AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Can somebody with bulking experience guide me in the right direction...

I'm 17, weigh 145lbs as of now, and need to bulk I have been looking at a lot of other peoples logs, but many of them are not in my price range.... and I can't cook for my life i.e things like steak or chicken. Does anybody have a good cheap diet and can post it or message me it? I listed the times I'm able to eat below. I only own a weight bench with some attachments and a heavybag but nothing else haha so my workouts aren't as good as if I went to the gym.

7:00AM

12:00AM (I'm stuck in school and this is my lunch period)

3:00PM (Workout time)

The rest of the day I can eat at w/e you think is a good time.

RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AnthonyL1991 View Post
    I'm 17, weigh 145lbs as of now, and need to bulk I have been looking at a lot of other peoples logs, but many of them are not in my price range.... and I can't cook for my life i.e things like steak or chicken. Does anybody have a good cheap diet and can post it or message me it? I listed the times I'm able to eat below. I only own a weight bench with some attachments and a heavybag but nothing else haha so my workouts aren't as good as if I went to the gym.

7:00AM

12:00AM (I'm stuck in school and this is my lunch period)

3:00PM (Workout time)

The rest of the day I can eat at w/e you think is a good time.
    Why does everyone make things harder than they need to be.

Not gaining weight? Eat larger portions......still not gaining....eat more.

Get enough protein....shouldnt have to change anything to acheive this..its pretty easy.

You don't need special food, you don't need a special diet.

Eat enough calories and protein, fuel your workout (should be just fine with a big lunch), and train properly.

Focus less on diet, and more on training properly.

Good luck.
    Last edited by RandyJH; 05-27-2009 at 05:19 AM.
    Just livin' the dream...

Make me lift heavy! My workout journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=541721083#post541721083

AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnthonyL1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RandyJH View Post
    Why does everyone make things harder than they need to be.

Not gaining weight? Eat larger portions......still not gaining....eat more.

Get enough protein....shouldnt have to change anything to acheive this..its pretty easily.

You don't need special food, you don't need a special diet.

Eat enough calories and protein, fuel your workout (should be just fine with a big lunch), and train properly.

Focus less on diet, and more on training properly.

Good luck.
    You honestly have no clue what your talking about. A proper diet is a key essential in weight gain or lose. I started lifting weights and running at the age of 14 and now I'm 17, but even though I'm extremely cut I have not gained much mass at all and with the way my metabolism is I need a certain high protein/calorie diet to gain the mass I want. I don't want to be the skinny guy with an 8 pack the rest of my life, so leave your useless posts out of these forums. Thanks.

RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000)
    You honestly have no clue what your talking about. A proper diet is a key essential in weight gain or lose. I started lifting weights and running at the age of 14 and now I'm 17, but even though I'm extremely cut I have not gained much mass at all and with the way my metabolism is I need a certain high protein/calorie diet to gain the mass I want. I don't want to be the skinny guy with an 8 pack the rest of my life, so leave your useless posts out of these forums. Thanks.
    Who said anything about a proper diet not being important?

A proper diet is easily achieved.

Eat enough calories to achieve desired weight of weight change, eat enough protein. Have plenty of carbs, and plenty of fats. Use common sense.

Thats all that matters.

I'm sorry that you are having issues understanding a simple concept. I blame our public schooling system.
    Just livin' the dream...

Make me lift heavy! My workout journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=541721083#post541721083

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off if you need more money, get a job. You won't see good gains until you have proper lifting equipment. With this said, kill 2 birds with one stone and get a part-time job at a gym. Free membership and extra cash in your pocket.

Eat more eggs, beans, and rice if you want cheap calories.

Originally Posted by cyde View Post
    First off if you need more money, get a job. You won't see good gains until you have proper lifting equipment. With this said, kill 2 birds with one stone and get a part-time job at a gym. Free membership and extra cash in your pocket.

Eat more eggs, beans, and rice if you want cheap calories.
    I would get a job if I had time.

Monday-Friday

7AM-3PM = School
    3PM-4PM = Workout
    4PM-6PM = Muay Thai & Brazilian Jujitsu
    6PM-9PM = Homework & Dinner

Saturday

7AM-10AM = High Altitude Conditioning
    Rest of the day out with friends.. every1 needs a life

Sunday

Family Day

Please let me know where I can find a job that will enable me to earn enough for supps and equipments working a few hours on saturday....

