My prediction: Pain! joey joe joe's Avatar
    joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

JJJ's Keto Log O' Doom

Hey dudes, this is my log. I think I'll mainly be keeping this to track progress, I probably won't have time to post cals and macros everyday. I have a pretty good idea of what I should be eating, I use fitday and read every label I pick up. I started keto Monday May 18. That morning I weighed in at 225lbs, this morning I was at 219lbs, so I seem to be making good progress.

Stats: 6', 219lbs, ~25-27%BF
    Goal: 190lbs, 14% BF

I'm keeping my cals at about 2000 and protein at 155-160g a day. So far so good. I don't like eggs or fish, so I tend to have a little more whey protein instead.

Meal 1:
    Greens+ drink, Whey shake and natty peanut butter

Meal 2:
    Mixed nuts

Meal 3:
    Ground beef 'chili' with bacon, green beans

Meal 4:
    Pork tenderloin, almonds

Meal 5:
    Chicken caesar salad will full fat dressing

Meal 6:
    Natty PB and pork rinds

When I get more time I'll post my workout routine.
    New music and video up! www.daysleftmusic.com

joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yesterday's workout: Chest/Tris

Warm-up: 10 min on bike
    DB Bench: 70x10x3
    DB Incline: 55x10x3
    Cable Crossovers: 40x10x3
    Cable Tri Pressdown w/ Rope: 90x10x3
    Seated Tri Press: 70x10x3
    Dips: BWx7x3
    Crunches

Cardio: 20 min on eliptical

Today's workout: Back/Bis

Deads: 185x8x3
    Bent over rows: 145x10x3
    Seated Cable Row: 135x10x3
    Lat Pulldown: 120x10x3
    Hammer Strength Preacher: 70x10x3
    Cable Arm Curls w/ Rope: 80x10, 87x10x2
    21's (I do 30's): 30lbs x 3 sets

Cardio: None, had to get to band practice

I feel like my lifts are down since starting keto last week even though my energy is up. I guess it's not such a bad thing, as long as I keep lifting. I won't get to my leg routine this week, I'm heading up to the cottage in a couple days and won't have time before then. I'll just get back to it next week.

Diet was good today, and I just bbq'd some sausages in the dark for a couple meals tomorrow. While they were cooking, I made some pork rind nachos with hot sauce... I haven't had that in years, it was really tasty. Have a good weekend!

I got some low carb pitas the other day and made a pizza with one last night. Soooo good! I'm really glad I don't have to give up pizza on this diet that is my definite Achilles heel!

These low carb pitas have 8g of carbs, including 4g of fiber. Pizza sauce is about 1g carbs per tbsp, then I can control the amount of fat/protein depending on how much cheese and meat I put on. Tasty as all get out!

Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sideways17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by joey joe joe View Post
    I got some low carb pitas the other day and made a pizza with one last night. Soooo good! I'm really glad I don't have to give up pizza on this diet that is my definite Achilles heel!

These low carb pitas have 8g of carbs, including 4g of fiber. Pizza sauce is about 1g carbs per tbsp, then I can control the amount of fat/protein depending on how much cheese and meat I put on. Tasty as all get out!
    (*Drooling*) Oh....my.....god...I've missed my pizza!
    ''The greatest wealth, is health.''

''Sacrifice what you are, for what you can become.''

My XBox live gamertag is ''Sideways717''

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those low carb/high fiber pita's and wraps are awesome. They really kill the carb craving some days.

Good luck OP!

EDIT: Careful with the BBQ sauce........some of those have a ton of carbs in them.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

Originally Posted by swimmer32 View Post
    Those low carb/high fiber pita's and wraps are awesome. They really kill the carb craving some days.

Good luck OP!

EDIT: Careful with the BBQ sauce........some of those have a ton of carbs in them.
    Thanks! And yes, I steer clear of most bbq sauces, way too much sugar. Only hot sauce for me! Frank's Red Hot is 0g carbs and the best thing ever on pork rind nachos, chicken, burgers, pizza... pretty much anything with meat and/or cheese. *Droool* indeed!!

