Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OatsandSteak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Steak_n_Taters View Post
    Some states have it. In states like Texas, there is no state level income tax, so they get most of their tax money from sales tax.

What we don't want is national income tax + state sales tax + national sales tax.
    Nor do I, but it's too late for me. People here seem to believe that all our taxes are alleviating us from burdens, that we have to rely on the Government for.
    I'll FIX your PHONE son MAN.

Registered User lightningwatche's Avatar
    lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50) lightningwatche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A nantional sales tax is blatantly unconstitutional. The 16th amendment specifically only gives congress the right to an income tax. If they pass the sales tax, I'll sue immediately, after I collect donations from other business owners.

As for the budget deficit, there is a much easier solution: cut spending.

Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    o'rly?

How is a factual list of taxes BS?
    saying that America was the most prosperous nation in 1908 is bull**** brah

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lightningwatche View Post
    A nantional sales tax is blatantly unconstitutional. The 16th amendment specifically only gives congress the right to an income tax. If they pass the sales tax, I'll sue immediately, after I collect donations from other business owners.

As for the budget deficit, there is a much easier solution: cut spending.
    It would be upheld under Article I, Section 8, first paragraph, I'm afraid.

Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    rofl at people "suing the govt".

They'll just write in the tax in a way that makes it constitutional. Make it a fee or something for something else...there are ways boys, get with the program.

Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    They'll soon tax us for paying our taxes. Of course that tax will necessitate another tax to pay for the cost of enforcing it.
    New journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121476491

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Spetsnazos View Post
    saying that America was the most prosperous nation in 1908 is bull**** brah
    You're trying to invalidate the list of taxes because you disapprove of a statement in the post. If you're unable to prove that the list of taxes is inaccurate then perhaps you should keep your opinions to yourself of the other clowns wearing the fur hats at GulagOnline or whatever Soviet site you frequent.
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

Originally Posted by El Gilbro View Post
    Link showing that the statement in his post is bull****?

Because all we have is your ROFL'ing over the statement. For all we know, you could be wrong.
    So you're under the belief that the US was the most prosperous nation in 1908??

I guess if you're already shown to be retarded there would be no point to show you proof.

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok get rid of incom tax, federal tax, and state tax.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷

https://www.twitter.com/eyeonpalestine

Mossad acronym: ISIS AKA Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

Originally Posted by Morbid_Mind View Post
    You're trying to invalidate the list of taxes because you disapprove of a statement in the post. If you're unable to prove that the list of taxes is inaccurate then perhaps you should keep your opinions to yourself of the other clowns wearing the fur hats at GulagOnline or whatever Soviet site you frequent.
    Well when part of the quote is bull****, I can only assume the rest is the same. I didnt even look at the list of taxes, i saw one sign of bull**** and moved on to the next post.

Originally Posted by OmniPotentTitan View Post
    I like how you support oppressive Government.
    I dont support it, i'm just trying to wake you up to the real world.

Zombie Defense Expert El Gilbro's Avatar
    El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by YUL View Post
    yea, I remember Quebec, 8% sales tax and GST of 7%. People just consume less, which is good

But here in PA, sales tax is only 6% and there's no tax on clothing. Makes overconsumption easy! plus, gas, tobacco and alcohol is dirt cheap!
    I'd accept an expanded sales tax in PA if the property tax were elminated....but I don't trust them to do that. Our luck, they'd say they would eliminate property tax, but would find a reason to keep it only after successfully expanding the sales tax.

El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000) El Gilbro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So you're under the belief that the US was the most prosperous nation in 1908??

I guess if you're already shown to be retarded there would be no point to show you proof.
    All I asked for was proof. That's all. No need to call me retarded.

Originally Posted by El Gilbro View Post
    All I asked for was proof. That's all. No need to call me retarded.
    if you need proof, then a few marbles are missing...

if you need proof, then a few marbles are missing...
    Okie dokie, I'll just take your refusal to provide simple proof as inability to provide simple proof. Good day, sir.

But I only wanted to tone Viking22's Avatar
    Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by HoosierBoy View Post
    How long before the concept of the "state" becomes confined to the history books?

"I used to live in Nevada, now I just live in the United States."
    Yeah!! And I used to live in Illlino......wait.....that's no good either.
    Green: It's the new Red

Let's just pray we're still allowed to vote in 2012.

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well when part of the quote is bull****, I can only assume the rest is the same. I didnt even look at the list of taxes, i saw one sign of bull**** and moved on to the next post.
    Because someone posts an opinion that you disagree with doesn't mean facts posted previously become wrong.

Come on man you know this. You are just trying to be 100% right so much you can't see what's right in front of you.

If I say 2 +2 = 4, followed my "all Jews suck," my crappy opinion on Jews doesn't mean 2 + 2 =/= 4.
    Don't complain about the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.

Because someone posts an opinion that you disagree with doesn't mean facts posted previously become wrong.

Come on man you know this. You are just trying to be 100% right so much you can't see what's right in front of you.