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You ask for help and then flame him? What an ass.....

Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brando0331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No way, A high school kid with an attitude problem....
    :} CATZCREW BRAH :}

brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brownmj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've got to go with Randy on this. Supps, MRPs etc are convenient and exact meal composition and timing might make a small difference but I think it really does come down to eating more. It sounds like you won't have trouble with gaining unwanted fat so do it up. Take hard boiled eggs with you for snacks, grind up oatmeal and drink it with water as a gainer shake and just eat bigger meals. Focus on core lifts, bench, squat, deadlift, they don't require much equipment. Good luck.

danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I normaly won't post to youngsters, (no offence) but I find most of them to be just plain disrespectful and rude......not saying that you are....... BUTTTTTTTTTTTT...... here we go.
    To add mass the formula is a simple one, 2-3g of carbs per lb of bodyweight and 1.5-2g of protein per lb. of bodyweight.
    Good source of carbs and cheap, RICE,POTATOES,YAMS,OATMEAL,BREAD,PASTA etc.
    Protein not so cheap but you need to get like canned chicken (low sodium),tuna in packets(take them with you and mix with rice or whatever) beans, eggs, 1% milk etc.
    The trick is to spread out your meals throughout the day 6-7 meals. So at least plan on buying some of those tupperware sandwich containers, what I do is make up all my meals and seperate them at night before bed and shove them in the fridge. If at all possible try try try to get some weight gainer and supplement your meals with those also. But also equally important is your training, train hard and up to 5 days a week splitting up your body parts.
    Like---- mon:chest
    Tue:shoulders
    Wed:Legs
    Thur:Bi's and Tri's
    Fri : Back
    Another thing is to drink PLENTY of water up to a gal a day,it keeps your muscles full and hydrated.
    Hope this helps a little .. if you need help with some workout plan just message me or send an email and tell me what you have to work with and I'll help you out.
    Don't go by my recent picks either, just beleive me I have been of for about 8 years due to injury etc. but I am back, in my 30's I was about 245lbs with a 30 inch waist and benching over 400 I do know what I am doing. I just got back to the weightlifting scene and well I was about 306lbs and lost 50 in less than 3 months ....not too bad for an old man ...lol...
    Good luck..

RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RazorMK has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why dont u bring a bag of food to school and eat while the teacher talks on the board ?
    its best

Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nfinitecc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would get a job if I had time.

Monday-Friday

7AM-3PM = School
    3PM-4PM = Workout
    4PM-6PM = Muay Thai & Brazilian Jujitsu
    6PM-9PM = Homework & Dinner

Saturday

7AM-10AM = High Altitude Conditioning
    Rest of the day out with friends.. every1 needs a life

Sunday

Family Day

Please let me know where I can find a job that will enable me to earn enough for supps and equipments working a few hours on saturday....
    See this kind of thing is annoying to me. You obviousley dont want it enough. My schedule...

Monday - Friday
    WORK - 6am to 4pm
    COLLEGE - 5pm to 9pm
    And i have a wife and son, I go home and spend time with them, after they go to bed around 10, i go to the gym from 10:15 to 11:30, aftre that i get home and cook my meals for the next day, all 6 of them, i hit the sack around 12.

Saturday - WORK 6am to 4pm. Then family time and gym.

Sunday is my off day to recover, cook, spend time with my family.

If you want it bad enough you'll find time for everything, and i still hang out with friends.

AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10) AndrewCa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    He's young just let him grow up.. He think that he'll be big by eating a bit and lifting a day or two.. Sorry bro I work 40 hours plus and train 2 hours 5 days a week and still got time to go out with friends.. Don't use your excuse for not having time to work ..

