we have already "won" a war that isn't even over, then by not even having anything to back up your argument. Your trump card is "you have to insult to make your point". Well, I got news for ya. I haven't insulted since that first post, and you still can't get over it because you have NOTHING. Nice try though "mate". Thanks for playing.

Bye now.

Originally posted by dave21
    Wow that picture really hurts ya hippie, 2 soldiers taking a break from fighting a war. You probably expect them not to sleep either, don't you have a useless protest to go to?

im no hippie you ***... why dont you shut your mouth and go fight, seeing as how you care soo much about the war, you fat ****ing nerd

Re: Canadians.

Why not formally ask for help from the Canadians now?

I believe they make an excellent and experienced peace keeping force?

Yeah.............................................. .........................................

Re: Re: Canadians.

Yeah.............................................. .........................................

I wasn't joking.

dave21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

im no hippie you ***... why dont you shut your mouth and go fight, seeing as how you care soo much about the war, you fat ****ing nerd
    Looks like we got a tough guy here okay you're no hippie you just want a sense of belonging, is that why you protest? Why shouldn't I care about the war, anyone with half a brain knew it was only going to last like 3-5 weeks.

Silent Jhay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

<other guff snipped, due to it basically admitting that the GI's aren't restoring law and order, as required to by international law.>

Insinuating that the Brits are doing great but the Americans are incompetent is just foolish.

Not incompentent, but "holding their dicks" was the term I used, while people run rampant. They have a responsibility once they occupy to restore law and order, and aren't doing it yet. What's wrong with questioning that? The Brits can do it. Why are the GI's late in doing it, was all I was implying.

I call everyone from Ireland a fat Irish freak. It's a joke. For you though, I wasn't trying to be funny.

Shame.

Are you over there fighting?

ohh whats that? you aren't?
    THEN STFU DUMBASS