toronto45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

23 Yr old Trying to gain size and weight

I am 23 Yrs old 5'11" and weigh 175 lbs. I have tryed everything to gain weight and still cant! I am looking for a routine that might be able to help me? Anyone have any anwsers to what I can do and what supplements to take?

Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000) Slovation is a name known to all. (+5000)
    whats your routine look like currently? Hows your diet?

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eat more. Lift heavy compounds.

/thread

jsmoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha well put zid, i wud stress eating tho, its 45% what you do in the gym, 55% what you eat, you need high amounts of functional calories (not beer and ice cream). One thing that really helped me put on weight was getting steel cut oats at the grocery store and grinding them up in a coffee grinder, put that into a milkshake or protein smoothie, a quarter to half cup ground up will give u at least a good clean 500 cals of carbs b4 a workout (i would wait an hour after i take it, if ur not used to it u can get a little queasy). eat plenty of greens and fresh fruit, wheat pasta, and obviously lean protein. compound work is very important for a lot of reasons, esp wen your gettin older, u stop making as much test naturally but compounds like squatting/benching/dead lifting, pull ups/dips (with a weight belt) are known to increase testosterone lvls as well as work out the most muscle groups in the quickest time. if you have all that down and your still lookin for more, im not too big on my supplements but bsides a basic multivitamin i would highly recommend size-on by gaspari if your looking to put on size, its a creatine blend you take during workouts or b4 you go to sleep, its pricey, close to 80 bucks at gnc (much less online) for a 30 day amt, but u can see almost full results at the end of a hard week
    Last edited by jsmoke; 05-26-2009 at 09:13 PM.

ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Telling by the extremely short/generalized message, I'll give you a generalized answer... since that's all I have to go on right now, maybe later you can fill me in with a few specifics.

I take it, your main goal is to gain muscle... well I don't know what kind of training program you're currently following or what types of philosophies you've drawn from but I'm guessing you haven't "switched things up" in a while. If you haven't been progressing in strength... consequently you won't be adding any muscle to you're frame anytime soon without shocking things up a bit. I also don't know how you're diet is... I hope your eating enough to see significant changes, the only way to objectively determine your progress here is to track your macros (PRO/CHO/FAT) but I bet you aren't...which is okay, but you're not progressing you say, you should start doing that.

I haven't seen you, so to really give you the right protocol... I would need to see some pictures, what your training is currently like on a weekly basis, and what you're diet is currently like... once again, I don't have those things from you yet so I can give you some generalized tips.

If you want to bring up your chest, one of the things that worked well for me and took me out of a plateau was pre-exhausting the muscle group. For example, Instead of starting your workout with compound movements like bench press, dumbell press, or dips, I would start with isolation work like machine flyes or cable cross over to get the muscles really isolated and fatigued... THEN follow up with the main compound lifts such as bench/dips, etc. Doing this type of REVERSE order of lifts has done wonders for myself and many people I've been around/worked with have responded well. You will need to see how your body responds and see how you recover. Try adding another session per week/ or taking one out... try your exercises in reverse order and use different intensity techniques:
    http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.c...-routines.html

Remember if you're not taking in enough calories, and enough protein to support growth... you could train PERFECTLY and see Nada. Nutrition is where it's at: You can't build the HOUSE without the BRICKS.

You are an ectomorph I know. Meaning it's hard for you to gain muscle, but very easy to lose fat. You're going to need about 1.2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight each day to build muscle, and as many carbs as you can handle. Focus taking in Carbs at these times: Pre-workout/Post workout/ and breakfast since these are the times your body is most primed to handle the extra glucose and use it to build muscle tissue. Spread the rest of your carbs through out the day.

Just go hard in the gym and in the KITCHEN and you will break through this plateau you're at. Send me the specifics if you want more details on any particular area.
    If there's any one skill that I've seen in champions- people who have really achieved their highest desires- it's an unbelievable level of persistence. They'll change their approach as necessary, but they won't abandon their ultimate vision.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000) jkdman81 is just really nice. (+1000)

hard gainer????

Originally Posted by toronto45 View Post
    I am 23 Yrs old 5'11" and weigh 175 lbs. I have tryed everything to gain weight and still cant! I am looking for a routine that might be able to help me? Anyone have any anwsers to what I can do and what supplements to take?
    take in more calories than you burn off= weight gain

good routine for size & strength.....

bench press
    reps:5
    sets:5

bent-over row

squat

deadlift(RDL or SL)

but if you tryin to put on weight eat more
    more often
    American College of Sports Medicine Certified Trainer
    (ACSM-CPT)

Aerobics & Fitness Association of America
    (AFAA-Certified PersonalTrainer)

Surprise yourself and unleash your potential!!!!!

my limits.... glove up and try to find them!!!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=305434971&posted=1#post305434971

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by toronto45 View Post
    Take AAS. 175 @ 5'11 is not underweight. You may be at your genetic limit.