Originally Posted by danaguesswho View Post
    I normaly won't post to youngsters, (no offence) but I find most of them to be just plain disrespectful and rude......not saying that you are....... BUTTTTTTTTTTTT...... here we go.
    To add mass the formula is a simple one, 2-3g of carbs per lb of bodyweight and 1.5-2g of protein per lb. of bodyweight.Good source of carbs and cheap, RICE,POTATOES,YAMS,OATMEAL,BREAD,PASTA etc.
    Protein not so cheap but you need to get like canned chicken (low sodium),tuna in packets(take them with you and mix with rice or whatever) beans, eggs, 1% milk etc.
    The trick is to spread out your meals throughout the day 6-7 meals. So at least plan on buying some of those tupperware sandwich containers, what I do is make up all my meals and seperate them at night before bed and shove them in the fridge. If at all possible try try try to get some weight gainer and supplement your meals with those also. But also equally important is your training, train hard and up to 5 days a week splitting up your body parts. Like---- mon:chest
    Tue:shoulders
    Wed:Legs
    Thur:Bi's and Tri's
    Fri : Back
    Another thing is to drink PLENTY of water up to a gal a day,it keeps your muscles full and hydrated.
    Hope this helps a little .. if you need help with some workout plan just message me or send an email and tell me what you have to work with and I'll help you out.
    Don't go by my recent picks either, just beleive me I have been of for about 8 years due to injury etc. but I am back, in my 30's I was about 245lbs with a 30 inch waist and benching over 400 I do know what I am doing. I just got back to the weightlifting scene and well I was about 306lbs and lost 50 in less than 3 months ....not too bad for an old man ...lol...
    Good luck..
    I'm sorry sir, but that is really poor advice. And your right, people are often rude on these forums.

I bolded what seems to be false advice.

First of all, he doesnt need that much protein at all. In fact, I don't think any natural athlete thats bulking needs that much protein. When your cutting, or using anabolics you can make an argument for it but thats about it.

Sodium is not something that needs to be worried about at all. There are exceptions, such as if he has an issue with high blood pressure. Otherwise as athletes we need more sodium anyways.

Meal frequency has no affect on body composistion, this has been beaten to death. The only benefit he would have from meal frequency would be helping him eat more. Otherwise getting consuming your calories in 3 meals=consuming your calories in 7 meals.

That routine is awful for a beginning trainer, let alone an athlete. The best option for someone like him would either be full body 3x a week, or possibly an upper lower split of some sort. For an athlete, compound movements are key. Also explosive movements such as power cleans/ hang cleans would likely be of great benefit.
    Just livin' the dream...

man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Meal frequency has no affect on body composistion, this has been beaten to death.
    It's not about spreading your calories overall in meals , but spreading the protein is quite okay. I've sacrificed just over a month at the beginning of the year trying out having most of my protein in roughly 2 meals and the other period having it every few hours. There was a [not a huge, but quite noticeable] difference in progress.

Anyway most people will tell you protein every few hours helps ..... nitrogen balance .... not being able to properly , effectively digest a huge amount of protein in one meal ,etc....

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    RandyJH is 100% right.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danaguesswho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

I'm sorry sir, but that is really poor advice. And your right, people are often rude on these forums.

First of all, he doesnt need that much protein at all. In fact, I don't think any natural athlete thats bulking needs that much protein. When your cutting, or using anabolics you can make an argument for it but thats about it.

Sodium is not something that needs to be worried about at all. There are exceptions, such as if he has an issue with high blood pressure. Otherwise as athletes we need more sodium anyways.

Meal frequency has no affect on body composistion, this has been beaten to death. The only benefit he would have from meal frequency would be helping him eat more. Otherwise getting consuming your calories in 3 meals=consuming your calories in 7 meals.

That routine is awful for a beginning trainer, let alone an athlete. The best option for someone like him would either be full body 3x a week, or possibly an upper lower split of some sort. For an athlete, compound movements are key. Also explosive movements such as power cleans/ hang cleans would likely be of great benefit.