So I did my first carb up while at the cottage this weekend. Friday and Sunday were still keto, but Friday night and Saturday were loaded with dirty n' delicious carbs. I tried to keep it somewhat clean, but that’s not easy when you're at the cottage and sometimes cooking for 8 people. Beer, potatoes, burgers with buns, pizza, chips, cookies, chocolate... definitely not a clean carb-up. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 2lbs heavier than I was Friday morning (up to 220lbs), not as bad as I was expecting though.

Back in the gym tonight for chest/tri day!

Had another carb up weekend and things went well. Not entirely clean, but nothing horrible at the same time. I weighed myself this morning and my weight is the same as what it was Friday morning, which is good, but I?m feeling bloated. The bloating should be gone by the end of the day after a good work out. I pulled a muscle in my back, up by my shoulder blade, so I?ll do legs tonight to give it a rest.

Over the weekend I picked up a Costco membership and a low-carb cookbook, so I'll have to do some shopping and try out some recipes. Right now Costco has pork chops and roasts on sale, so I might have to check it out.

Here's my planned diet for today:

Meal 1: 1 scoop whey, 2 tbsp Natty PB
    Meal 2: Mixed nuts
    Meal 3: Turkey burger w/ brie, spinach salad
    Meal 4: Turkey burger w/ brie
    PWO: 1 scoop whey, 5g CM, 10g Dextrose
    Meal 5: pizza on a low carb pita

Here's my recipe for the turkey burgers, they?re really tasty and I think stolen from the Food network:

1lb ground turkey
    Small wheel of brie
    Rosemary

1. 1lb should be enough for 3 burgers, so separate the meat into 3 equal sized balls. Work in the rosemary as you knead the meat and form patties.
    2. Cut up enough brie for 3 cubes, a little smaller than 1 inch.
    3. Use your thumb to press out a ditch in the middle of each patty, big enough for the cheese. Put the cheese inside and work the meat back over top of the cheese. You might need to press it all back down to thin out the patty.
    4. Season both sides with salt & pepper (this gives the burger a nice 'crust') and olive oil.
    5. Fry in a well heated pan with a lid. The lid helps speed up cooking time and cooks the meat throughout. Should be done once the pink is gone and liquids run clear.

It seems like my weight loss has stalled, I'm sitting at 214lbs this morning, which is only down 1lb this week. I'm not discouraged, I think it might be that I'm retaining muscle, maybe even building muscle while losing fat. I have been pretty lax in the cardio department though. My goal for next week will be to increase my fats and cardio, then see where we stand next Friday.

I'm not going to do a full carb up this weekend, I probably won't have any carbs until tomorrow afternoon, then go back to keto Sunday morning. My band is playing in a festival tomorrow, and they're feeding us, so I'll just eat whatever we get. Since my progress has slowed lately, I figure the smaller the carb-up, the quicker I can get back into keto.

I haven't updated this in a while!! I know I've lost some more weight, I'm probably around 210lbs now, which I'm happy with. My shoulders and arms are bigger, while my waist is shrinking.

I played a show yesterday for Canada and some old friends came out. A few of them commented on how good I was looking and they could tell I had lost some weight. Good things for sure! I'll get on the scale tomorrow morning to see how my progress is. That will be the end of week 6, so if I can be down at 210 or less I'll be happy. That would be an average loss of 2-3 lbs a week, which I think is pretty good.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I haven't updated this in a while!! I know I've lost some more weight, I'm probably around 210lbs now, which I'm happy with. My shoulders and arms are bigger, while my waist is shrinking.

I played a show yesterday for Canada and some old friends came out. A few of them commented on how good I was looking and they could tell I had lost some weight. Good things for sure! I'll get on the scale tomorrow morning to see how my progress is. That will be the end of week 6, so if I can be down at 210 or less I'll be happy. That would be an average loss of 2-3 lbs a week, which I think is pretty good.
    2-3 pounds a week is awesome!!!

Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    2-3 pounds a week is awesome!!!
    Thanks! I'm really happy with the results so far.

Years ago I followed the Atkins diet, which doesn't have many rules except for keeping carbs around 20-30g a day. I lost a lot of weight, but a lot of it was muscle and I felt flat and weak. CKD's been great so far, I can keep the muscle and lose the fat. Me like!

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks! I'm really happy with the results so far.

Years ago I followed the Atkins diet, which doesn't have many rules except for keeping carbs around 20-30g a day. I lost a lot of weight, but a lot of it was muscle and I felt flat and weak. CKD's been great so far, I can keep the muscle and lose the fat. Me like!
    Same thing happened to me on the Atkins a few years back. CKD worked MUCH better. Sounds like you're making good progress! That's awesome when others start noticing!
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

Originally Posted by swimmer32 View Post
    Same thing happened to me on the Atkins a few years back. CKD worked MUCH better. Sounds like you're making good progress! That's awesome when others start noticing!
    Agreed!!

I weighed in this morning for my weekly Friday scale-stepping-on-athon (that's what I?m calling it) and it came up to 210lbs. Just as I predicted yesterday. Today my pants are feeling pretty loose, when last time I wore them they were a little snug. A nice change!!

I'm going to the cottage this weekend, armed with steak, burgers, veggies, and plenty of other keto foods. I think I might skip the carb up this weekend and just keep going the keto way.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think I might skip the carb up this weekend and just keep going the keto way.
    A carb-up is the keto way.

Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    A carb-up is the keto way.
    Very true! I took a week off from lifting last week though and just didn't feel a carb-up was warranted. I'll definitely be doing one this coming weekend.

I had a decent carb up weekend destroyed by a ton of drinking. A friend of mine is a bartender, so we stopped by her bar after the UFC to catch last call. We ended up staying until 5am as she fed us free drinks. Even in my drunken state, I kept things keto, sticking to rye & diet coke and shots of Jager. After this self-destructive behaviour, I'm back on track.

Last night I made this tasty chicken dish... didn’t take any pictures, but trust me, it's good!

Boneless chicken breast, butterflied, pounded to 1/4in thickness
    1oz of cream cheese
    1 tsp of minced garlic (powder would be fine too)
    Pinch of thyme and black pepper
    2 strips of bacon, uncooked

Mix the cream cheese with the garlic and spices, then spread the mixture in the centre of the chicken. Fold the chicken over to seal in the cheese, then wrap the whole thing up with the bacon. Use some toothpicks to hold in place. You can store it in the fridge for a while or make right away. Put them on a warm grill for 25 min, or in the oven at 375F for about 30 min turning occasionally. Near the end, you can top it with whatever cheese you like.

blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blacklantern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Was just reading your log - that lo-carb pizza sounds like an excellent idea! Also, everyone falls off the wagon from time to time; like you said, just keep chugging forward. Congratulations on your progress so far, I'll be watching!

I've been pretty bad at updating this log! I did my weekly Friday scale-stepping-on-a-thon this morning and weighed in at 205lbs. This is about the 2 month mark since starting keto, and I think dropping 20lbs in that time is some decent progress. Some weeks are better than others, but I'll keep trucking along and see how things go. There's still a lot of fat around my waist and my upper body needs some more size to get that V-taper look, but I think I'm on the right path. Maybe if I get a chance, I'll post up some progress pics.

I forgot to post my taco beef recipe!

Brown 1.5lbs of beef, drain, set aside

In the same pan add...
    2 tbsp butter
    Minced onion (however much you like)
    1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced

Allow that to almost brown, then add beef back in then add...

1tsp cumin
    1tsp oregano
    1tsp cayenne
    1tsp chili powder
    Pinch of Salt and pepper
    1/3 cup water
    1tbsp Tobasco Chipotle sauce (or whatever low carb flavour you like)

Once the water is absorbed, it's ready to eat. I made this the other night and added bacon and tomato puree to make it into a chili of sorts. I don't really measure the spices, so you can tweak it around to get a taste you like.