If I say 2 +2 = 4, followed my "all Jews suck," my crappy opinion on Jews doesn't mean 2 + 2 =/= 4.
    I know what you mean and I agree the list of taxes is long and most are bull****

Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Steak_n_Taters has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know what you mean and I agree the list of taxes is long and most are bull****
    Ok. We agree then.
    Don't complain about the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do.

SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50) SB_Stong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jwbeeler View Post
    Would you change your mind if you paid $45k in taxes last year? The idea that "everyone has to do his/her part" is complete lunacy. Additional taxes will not be used to pay down the deficit, they will be used for "programs" and "free money" give aways (read: welfare). It should start with making those who expect something for nothing begin to WORK for OUR money...

With a flat tax, YOU would have control over the amount of tax you pay. If you don't want to pay a tax, you simply don't buy the goods. It's simple. Those who make more money would pay more taxes as they would spend more than those who did not.

Take a look at your paycheck. Look at the Gross - would you like to have all that money every two weeks? Then, paying 10% more for something with a flat tax would not be so bad, would it? What percentage tax is taken from your check? I guarantee it's more than 10%.
    If it makes you feel better I do support a flat tax. It would take away the incentives of being poor and Americans would start becoming more competitive towards one another which is better for the country as a whole.

Even people with sub-par intelligence can make it good in America simply because the the will for others to strive is mising from the equation.

frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) frankenstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow. Just wow. So a national sales tax is being proposed to pay for universal healthcare. Oh wait, no forget that. I thought we'd pay for universal healthcare (socialized medicine) with letting the "Bush tax cuts" expire and improvements in Medicare cost cutting. That's what we were told just a few months ago:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...co/19334/print

I see deception run amok here.
    ---ATTENTION ALL FATASSES: stop whining and put the fork down!!

Trying to cure poverty with government is like trying to sober up with whiskey shots.

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some states have it. In states like Texas, there is no state level income tax, so they get most of their tax money from sales tax.

What we don't want is national income tax + state sales tax + national sales tax.
    In Idaho we would have National Income Tax + National Sales Tax + State Income Tax + State Sales Tax.

Just what we need in a weakened economy - EVEN LESS BUYING POWER than we already have.

btw - Currently we pay a 6.5% sales tax and I pay more in state income taxes annually than I do on federal income taxes, so in retrospect it sounds like Texas is 'dirt cheap' in comparison.

The 'change' Obama was talking about is the 'change' that he has taken out of my pockets.
    Last edited by IdahoViking; 05-27-2009 at 12:24 PM.

jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwbeeler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IdahoViking View Post
    The 'change' Obama was talking about is the 'change' that he has taken out of my pockets.
    Yep...this is exactly what I said before the election...be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A national sales tax is unconstitutional. But who pays attention to a 200 year old living document!

Amendment 16 - Status of Income Tax Clarified. Ratified 2/3/1913.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration

History
    16th Amendment
    In 1895, in the Supreme Court case of Pollock v Farmer's Loan and Trust (157 U.S. 429), the Court disallowed a federal tax on income from real property. The tax was designed to be an indirect tax, which would mean that states need not contribute portions of a whole relative to its census figures. The Court, however, ruled that the tax was a direct tax and subject to apportionment. This was the last in a series of conflicting court decisions dating back to the Civil War. Between 1895 and 1909, when the amendment was passed by Congress, the Court began to back down on its position, as it became clear not only to accountants but to everyone that the solvency of the nation was in jeopardy. In a series of cases, the definition of "direct tax" was modified, bent, twisted, and coaxed to allow more taxation efforts that approached an income tax.

Finally, with the ratification of the 16th Amendment, any doubt was removed. The text of the Amendment makes it clear that though the categories of direct and indirect taxation still exist, any determination that income tax is a direct tax will be irrelevant, because taxes on incomes, from salary or from real estate, are explicitly to be treated as indirect. The Congress passed the Amendment on July 12, 1909, and it was ratified on February 3, 1913 (1,302 days).

bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    wtf is up with they want a national tax???

soon you won't have any $$$ to your name anymore, you will just hand over all funds to the u.s government

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bluebeltATT View Post

soon you won't have any $$$ to your name anymore, you will just hand over all funds to the u.s government
    That's the plan.....comrade!

Hope and Change aren't free, ya know! Gotta fund it somehow.

bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bluebeltATT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    That's the plan.....comrade!
    Thats horse****! how do we stop these theives?

i don't want to bust my ass for 12 hours a day and have nothing to show for it

Thats horse****! how do we stop these theives?

i don't want to bust my ass for 12 hours a day and have nothing to show for it
    1) Tea parties
    2) Tax revolt. This only works for the income tax! If everyone claimed married, head of household and 20 dependents all year I think Washington would get the message!
    3) elections
    4) I'm not going to say it on a message board. But it involves bullets!

awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) awahl63 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    F*ck this
    Ron Paul 2012

5k+