Again another reason why it is I don't like to try and help people on here , Randy you look as though you really know what you are talking about, so gee I guess all the bodybuilders who do that exact same thing to bulk up are wrong too,,,,lol.....ok well the kid can listen to you who looks like you are 160 lbs soaking wet or listen to what BODY>BUILDERS< (key word builders) do.
    I could do exact quotes from articles from MUSCLE BUILDING MAGS and experts but that would be just plagerizm, SO I read tons of mags on and offline and have been for probably longer than you have been alive and most likely forgot more than you think you know.
    So lets see, I have been back to the gym for about 4 weeks with 7 years off to injuries, I have been doing what I know works to diet 3-4 weeks prior to that and have lost 50 lbs and have made substantial gains in mass but I am wrong in how I am doing it.....LOL....
    I have lost 50 lbs and made gains in all my lifts and put on inches everywhere ( I want to) and taken inches off (where I don't want them) but I don't know what I am talking about .....righttttttttt....gotcha....
    I got a challenge for you son if you think you know so much and are all that.....lets do a little challenge here and see what each of us looks like in 8 months from now.....how about that.....personal challenge just me and you ....
    Are you game if so you need to taske some before photos and post them on your profile page ,I have just posted one yesterday....So once a month we will post pics and lets see who looks better by the end of 8 months....
    I am 41 this should be a breeze for a young whipper snapper like yourself.....Let me know if you want to do the challenge ....lets see that great knowlege you have there put to practical WORK....
    HAVE A GREAT DAY SON!

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)

"danaguesswho" actually provided good advice in terms of this kid bulking up. He asked for advice from those who have done it before. Read the heading. From your picture it looks like all you've bulked up lately is a tab at the local chinese buffet jks

Protein does need to be relatively high, since the kid should be training heavy and on a frequent basis. You need it for recovery. He's looking to grow here, not stay where he is now. You gotta shock your body to change. Give it a reason to.

Sodium isn't really an issue whilst bulking up at that age, i agree.

Meal frequency isn't that important in terms of physically gaining mass, but it is important in terms of being realistic. 6-7 smaller meals are much more doable for most people, than 2-3 huge dumpings of food that take hours to eat. We're talkin good nutritious food here, not junk that can take 10mins to scoff off. Plastic containers are great for carrying around your pre-cooked food.

Training 4-5x a week is perfectly normal for a young kid bulking up. One body part per day is a highly successful training setup. Most of us older bb'ers still adopt this setup, since it allows people to focus their entire workout on one thing, go as heavy as they can, and with volume. All vital things to building muscle at his stage. It's a much easier way to hypertrophy imo. Full body workouts and upper/lower splits aren't that great for someone like him looking to get big, again imo. It's better to just expend all your energy on one thing when you go to the gym and smash something up, then let it have time to recover. 3x a week is like nothing man. That's a pretty low workload, regardless of what said 3 workouts consist of.

And like "danaguesswho" said, don't forget the water. Drink drink drinkkk! Massively overlooked quite often.

OP, i know what you're goin through man. I started mine back when i was 19, 150lbs. What i did was get a job (i know it's hard for you since you're down on time), get some money behind me, eat a lot of food day in day out. Lift heavy as ****, day in day out. That's it bro. Consistent persistence.

You gotta do things differently to what you are now, both with your exercise and your food. Otherwise the body doesn't change. You have to send it a message via your actions.
    Last edited by Simmo0508; 05-27-2009 at 11:09 PM.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

Thanks simon, no seriously though I put up pics to remind myself where I started AGAIN from. I don't put them up to impress the girls on bodyspace, I am over 40 have been away from the gym for over 7 yrs and although I haven't been pysically active AT ALL for that time I have still kept up on different techniques and reading about bodybuilding from time to time.
    To be over 300 lbs and have the balls to even post pics like that says a lot about my character and where I want to take this bodybuilding.
    Also to drop 50 lbs in less than 3 months tells you I do know what I am doing. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I will be 100% improved and down to at least 12% BF by my one year anniversary back to the gym come 11 months from now.
    But back to the at hand conversation................
    "FOCUS ON DIET EVEN MORE THAN ON TRAINING
    In two very distinct bodybuilding populations -- competitors and hardgainers -- nutrition is more critical than training. Pros understand this, and they devote far more time each day to their nutrition than they do to their training. Hardgainers, unfortunately, have trouble learning this lesson. If you want to add muscle mass, you have to give your body the nutrients and calories it needs for growth. Chances are you already train like a beast. You can stimulate your muscle mass all you want, but it won't grow if you aren't giving it the necessary raw materials. Make nutrition priority one if you're a hardgainer. "

"One mistake many bodybuilders make when they enter a mass-building phase is to add too many calories too quickly. If you're eating 3,000 calories a day for bodyweight maintenance, and you want to increase your calorie consumption to 4,000 to add more muscle mass, the most effective strategy is to do so in increments of 300-500 calories. Allow your body to adapt to this new caloric level for seven to 10 days before bumping up calories a second time. This slow approach to increasing calories allows your body to more effectively use this additional energy rather than storing it as bodyfat. "

" Because bodybuilding is one rough sport for anyone, people tend to be extreme thinkers. When it comes to training and nutrition, many people adopt an all or nothing mentality. Often, this can run counter to long-term goals. If you're on a diet and you're effectively stripping bodyfat, don't try to rush the process by cutting calories or carbohydrates down to nothing. When you're in a mass-building phase, you must force-feed your body to a certain extent, but adding thousands of calories more than you need for maintenance will only overcram you and encourage bodyfat storage in your body. Finally, if life events force you to miss a meal or two, don't beat yourself up about it. The negative hormone response you generate from stressing is far more harmful to your overall goals than a lost opportunity to take in 500 calories. Don't sweat th esmall stuff. "

Again another reason why it is I don't like to try and help people on here , Randy you look as though you really know what you are talking about, so gee I guess all the bodybuilders who do that exact same thing to bulk up are wrong too,,,,lol.....ok well the kid can listen to you who looks like you are 160 lbs soaking wet or listen to what BODY>BUILDERS< (key word builders) do.
    I could do exact quotes from articles from MUSCLE BUILDING MAGS and experts but that would be just plagerizm, SO I read tons of mags on and offline and have been for probably longer than you have been alive and most likely forgot more than you think you know.
    So lets see, I have been back to the gym for about 4 weeks with 7 years off to injuries, I have been doing what I know works to diet 3-4 weeks prior to that and have lost 50 lbs and have made substantial gains in mass but I am wrong in how I am doing it.....LOL....
    I have lost 50 lbs and made gains in all my lifts and put on inches everywhere ( I want to) and taken inches off (where I don't want them) but I don't know what I am talking about .....righttttttttt....gotcha....
    I got a challenge for you son if you think you know so much and are all that.....lets do a little challenge here and see what each of us looks like in 8 months from now.....how about that.....personal challenge just me and you ....
    Are you game if so you need to taske some before photos and post them on your profile page ,I have just posted one yesterday....So once a month we will post pics and lets see who looks better by the end of 8 months....
    I am 41 this should be a breeze for a young whipper snapper like yourself.....Let me know if you want to do the challenge ....lets see that great knowlege you have there put to practical WORK....
    HAVE A GREAT DAY SON!
    First of all, I'm probably about 168 lbs, good guess tho. 8 lbs off isnt bad at all. Which reminds me, I should weigh myself soon, hopefully I'm getting near 185+. Wish me luck!

Also congrats on being more immature than most 16 year olds on here, thats an accomplishment if I've ever seen one.

Further more, I would hope to god you would be able to make more drastic changes in your physique being that obese (not being offensive, its just science). When someone has a very high fat to lean mass ratio, they can make phenominal gains in there physique very rapidly. I wish you the best of luck!

If you want to see a few pictures of me, go ahead and swing by my training log in my sig. Feel free to leave a comment if you would like.

You can also take a peak at my transfermation if you would like.

A common side affect of growing older is being set in your ways and argueing new valid science based information. I won't step down to your level for the sake of argueing.

I'll respond more later, right now I'm in class so my time is limited.
    Just livin' the dream...

All I am going to say is the valid science theory may hold water but it depends on where you are getting your information.
    Set in my ways as you have put is not a valid stament since the MAJORITY of my information that I get is from sites like , oh lets see, .... muscleandfitness.com, flexonline.com,musculardevelopment.com and the likes. So therefore I would say that might be pretty up to date unless of course they are all old and set in their ways too...but I kinda doubt it. So perhaps you may try and come up with another expaination . No wait they are wrong and you are right again lol....gotcha....
    If you didn't want to do the challenge all you had to do was say so instead of insulting my intelligence by the retaliating attempt at counter-insulting me with the, " your more immature than most 16 yr olds on here" statement.
    It's ok though, I am glad you think so.
    As far as the excuse about not wanting the challenge, another good one and personally I could give a rats ass what you or anyone else thinks on here I don't come here to impress you with todays science (as you so elequently put it) or my master physique obviously. I come to help a few people with any and all knowlege availiable to me WHEREVER I may find it. So for you to have posted 1300 some odd times tells me that you just spend more time here trying to prove to people that you are something that you aren't than actually doing something about it.
    Yeah it might not be the exact science you are finding ELSWHERE but it WORKS all the same and it has worked for others or otherwise it wouldn't be information that the PROS use and stick by. It wouldn't be information put on BODYBUILDING sites run by bodybuilders. So say whatever you want , swear up and down bla bla bla that you are right and everyone else is wrong but one day you will wake up and find yourself to be STUCK IN YOUR WAYS....
    have a GREAT DAY! feel free to stop by once and a while and leave me a message and let me know how you are making out..
    Take care.

Registered User LatinoMusculito's Avatar
    LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50) LatinoMusculito will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HAVE A GREAT DAY SON!
    No offense but this is just absurd.

Okay, first of all 1.5-2g of protein on a bulk is not necessary for the young lad. That principle may have some merit if we're talking about CUTTING or AAS, like Randy has said. In the scenario presented by the OP, taking in that protein is not only hard, it is a waste of money when he could easily pack on those calories better with fat and carboyhydrates.

Second of all, you are not a bodybuilder. You are fat. And not only that, you are parading your supposed great losses and gains I check your pics and what I see is this:

Seriously who the hell are you tryign to fool? You are like a child! In the first pic you are just fat. In the second pic you are just as fat doing a FDB and WEARING A TANK TOP TO HIDE YOUR STOMACH!!

Be honest with yourself, you MAY have lost alot of weight, but you are NOT adding inches where you want and losing where you want like some magician. It all takes hard work and looking at your pics there is nothing impressive about them.

Come on man... this is just absurd.

BTW, no hating, just calling you out since you seem so confident and acting like a child.

Randy's advice ****s all over yours.

And weigt training 5x a week when he OP has mentioned his schedule and is doing MMA? Get REAL! Even if he wasn't doing the MMA, 5x a week totally overkill for him... 2-3x a week is suffice for GREAT gains in his case. I wouldn't train more than 4x a week if I was bulking.

Training +5x a week is reasonable on a cut, or on AAS. Nothing more.
    Last edited by LatinoMusculito; 05-28-2009 at 10:08 AM.
    "A man becomes what he thinks about."

kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    just have your mom pack you about 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and eat them through out the school day....also does your school have a gym you can use?

Originally Posted by Simmo0508 View Post
    "danaguesswho" actually provided good advice in terms of this kid bulking up. He asked for advice from those who have done it before. Read the heading. From your picture it looks like all you've bulked up lately is a tab at the local chinese buffet jks
    Protein does need to be relatively high, since the kid should be training heavy and on a frequent basis. You need it for recovery. He's looking to grow here, not stay where he is now. You gotta shock your body to change. Give it a reason to.

Sodium isn't really an issue whilst bulking up at that age, i agree.

Meal frequency isn't that important in terms of physically gaining mass, but it is important in terms of being realistic. 6-7 smaller meals are much more doable for most people, than 2-3 huge dumpings of food that take hours to eat. We're talkin good nutritious food here, not junk that can take 10mins to scoff off. Plastic containers are great for carrying around your pre-cooked food.

Training 4-5x a week is perfectly normal for a young kid bulking up. One body part per day is a highly successful training setup. Most of us older bb'ers still adopt this setup, since it allows people to focus their entire workout on one thing, go as heavy as they can, and with volume. All vital things to building muscle at his stage. It's a much easier way to hypertrophy imo. Full body workouts and upper/lower splits aren't that great for someone like him looking to get big, again imo. It's better to just expend all your energy on one thing when you go to the gym and smash something up, then let it have time to recover. 3x a week is like nothing man. That's a pretty low workload, regardless of what said 3 workouts consist of.

And like "danaguesswho" said, don't forget the water. Drink drink drinkkk! Massively overlooked quite often.

OP, i know what you're goin through man. I started mine back when i was 19, 150lbs. What i did was get a job (i know it's hard for you since you're down on time), get some money behind me, eat a lot of food day in day out. Lift heavy as ****, day in day out. That's it bro. Consistent persistence.

You gotta do things differently to what you are now, both with your exercise and your food. Otherwise the body doesn't change. You have to send it a message via your actions.
    Well I might as well go in order of what I bolded.

1. Slight failed attempt at humor. It just doesn't make any sence....but that doesnt really matter.

2. Find me one study that shows that 1.5-2 grams of protein/lb resulted in a better body comp. for a natural athlete.......good luck.

3. The source of the food/calories matters less than you think. Here is an article that reviews the science behind it.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...ch-review.html

4. We all know body builders have gotten results from isolating body parts. However we now know that this isnt an ideal split for people who are just starting out.

That last paragraph I bolded has a whole slew of things wrong with it. I'm not going to bother breaking each peice of that down. Here's a link that may help you understand better training splits.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html

This doesnt touch much on athlete based training, which I still say full body functional movements are better.

Thanks simon, no seriously though I put up pics to remind myself where I started AGAIN from. I don't put them up to impress the girls on bodyspace, I am over 40 have been away from the gym for over 7 yrs and although I haven't been pysically active AT ALL for that time I have still kept up on different techniques and reading about bodybuilding from time to time.To be over 300 lbs and have the balls to even post pics like that says a lot about my character and where I want to take this bodybuilding.
    Also to drop 50 lbs in less than 3 months tells you I do know what I am doing. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I will be 100% improved and down to at least 12% BF by my one year anniversary back to the gym come 11 months from now.
    But back to the at hand conversation................
    "FOCUS ON DIET EVEN MORE THAN ON TRAINING
    In two very distinct bodybuilding populations -- competitors and hardgainers -- nutrition is more critical than training. Pros understand this, and they devote far more time each day to their nutrition than they do to their training. Hardgainers, unfortunately, have trouble learning this lesson. If you want to add muscle mass, you have to give your body the nutrients and calories it needs for growth. Chances are you already train like a beast. You can stimulate your muscle mass all you want, but it won't grow if you aren't giving it the necessary raw materials. Make nutrition priority one if you're a hardgainer. "

"One mistake many bodybuilders make when they enter a mass-building phase is to add too many calories too quickly. If you're eating 3,000 calories a day for bodyweight maintenance, and you want to increase your calorie consumption to 4,000 to add more muscle mass, the most effective strategy is to do so in increments of 300-500 calories. Allow your body to adapt to this new caloric level for seven to 10 days before bumping up calories a second time. This slow approach to increasing calories allows your body to more effectively use this additional energy rather than storing it as bodyfat. "

" Because bodybuilding is one rough sport for anyone, people tend to be extreme thinkers. When it comes to training and nutrition, many people adopt an all or nothing mentality. Often, this can run counter to long-term goals. If you're on a diet and you're effectively stripping bodyfat, don't try to rush the process by cutting calories or carbohydrates down to nothing. When you're in a mass-building phase, you must force-feed your body to a certain extent, but adding thousands of calories more than you need for maintenance will only overcram you and encourage bodyfat storage in your body. Finally, if life events force you to miss a meal or two, don't beat yourself up about it. The negative hormone response you generate from stressing is far more harmful to your overall goals than a lost opportunity to take in 500 calories. Don't sweat th esmall stuff. "
    You are clearly reading the wrong material...which I will refer to in your next post.

All I am going to say is the valid science theory may hold water but it depends on where you are getting your information.
    Set in my ways as you have put is not a valid stament since the MAJORITY of my information that I get is from sites like , oh lets see, .... muscleandfitness.com, flexonline.com,musculardevelopment.com and the likes. So therefore I would say that might be pretty up to date unless of course they are all old and set in their ways too...but I kinda doubt it. So perhaps you may try and come up with another expaination . No wait they are wrong and you are right again lol....gotcha....
    If you didn't want to do the challenge all you had to do was say so instead of insulting my intelligence by the retaliating attempt at counter-insulting me with the, " your more immature than most 16 yr olds on here" statement.It's ok though, I am glad you think so.
    As far as the excuse about not wanting the challenge, another good one and personally I could give a rats ass what you or anyone else thinks on here I don't come here to impress you with todays science (as you so elequently put it) or my master physique obviously. I come to help a few people with any and all knowlege availiable to me WHEREVER I may find it. So for you to have posted 1300 some odd times tells me that you just spend more time here trying to prove to people that you are something that you aren't than actually doing something about it.Yeah it might not be the exact science you are finding ELSWHERE but it WORKS all the same and it has worked for others or otherwise it wouldn't be information that the PROS use and stick by. It wouldn't be information put on BODYBUILDING sites run by bodybuilders. So say whatever you want , swear up and down bla bla bla that you are right and everyone else is wrong but one day you will wake up and find yourself to be STUCK IN YOUR WAYS....
    have a GREAT DAY! feel free to stop by once and a while and leave me a message and let me know how you are making out..Take care.
    1. Aha, I rest my case. Muscle and fitness made me laugh most. Muscle and fitness tends to be the most god awful source of information I have yet to read. It is pure entertainment.

2. I never insulted you. I stated a fact. You are indeed very immature. Most people would agree that you are acting very childish. If it makes you feel any better, I think your heart is in the right place, you want to help which is good.

3. Once again, your heart is in the right place, but you arent helping. Sadly enough you are only hurting, but its good to see that the effort is there.

4. What?

5. Strong reasoning.......

6. Just stop by my journal if you would like to cheack my progress....its nice to see people in there.
    Last edited by RandyJH; 05-28-2009 at 01:55 PM.
    Just livin' the dream...

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    4. We all know body builders have gotten results from isolating body parts. However we now know that this isnt an ideal split for people who are just starting out.
    Actually it is a pretty ideal split for people starting out and bulking up, as with a lot of young kid's situations. The body needs that kick up the ass in order to stimulate change. Otherwise if it's only doin something say twice a week, that ain't gonna do **** lol He may as well not bother.

You go in, smash one muscle group, go home. Easy, done. Instead of doing one exercise for one muscle group, then another exercise for another different muscle group, then another exercise for another muscle group etc. etc. until your whole upper body is worked for example.

What's important with weight training is keeping your energy level high throughout the workout so one can lift as heavy as possible with every set ad every exercise they do during said workout.

Now when you go from body part to body part, exercise to exercise, emphasis isn't equally placed on each muscle with the same level of intensity. Usually, the first exercise people have the most energy to work with. So when (goin by the low frequency split approach) it's time to train the 2nd and 3rd muscle group with their exercises, the person doesn't have the same energy to distribute with that exercise, thus making the purpose of doing the exercise hard to execute when attempting to match it with equal intensity.

When you do one muscle at a time, all you do is just focus on one thing. The muscle's warmed up, and no wasting time warming up other muscle groups afterwards when starting that muscle's exercises etc.

Each muscle group deserves equal intensity, with equal focus and equal attention. Every muscle deserves the same treatment.

Don't speak if you don't know what you're talkin about man, that's it. If you actually train, you'd understand it right from the start.

Those upper/lower body splits and low frequency workout regimes are ideal for like average people and middle aged mothers (for example), whom aren't looking for some freakish physique, but just to keep fit and be healthy etc. When it comes to bb'ing though, most people get better results off doin the "once per week" thing. However, strength athletes and competitive powerlifters also benefit off a low frequency setup since they aren't looking to increase muscle size perse, just their actual strength on certain exercises. They often do very low volume workouts, whereas bb'ers do mostly high volume workouts.

But yeah when it comes to gaining muscle, recovery is just as important as the workout itself. If you don't understand the recovery & adaption period, it makes hypertrophy a lot harder. One has to judge the severity of a prior workout, and assess the length in which to avoid exercising that muscle again.

Learn from those know do these things my friend :P lol Instead of turning a blind eye to people, just sit back for a second and read what they have to say. Because as the old expression goes, there's always someone out there who knows more than you. It's wise to just listen sometimes ok.

"danaguesswho", ignore them man. They're mostly nerds on here who don't even workout at all. Your points were solid. Some were correct yes, but others not so much. But hey, that's where opinion and personal experience comes in
    Last edited by Simmo0508; 05-29-2009 at 12:05 AM.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FsuNole7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bro scientist are everywhere!!!!!!!!????$$&@@!!!???

SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SupahStarr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OP - Just eat more, lift weights.

Don't over complicate yourself.
    I rep back everyone

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You honestly have no clue what your talking about.
    LMAO! Says the kid who creates a thread asking for advice on how to gain weight.

I love it.
    'I got some mysteries thats confronted when the blunt's lit.'

Yes folks I have ********, just PM for my name.

Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000) Basil08 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Brando0331 View Post
    No way, A high school kid with an attitude problem....
    epic
    My Body has No Limits